Home

So, OSU is going to lose some Team Prestige, right?

This is a discussion on So, OSU is going to lose some Team Prestige, right? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: So, OSU is going to lose some Team Prestige, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Lol ain't not way the Ncaa is gonna let Tressel weasel his way out of this so the program don't get hit. They were defending Tressel as far as we could tell and it's time for the program to man up and take what's coming to them.

That would be like oh it's ok if your Head Coach cheats as long as you fire him afterwards. The hammer is coming down I'm telling you...

They should move down a star while the others stay put IMO
Exactly! The school should suffer because some inbreds value tattoos more than their on the field acheivements! Cmon man, yeah blame the program for what athletes do when they are away from school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #82
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
Exactly! The school should suffer because some inbreds value tattoos more than their on the field acheivements! Cmon man, yeah blame the program for what athletes do when they are away from school.
Problem is Tressell knew about it then covered it up. Amongst other allegations like the cars and his "mentor".
Old 05-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #83
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

OVR: 0

Not to be the late person to the party but there has been a team left off the top 7 in everyone's list.

Texas Longhorns?

Btw i agree OSU is top 5
Old 05-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
i dunno, is giving a kid's family a house worse than trading memorabilia for weed & tats and sweetheart car deals? it's like arguing about which ugly chick is uglier- they're both ugly!
OSU is dealing with $X,XXX amounts of money.
USC was dealing with $XX,XXX amounts of money.
Auburn/most likely a lot of other teams are dealing with $XXX,XXX amounts of money.

That's just how I look at it.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #85
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
So you're just going to assume you know how it all goes down? It seems pretty obvious to me, The NCAA does not want anything that portrays itself in a negative image in the game. Why is that hard to believe? The NCAA makes itself look like a cluster**** of the highest order on its own, it really doesn't need an NCAA licensed a video game to reaffirm that.

I love how you just assume their lazy, like you've been there and saw the guys at tiburon just goofing around all day, give me a break. If you had a called them lazy, a better word being complacent, back in 07-10, I'd be inclined to agree. But they've made tremendous strides with 11 and 12, that warrant a new outlook on when it comes to judging their productivity.
I'm sorry if I came off wrong way. Hypothetically, if there were actual competition in the video game football market the way there is for the NBA, Soccer, shooters, RPG, etc. NCAA Football would have tanked for being the equivalent to an indie game. I agree whole heartedly that 12 looks to be the best 7th gen football game to date and 11 made "leaps" the correct direction. Realistically, though, after 6 or 7 years of development time, gameplay shouldn't be a main improvement that needs to be bragged about (and thats between Madden and NCAA, which use a lot of the same resources). My attitude comes from being disappointed that key that have been in other previous EA games are not implemented due to ____________("Technical reasons").
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 02:45 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Those of us who want the game realistic might care about it. I don't wanna see USC in the BCS Rose Bowl or BCS National Title game in year 1 when they are not eligible for the post-season or the Pac 12 championship.

It's not that difficult and I do not have to play a game with them. They are going to lose to Oregon, Stanford, Arizona State, and Notre Dame on most sims on the video game anyways so that's 4 losses right there. Finding 3 more won't be that difficult.

It requires very little time or effort.
Oh man that's a good one hahaha. I doubt it happens again this year. And none of those games are guaranteed. Oregon yes. Stanford probably. But I've seen USC projected to win the South in some places; nothing like making sure the first year of the title game is flawed by having 1st in the North vs. 2nd in the South. But hey, have fun doing a ton of sims just to make sure USC has 7 losses. Whatever makes you happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »