Home

Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #89
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
What i dont get is; why would EA send out a Demo that is an older build of a game; than the demo that they showed off at E3 this year? Dont they always want to put their best foot forward, and sell lots of games? Is this good business practice?
cheers, from a concerned gamer.
Maybe they had to submit the demo to Microsoft and Sony before E3
Old 07-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #90
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
What i dont get is; why would EA send out a Demo that is an older build of a game; than the demo that they showed off at E3 this year? Dont they always want to put their best foot forward, and sell lots of games? Is this good business practice?
cheers, from a concerned gamer.
Well, Nike paid for that Demo to come out. That means that business arrangement may have happened at a point in time when the game was in the state that we saw it in the Demo. Instead of updating the Demo in real time as they were updating the main game they just kept it as it was when the arrangement was made.

Nike gets their uniforms shown off in a special demo and the final build is kept out of the hands of every single consumer until the 12th.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:29 AM   #91
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I disagree with the writers....its not that "It's people like this that frustrate me the most"......are not knowledgeable of gameplay...they are just calling it like it is. NCAA is SEVERELY underachieving. I do not want to hear next year...or next gen. And most certainly do not compare anything in the EA series to NBA 2K11 or NFL 2K5...they are not in the same realm. NCAA 11 was the best college football game this gen because it has no competition...AP2K8 wipes the floor with it. NCAA 12 DOES feel like 11.5 because the commentary is a decade old, most of the intros this year were in last years game...RTG has virtually NO improvements and the Franchise Mode is the same. So no it is not that we are "never happy"...we just happen to know what real football plays like. When you play NBA 2K11...you can't just play it like a "game" on simulation mode...you must play NBA Basketball...in NCAA Football, there is little strategy involved. Teams don't utilize their strengths and take advantage of superior match-ups.

Yes I am glad EA got rid of suction blocking...so far as I can tell in the DEMO, but there are a TON of other gameplay elements missing and I'm tired of reading articles such as this one, dismissing the fact that EA has done next to nothing over the course of this gen. This article is most certainly written in a biased tone and is out to push an agenda.....mmmmm....the thought of that @OS.....smh. #EverybodyhasanOpinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #92
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I disagree with the writers....its not that "It's people like this that frustrate me the most"......are not knowledgeable of gameplay...they are just calling it like it is. NCAA is SEVERELY underachieving. I do not want to hear next year...or next gen. And most certainly do not compare anything in the EA series to NBA 2K11 or NFL 2K5...they are not in the same realm. NCAA 11 was the best college football game this gen because it has no competition...AP2K8 wipes the floor with it. NCAA 12 DOES feel like 11.5 because the commentary is a decade old, most of the intros this year were in last years game...RTG has virtually NO improvements and the Franchise Mode is the same. So no it is not that we are "never happy"...we just happen to know what real football plays like. When you play NBA 2K11...you can't just play it like a "game" on simulation mode...you must play NBA Basketball...in NCAA Football, there is little strategy involved. Teams don't utilize their strengths and take advantage of superior match-ups.

Yes I am glad EA got rid of suction blocking...so far as I can tell in the DEMO, but there are a TON of other gameplay elements missing and I'm tired of reading articles such as this one, dismissing the fact that EA has done next to nothing over the course of this gen. This article is most certainly written in a biased tone and is out to push an agenda.....mmmmm....the thought of that @OS.....smh. #EverybodyhasanOpinion
I too love APF 2k8, but no improvements in RTG and Franchise mode? I can understand saying that the gameplay/commentary seems nearly the same as last year, but a thought that coaching carousel was a fairly big improvement. Granted it seems pretty barebones (no coach ratings, can't pick your OC/DC, no position coaches), but people have been asking for it for years. In RTG the high school games and the coaches trust seem like pretty good improvements. I even can see complaining about Coaching carousel, but what more do you want out of RTG? I'm serious I'm very curious to hear what you think they could improve on.

Quickly, to clarify, you said no improvements. My rebuttal is that those additions (mostly the RTG stuff) seem like good improvements. I agreed with Jayson Young btw. I feel like the developments have been sluggish for a number of years, but I feel like they are finally turning the corner. I wish they would have added coach ratings though lol.

Last edited by BestServedCold; 07-02-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #93
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
I'm not trying to focus too much on the example I gave because obviously NCAA gets better each year. I'm just saying it is ok to praise something and point out the negatives at the same time. That's the main point of the example.

If you want to stick to the example, EA is the only receiver we have so if he's still doing something wrong we have to point it out, i.e. CPU TO A.I., no huddle too fast, etc. Fact is if it were not for the people who criticised the zone coverage being awful who knows if it would have been fixed. The CPU spread running game is still bad, there are still flaws along with the good.
You're right. I can agree with that.

But IMO that's not the same thing as the "this is the same game as last year" crowd. Especially when its not. There are some that are waiting to say that REGARDLESS.

Heck....I even point out things that can be added or improved in The Show. And its the best sports game out in my personal opinion (along with NBA 2K11).
Old 07-02-2011, 12:55 AM   #94
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood

Yes, you are not knowledgeable of the game. Is NCAA at the point where it should be? Probably not, but there have definitely been improvements since this gen started. NCAA 11 was the biggest jump in terms of gameplay this gen and so far NCAA 12 is the biggest jump in Dynasty and RTG this gen.

NCAA 12 is not that big of a jump gameplay wise from NCAA 11, but they're there and if you are saying you don't see them, well, that is because you are trying not to. NCAA 12 polished the gameplay from 11 and then added on to the career modes.

We've received a Coach Carousel, entire HS seasons, iron man football, coach's trust, new ways of using TeamBuilder in game, etc. in the RTG and Dynasty modes, yet you say they're untouched. That pretty much can be translated into you blindly putting the game down.

I get it, you don't like the NCAA series and probably not EA either. You love your 2k games, but don't sit here and continually say stuff that is completely false. It makes you look silly and you lose all credibility quick.

― Plato
Old 07-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #95
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I agree with Canes and BSC.

The retail version isn't even out in the streets and a few people are already calling out 11.5.

Try to put in the demo of 11 in and put in the demo of 12, and then come back and tell us it's 11.5.

Also, need to be careful on how one uses the agenda word, it could bite back at you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #96
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm happy that NCAA is finally moving their wheels and getting the franchise going. I hope that does continue. I also do enjoy the pre-game entrances and so forth--they obviously put work into them and they look good from what I've seen.

My only issues are 1) it feels like the game has been very slow to innovate and really achieve, and it still definitely is not at the level of other sports games (this could be due to resource limitations); and 2) much of what does get added to the game feels like icing on the proverbial cake. These entrances are the perfect example. They are great, but let's face it, they are fluff. The majority of our time is spent playing the game, not watching 30 second intros. For me personally, I don't enjoy eating a jar of icing, but some people do. I would rather they work on the cake, the actual substance of the game, before choosing to put the icing on.

That said, I would personally prefer to see heartier improvements to the game engine and the peripheral modes, as well as in-game presentation, before such extraneous things are really given a large part of the team's attention. But, there are casual fans to market to, and I think NCAA focuses a lot of its time in that direction. I don't hate them for it, it is a business like anything else. It is just my own personal feelings don't necessarily agree with everything that has been done.

Regardless of that, let's just hope that the NCAA continues to do good work and keeps improving the game we are all so passionate about. Cheers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »