Home

Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #137
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by zethisis
I'm gonna be 100% real about this. EA plain and simple is lazy and doesn't want to make a satisfying product. Since there is no competition they don't have to put out a quality Football game. We've seen it with Madden and NCAA. The only reason they put those changes in Madden this year was because their license is about to expire soon. I guarantee the year when 2k can make a College football/NFL game it will be better than anything EA puts out. And as far as the CC goes, it's okay but they should have added so much more. It was the bare minimum but the fact that you can't hire OC/DC is really disapointing and takes the cake. The Coach prestige system needs to be totally redone. They didn't really change anything with that system besides the arrows telling you how you did. It was almost merely the same thing as it was the last 4 years.

The goals for the OC/DC are okay but they can be retuned too, like coordinators actually gaining prestige for having the best Defense/offense in their conference/Nation/or getting a 4,5 star recruit to come to you're school/Top recruiting classes/ or even having a player on you're side of the field projected as a first round pick or winning a award. Something that actually matters in real college football. They also do need to add actually ratings to the coach system. Something along the lines of: Recruiting(Affects how much you're calls and visits sway recruits), Offense, Defense, Prestige. There also needs to be a spring game added to the dynasty mode as a way of really seeing who should be on field playing. (In my opinion there's no excuse as to why this isn't in the game by now. It's really just a modified practice). Senior Bowl games should also be included.

Also this is what really got me fuming and EA is gonna have to fix this but each Coordinator should only recruit their side of the ball instead of recruiting everybody. So basically they stripped you of either controlling the offense/defense but you're gonna do all of the recruiting. So basically they pretty much implemented goals (the arrows pointing in either the negative or the positive), the ability to only play on one side of the field and the ability to still recruit everybody. So most likely, the fellow CPU coaches aren't gonna do any recruiting and you're gonna do all of it. Basically the same features that they've had for the past 5 years. This is real ****ty on EA's part. And everybody on here know EA be on here reading these forums. Just give us what we want in a game. Freaking 2K listened to us about the NBA 2k series and look what it got them. It's a pretty good game even if it isn't perfect. Sadly the day the license is up is the day we will get a good football game.
I agree with some of your post but, the first line stating that EA is lazy is probably one of the more ridiculous things that I've read in awhile. Also, the last line shows your agenda. Good luck with that.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #138
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

Did someone with the game say it was easy to get a position at a top school? Or is this an assumption based on screenshots, etc.?

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #139
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
Did someone with the game say it was easy to get a position at a top school? Or is this an assumption based on screenshots, etc.?
Seems like pure speculation to me.

If it's not, I'd like to see proof.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #140
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
If it's not, I'd like to see proof.
Which there won't be, all we have is screenshots and second hand accounts of how it plays out.

We are trying to judge what jobs people should and shouldn't get based on screenshots where we don't see any other data or what goals were fulfilled.

An OC for team that went 3-9 overall still might be a great hire b/c maybe they averaged 40 points a game and their QB threw for 5,000 yards. We aren't able to see stats or goals achieved though so everything at this point is speculatory
Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #141
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think we have all come to expect everything EA does will have obvious faults. I hate to be like that because I truly beleive the guys working on the game are doing the best tbey can, but their pride gets in the way, or something else does. We, the fans, tell them what we want, so they give us something, but always put an EA twist on it.

We get ESPN presentation, but the replay angles are EA'd and are unrealistic and upset us more than making us happy. Then with the CC they don't add individual ratins which is disappointing, but somewhat understandable, but it also looks like they went their own way and made sure it was accessible and make sure you get one offer every year and it looks like it is easy to get a job. It needs to be like 2k8 where we need to earn our jobs. I am in year 7 and still have not gotten any better offers than a few mid majors in 2k8 which is what we want. We have the ability to choose our favorite teams, so there is no reason to make the CC easy to get the jobs at the top school.
Hey, i think you should watch the IGN video again, because I dont get where it was said you could jump ship to your favorite school automatically or recieve offers to your favorite school. I believe it said you would recieve 3 offers a year from diff schools and you had to "EARN" your way to a top 6/5 star school. It didnt say you could lead North Texas to a 9-3 season and then get and offer from Texas Year 1. because if Texas is succeding they wont fire the coach and offer anyone, if he retires or moves on then they open up and search for coaches and then your still not guaranteed a job.

They even showed in the video that if a change was coming to a 6 star school your name had to be in their top 3 interest to even be considered or and if the school wasnt listed an Alma Mater of you then it would even be harder to get in.

Just watch the video at IGN on the dynasty preview.
YouTube: TBD

Last edited by PaperBoyx703; 05-24-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #142
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Canes,

In 2K you had the option of Open/Closed legacy. You have the option of building your way up or starting out at a big time school. I don't see the problem.

You act as if your POV is the only one. Not everybody wants to play through 7 years to go from Idaho to Maryland.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #143
Banned

tpain2345's Arena

OVR: 3

So all they did was "tune" recruiting? any idea what that means?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #144
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Canes,

In 2K you had the option of Open/Closed legacy. You have the option of building your way up or starting out at a big time school. I don't see the problem.

You act as if your POV is the only one. Not everybody wants to play through 7 years to go from Idaho to Maryland.
I agree with you One Thousand Percent on everything you said here.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »