Home

5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon

This is a discussion on 5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: 5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon

That's why I don't play online.

My friend always runs his QB backwards and to the far right/left before making a throw across his body for big plays. I started to blitz my corners, and he quickly learned his lesson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #42
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I just know Hawkins was the name I keep hearing over and over again. Jersey number 8.

But throwing across the body thats I totally got pissed off. I'm not talking about the first hash mark. One of those throw it all the way to the second hash mark. From Right to Left. With pressure in his face.
That may be the biggest problem in head to head/cpu games-the accuracy of these passes under pressure and across the body...simply ridiculous. It's up to EA to fix this with lower accuracy ratings under these circumstances. Slower pass animations could happen under these situations as well to decrease chances of getting a pass off b4 contact. Setting your feet b4 a pass is one of the golden rules for completing a pass yet that rule is constantly ignored during those scrambling moments.

I'm no expert at ncaa 11 jeebs but I recommend calling some plays where you may have atleast two blitzing LB's and instead of blitzing one, take control of him and shadow qb yourself and pretend to play a zone by straffing bout 2-3 yards off line of scrimmage for a second or two. After that start mirroring qb without over committing yourself. When u c the qb make a move to run, make a mad dash 4 him. Good luck.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #43
Rookie

calbrs04's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
That may be the biggest problem in head to head/cpu games-the accuracy of these passes under pressure and across the body...simply ridiculous. It's up to EA to fix this with lower accuracy ratings under these circumstances. Slower pass animations could happen under these situations as well to decrease chances of getting a pass off b4 contact. Setting your feet b4 a pass is one of the golden rules for completing a pass yet that rule is constantly ignored during those scrambling moments.

I'm no expert at ncaa 11 jeebs but I recommend calling some plays where you may have atleast two blitzing LB's and instead of blitzing one, take control of him and shadow qb yourself and pretend to play a zone by straffing bout 2-3 yards off line of scrimmage for a second or two. After that start mirroring qb without over committing yourself. When u c the qb make a move to run, make a mad dash 4 him. Good luck.
I played a unranked game today vs the Buckeyes, and the guy I was playing ran out to the right sideline with Pryor, then went what seemed like 3 yds up field, enough for the first down, then threw a bullet across the field to the open wr for a 35 yd gain. That one had me yelling.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 34

3-3-5 stack playbokk is scrambling qb abuser repellant
Old 08-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #45
Prime Time

Leon Sandcastle's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah I am a Ohio State fan & I can't pick them for NO ONE wants to play them because of Terrelle Pryor an his speed. So I usually pick North Carolina for they are a very balanced team. If I play bigger opponents I use Iowa for they are really good!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #46
Rookie

calbrs04's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiiLe HigH
Yeah I am a Ohio State fan & I can't pick them for NO ONE wants to play them because of Terrelle Pryor an his speed. So I usually pick North Carolina for they are a very balanced team. If I play bigger opponents I use Iowa for they are really good!
I dont't mind playing vs OSU as long as the guy i'm playing isn't cheesing with pryor all game. I mean his speed is realistic.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #47
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUFTBL1
I said play 2 deep MAN coverage. zones are way too easy to throw against in this game and man coverage is pretty good. Make him beat your man coverage with that 20 yard dropback garbage. Make sure you have the slot receivers covered tight because they can be found on slant routes early in the play. Also put your fastest LBs as the starters at LOLB and ROLB because those 2 players will be the DE's in the LB Pass Rush Package.
Ah gotcha'. I'll definitely try that. Aren't they supposed to be fixing man in the upcoming patch, though?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

It is nice to see a variety of teams.

I've played 28 ranked games thus far and here are the teams I've used:

Washington
Wisconsin
Florida (my fav)
Navy (my opponent actually used Air Force, that was cool)
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Iowa
South Carolina
Notre Dame
Cal
Nebraska
Miami
Arkansas
Houston
Virginia Tech
USC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »