Home

Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a perfect example of why sports games should have 2 years development cycles, with every other year just being a roster update.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #130
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

With all the arguing going on above me, I hope neutral site games are in.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #131
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Some people will just never be happy. No matter what they won't be satisfied

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #132
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It would be too hard to program the game to make coordinators recruit both sides of the ball, but in regions. In real life you have 8+ position coaches, thats why they can do regions. In NCAA 12 they should have made you stick to your side of the ball. Although it isn't realistic, it is the best solution to only having 3 coaches.
I didn't say the game needed to make the CPU coordinators recruit regions. I'm talking about the user. The rest of the recruiting class would be filled out like it is right now. The CPU recruiting wherever. But the user coordinator should have a region and both side of the ball to recruit. There's nothing difficult about that from a programming standpoint. It's simply maintaining a pipeline (already in the game) and signing positional needs (already in the game).
Old 05-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #133
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
Some people will just never be happy. No matter what they won't be satisfied
I agree with Blaze. I think NCAA 12 is going to be great. I still play 11 and with the improvements I am sure I will be playing 12 til the day 13 comes out. The fans ask EA for so much and when a number of things are put in or improved on its never enough. When they put in coach ratings there won't be enough ratings, or they won't be dynamic and change week to week, or they won't affect recruiting enough.

From what I read, it sounds like the IMPORTANT stuff is getting worked on. On TGS the guys said CPU QBs scramble more often, I have read that CPU will now recruit more wisely, which is a BIG deal. The CC will be fun and they make it sound like you will have to work hard for an A+ prestige. The customization options, improved defense (hopefully, still not sold but hopeful on this), and graphic improvements warrant a must buy status to me.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I just don't understand how people aren't ticked about it being half-assed.
It's EA, I've come to expect these types of things from them, so I never even got my hopes up. I'm just waiting for all the ragers when something goes terribly wrong with Franchise in Madden
Old 05-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #135
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
It's EA, I've come to expect these types of things from them, so I never even got my hopes up. I'm just waiting for all the ragers when something goes terribly wrong with Franchise in Madden
I think we have all come to expect everything EA does will have obvious faults. I hate to be like that because I truly beleive the guys working on the game are doing the best tbey can, but their pride gets in the way, or something else does. We, the fans, tell them what we want, so they give us something, but always put an EA twist on it.

We get ESPN presentation, but the replay angles are EA'd and are unrealistic and upset us more than making us happy. Then with the CC they don't add individual ratins which is disappointing, but somewhat understandable, but it also looks like they went their own way and made sure it was accessible and make sure you get one offer every year and it looks like it is easy to get a job. It needs to be like 2k8 where we need to earn our jobs. I am in year 7 and still have not gotten any better offers than a few mid majors in 2k8 which is what we want. We have the ability to choose our favorite teams, so there is no reason to make the CC easy to get the jobs at the top school.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #136
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

This is the first year implementing it and I for one am impressed with what they have given us for a first attempt. 2k8 was not, I repeat, not a first attempt that was going from 2k4 with the search for a job then built up to what it was in 2k8.

Its way better than just a job search for a first attempt and with the inclusion of DC/OC no one expected they would get into that at all and we got it. With all the overall improvements and new features and new RTG the game is going to be a really fresh experience, then NCAA 13 and 14 is where expectations for CC can be higher but for first year implementation this is a good attempt.

But then we got select people with these High expectations based of a game's(2k8) CC that people passed around as a first attempt when it clearly was being worked on since 2k4.

Its really funny to see.
YouTube: TBD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »