Home

Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

This is a discussion on Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556
hey look , I am open to anything , you guys tell me which of the all american slider sets to try . Like I said earlier , I dont want to be able to take Ohio and beat Bama's brains in . So you guys tell me which one that i cant do that with. If ratings really matter I shouldnt be able to do that cause I am not that great with the stick
I can't really reccomend any sliders for NCAA 12 because the game just didn't seem to click for me no matter what i tried (CPU OPtion was terrible and deep ball was flawed) .

Then i said screw it and started playing the game in Coach Mode and all of a sudden it just flowed better. So for me personally this year Coach Mode was the best way to enjoy NCAA 12.

I use cparrish re-rated rosters for the regular teams and billysims classic rosters for old school football and let the cpu player ratings determine those outcomes.

For NCAA 13 I'm hoping EA will do something like NBA 2K does and provide a Base Slder set for SIMULATION Gameplay. Then i can just tweak from there but i doubt it because that is just not EA's style when it comes to releasing their sports games.

It's getting to the point for me personally where i just hate spending 2-3 months on creating sliders because i'd rather work on my own rosters during that time and just play the games.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #34
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Can someone point me to some sliders where the cpu wont throw 4 picks a game....

i have tried some difficult sliders where the cpu blows me out( i use BC religiously) but they always throw 4 picks, and its always the pick where the DB does the over shoulder pick when he is clearly beaten by 5 yds...

some sliders would be good or i will have to continue editing my DB's and LB's catching to 0....

thats the only way i dont end up with picks a game....

cover 2 man is an automatic pick....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
Can someone point me to some sliders where the cpu wont throw 4 picks a game....

i have tried some difficult sliders where the cpu blows me out( i use BC religiously) but they always throw 4 picks, and its always the pick where the DB does the over shoulder pick when he is clearly beaten by 5 yds...

some sliders would be good or i will have to continue editing my DB's and LB's catching to 0....

thats the only way i dont end up with picks a game....

cover 2 man is an automatic pick....
Here you go,everyone does what there supposed to do. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=529745

Last edited by imwhatzup; 05-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Damn, I didn't make the list. I actually streamed live video of each/most game I tested - not to mention commentary on slider adjustments.

Looking forward to 13 - let's hope it won't need so much tweaking.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I can't really reccomend any sliders for NCAA 12 because the game just didn't seem to click for me no matter what i tried (CPU OPtion was terrible and deep ball was flawed) .

Then i said screw it and started playing the game in Coach Mode and all of a sudden it just flowed better. So for me personally this year Coach Mode was the best way to enjoy NCAA 12.

I use cparrish re-rated rosters for the regular teams and billysims classic rosters for old school football and let the cpu player ratings determine those outcomes.

For NCAA 13 I'm hoping EA will do something like NBA 2K does and provide a Base Slder set for SIMULATION Gameplay. Then i can just tweak from there but i doubt it because that is just not EA's style when it comes to releasing their sports games.

It's getting to the point for me personally where i just hate spending 2-3 months on creating sliders because i'd rather work on my own rosters during that time and just play the games.
try jarrods black set , they will run the option down your throat , lol , or just start with his blue set , i promise you , you will see a big improvement in the cpu's option game , flexbone or spread , it doesnt matter , they run it well
Old 05-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556
try jarrods black set , they will run the option down your throat , lol , or just start with his blue set , i promise you , you will see a big improvement in the cpu's option game , flexbone or spread , it doesnt matter , they run it well
Anyone back this **** up? If so, I've been playing NCAA wrong for the past year...
Old 05-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riogho
Anyone back this **** up? If so, I've been playing NCAA wrong for the past year...
The level has nothing to do with the CPU AI Logic on the option play.

For example the CPU QB doesn't become more effecient on Heisman level running the option. He still doesn't know when to make the pitch half the time and when to tuck and run.

The game is flawed on all level's when it comes to this IMO.

It's the way EA programmed the Option and also the player ratings for OL, WR and RB's blocking is poor which is very important for option teams.

Heisman level doesn't help a WR's Run Block Footwork rating and it doesn't make the FB smarter in recognizing who to pick up.

They need to repogram the game and also make sure they have proper ratings for Option teams to be effective.

Sliders alone is just one of out of several steps that is needed IMO to make the CPU OPTION ATTACK work.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riogho
I've been killed by a few teams like Oregon(I had highlights but I think I erased them) and Georgia Tech with the option game.. That was something I was working hard on to get the CPU to challenge me with because it was terrible on the default settings.. Plug in my black or blue settings and you'll see a pretty good option attack from the CPU..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »