Home

Grass Textures Missing?

This is a discussion on Grass Textures Missing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #49
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Grass Textures Missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topzzz
My definition of "everything" and definition of "poop" COMPARED
to the CUT SCENES.

I just want the game play to look as good as the cut scenes do.

By the way, if you think this game is "gorgeous," you must not pay much
attention to other sports games.

Now that is grass!!! Thank you
Old 07-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty
I can't believe that nobody has brought up the point about how deceitful and disingenuous it is for EA to hype this "feature" up and "fail to mention" the fact that it's only there during replays and cutscenes (but at a 10 yard draw distance).

It's insulting to the customer base and terribly unethical; telling people a half truth is as bad as lying, IMO.

Look at FIFA. That game does 3D grass magnificently, and it's mind boggling why they can't just do the same thing in NCAA.

I appreciate the effort, but it's a big swing and a miss.
+++++++++ Rep... If that's possible here. lol.

At least someone gets it...

Put in the 3D grass or don't put it in at all.

I bet you a million bucks that all of the commercials are going to show 3D
grass. That's what pisses me off
Old 07-03-2011, 02:14 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

The grass and pretty much everything else in the demo for PS3 looks horrible. It looks like I'm running the game through the old school A/V cables. And as was already mentioned the grass looks terribly unrealistic. EA really frustrates me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 02:26 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by topzzz
+++++++++ Rep... If that's possible here. lol.

At least someone gets it...

Put in the 3D grass or don't put it in at all.

I bet you a million bucks that all of the commercials are going to show 3D
grass. That's what pisses me off

Look at that picture. It's closer to the field than the NCAA gameplay camera is and you can't even tell the grass is "3D". It's real life, so we know the grass/turf is 3D, but looking at it from that angle, which is similar to the one when playing the game, you can't tell it is 3D at all. It looks like flat gree ground just like the game.

Then look at that picture. Something similar to what you'll see in a replay that shows off the 3D grass. You can tell from that angle the grass/turf up closer is 3D, but after a while it all looks flat much like the game.

If EA needs to do anything to their grass and turf, that is make it a lot shorter. Looking at these pictures and just any others you look up on Bing or Google or wherever, you'll easily see that EA has it way too long.

― Plato
Old 07-03-2011, 02:38 AM   #53
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8

Then they should use what FIFA has. That game has great looking grass, and everyone knows soccer fields are cut extremely short.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:42 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Look at that picture. It's closer to the field than the NCAA gameplay camera is and you can't even tell the grass is "3D". It's real life, so we know the grass/turf is 3D, but looking at it from that angle, which is similar to the one when playing the game, you can't tell it is 3D at all. It looks like flat gree ground just like the game.

Then look at that picture. Something similar to what you'll see in a replay that shows off the 3D grass. You can tell from that angle the grass/turf up closer is 3D, but after a while it all looks flat much like the game.

If EA needs to do anything to their grass and turf, that is make it a lot shorter. Looking at these pictures and just any others you look up on Bing or Google or wherever, you'll easily see that EA has it way too long.

You didn't mention anything about the grass color, bro. In all honesty, I could
careless if the grass is 3D or not... But the color is HORRIBLE.... Just make
it green, and call it good... Is it really that hard?

Anyway, your points are otherwise valid.

Still, what the hell is up with the color? lol

Last edited by topzzz; 07-03-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:47 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Both Fifa and PES have amazing looking grass and is what EA should look into for NCAA 13. The grass now is too long and really can't be seen from the standard gameplay angle. I know my post was just arguing that point about how that is pretty realistic, but even in the OU vs UT picture you can still see the players sinking in the grassa tad bit.

If EA was to have Fifa's grass in NCAA 13 and had it visible at all times, then we'd have it realistically done. That game has it cut short, but can still be seen from all angles and if I am not mistaken does not turn flat after 10 yards. That is what I think most of us expected with the 3d grass we have now, but now that we see we don't have that, we're going a little overboard with how it should look.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 02:55 AM   #56
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

After seeing several videos from the people at TheGamingTailgate.com....I don't see a problem with the "color" of the grass. It looks fine to me. Texture really doesn't look too concerning either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »