Home

Building a Better NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on Building a Better NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 0
could we have a lobby for the team builder online,can never find anyony to play online with my team builder teams if so can it be filtered mening no 8 ft. wrs or no linemen with 99 speed.i think this would be great for the people that likes to play online with there team builder teams
Old 03-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #194
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
I've just read this and I'm just amazed at how someone gets it. I agree with everything and especially the last topic of AD Mode/extensive coach mode. That would just simply be amazing and be a first day buy if that info was out. I would be one of those crazy people waiting for the store to open even if nobody else was in line (i live in a smaller town). I'd just campout in wal-mart parking lot til they opened their doors.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #195
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Building a Better NCAA Football 12

All I play really is offline dynasty. There are ton of things I want for that, but I would be happy with just some decent CPU logic with recruiting. I have seen teams with up to 12 QB's on the roster only a couple of seasons in, which means they are lacking players elsewhere.

I have also seen schools that run spread and options with not a single QB mobile QB (not that it really mattered since there is no rushing QB logic) It goes down the line, the CPU simply does not recruit players that fit there system.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #196
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

For the most part, NCAA 12 needs:

More in depth Dynasty, Online Dynasty and Road to Glory modes

Spectator Mode

Balanced gameplay that caters towards BOTH offense and defense

Consecutive hit tackles

More animations to maybe offset the prevalent motion shifts

Custom Playbooks
Old 03-29-2011, 03:43 AM   #197
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxtrailblazers
This is gonna sound crazy, but the most important thing to me is feeling like I am watching a game on tv. So I would go as far to say that I would be okay with having the option of watching a four or five second commercial or simulation of a fake commercial in between kickoffs or series. Now on realisticness; we definitely need a halftime and postgame show. Also shots of players in the locker room before and after the game. The gameplay is great, and the engineers have worked hard and created an awesome game. But they need to make it like an Espn presentation.

(what do you think about the commercials idea? Too far?)
No real commercials, but I would be more than happy to see them use a "fade to black" thing to simulate a commercial break like in MLB 2k. Do it just like it is in real life. Quarter Changes, TV timeouts, change of possessions, etc.

― Plato
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #198
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
No real commercials, but I would be more than happy to see them use a "fade to black" thing to simulate a commercial break like in MLB 2k. Do it just like it is in real life. Quarter Changes, TV timeouts, change of possessions, etc.
^^ This. With the ESPN CFB music. (new theme)
Old 03-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #199
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I can see adding something like that to Madden, because the NFL is essentially a made for tv sport.

CFB, otoh, is all about being at the game. The bands, cheerleaders and raucous student sections all combine to make seeing a cfb game live an experience unlike anything else in sports. That is what the NCAA dev team should be aiming for with it's presentation, imo. EA should be trying to duplicate as much as possible the experience of being in South Bend on game day (or Lincoln, or Ann Arbor, or Tallahassee, etc., etc.).

Last edited by coogrfan; 03-29-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #200
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I know its beating a dead horse, but if you fix gameplay, you fix the game. Great gameplay can go a long ways in fixing Dynasty as well. Heres why:

Line Play Needs to Matter

What it Does: Fixing line play would breath fresh air right into recruiting. This would include making size matter. Some teams play with fast and agile line play (SEC, Big East), others play with much slower, but powerful line play (Big Ten). If I wanted to use the spread with a team, I'd most likely recruit more agile O-Linemen. Offensive Line play was a ton better last year, but ratings never seemed to matter. If they did, it was hardly noticeable.

Scrambling QB's

What it Does: Besides the obvious (fixing in game play), this would add serious depth to Dynasty mode. Having to finally gameplan for a team with a scrambling QB would add a ton of realism to the game. These guys should be just as tough, if not tougher, than Pocket Passers to defend. Once again, this adds a whole new door for recruiting.

Ratings NEED to Matter

What it Does: It changes the style of play that you use on both the Defensive side of the ball, and the Offensive side of the ball. It changes who you recruit, it changes how you gameplan. Now this needs to be something that is done correctly. For instance, if I were to have a WR with incredible hands, and vertical, the CPU needs to have an idea of who I am going to on 3rd and goal. But I'll get more into this in a second.

Improved CPU Logic

What it Does: Not only will we be able to gameplan against the CPU, but the CPU should be able to gameplan for us. Now I'm not asking for some extensive system the CPU would use, I'm just asking for them to be moderately logical. If its 3rd and 10, early in the second quarter, I don't want the CPU to call Hail Mary every time. If I have the ball, early in the game on a 3rd down, the CPU should NEVER call and all out blitz. NEVER. If I am hammering the CPU with my run game, they should stack the box. If the CPU is dominating me with the pass game, it should continue to pass. If the CPU is a run oriented squad (say Alabama last year) they should never have a game where their QB throws it 40 times in a game. If I have a QB who doesn't handle pressure well and isn't very good on his feet, what should the CPU do? They should blitz. There are so many situations where I will be having a competitive game, and the CPU will blow it by calling a Hail Mary, or by calling an all out blitz late in the game. Its funny for a little while, but then it just gets frustrating.

Special Teams

What it Does: I simply write special teams because I think just adding Special Teams would make a huge difference in next years game. Special Teams has literally been non-exsistant for as long as I can remember. No punt blocks, unrealistic kick returns, FG's will often be attempted from 60 yards out. Fix this, as it is 1/3 of the game after all.

I know this is a long read, but the fixes for these gameplay issues would make the game so much more immersive. Gameplay first, because gameplay goes a long way with fixing other things too. This is coming from someone who has been the biggest advocate for a coaching carousel ever since CH 2k8 came out. You can do it EA.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »