Home

Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

This is a discussion on Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #41
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I've been killed by a few teams like Oregon(I had highlights but I think I erased them) and Georgia Tech with the option game.. That was something I was working hard on to get the CPU to challenge me with because it was terrible on the default settings.. Plug in my black or blue settings and you'll see a pretty good option attack from the CPU..

i am going to try this black set right now.

i have seen you market these sliders soo much, i would really like to see you play on camera cmon man take some footage with your phone and upload it , no need to edit or have commentary or intros just some footage...

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i am going to try this black set right now.

i have seen you market these sliders soo much, i would really like to see you play on camera cmon man take some footage with your phone and upload it , no need to edit or have commentary or intros just some footage...
Haha! I might dust off the NCAA later on and do that.. I haven't played it in about a month. I been on Madden real tough but I'll record some highlights if I do and post it in my slider thread..
Old 05-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #43
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

ok so i played a game with the black set, iowa vs GT(cpu)

boi o boy i got hammered...

if you like ncaa in its default state these sliders can make the cpu into monsters, however the AI was still dumb as rocks, however when ever the game did execute a play correct with my edited rosters and 100 RB ability it was a beautiful thing

there were no tackles for loss, the cpu RB fought off tackles( i have edited RB attributes) nicely... lower ratings with whatever boosts from 100RB ability was nice BUT the game still lacks good logic,

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:

if you like ncaa in its default state these sliders can make the cpu into monsters, however the AI was still dumb as rocks, however when ever the game did execute a play correct with my edited rosters and 100 RB ability it was a beautiful thing

there were no tackles for loss, the cpu RB fought off tackles( i have edited RB attributes) nicely... lower ratings with whatever boosts from 100RB ability was nice BUT the game still lacks good logic,
Yeah I can't help there logic(I really hope it's improved for 13) but I worked hard on getting them to play with some kind of pulse where you have to actually take every game serious.. You'll still blow out terrible teams with good teams.. Like I said early I believed they program the game to where bad teams will play terrible regardless of what you do with the sliders but you still have to go into the game an execute.. You can't do any kind of slacking and expect to walk over teams. You'll definitely be in for a shock if you go into the game with that attitude using my sliders..
Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

You probably saw these already in another thread i created regarding CPU AI......

On these videos the RBA Slider is only at default 50 out of the box setting and the CPU RB's are using their moves on Varsity level not Heisman or AA.

This is how i know if EA really takes the time to rate players properly we can get a better game out of the box regardless of what level it's on.

If i can tweak CPU players to play this way on Varsity Level with Default RB slider there's no reason why EA can't program the game better to the get the same results.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/95110015

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/95108269

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/87405974

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/95111787

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20788016

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 12:10 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Still getting love all these years later. Thank you.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:17 AM   #47
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The level has nothing to do with the CPU AI Logic on the option play.

For example the CPU QB doesn't become more effecient on Heisman level running the option. He still doesn't know when to make the pitch half the time and when to tuck and run.

The game is flawed on all level's when it comes to this IMO.

It's the way EA programmed the Option and also the player ratings for OL, WR and RB's blocking is poor which is very important for option teams.

Heisman level doesn't help a WR's Run Block Footwork rating and it doesn't make the FB smarter in recognizing who to pick up.

They need to repogram the game and also make sure they have proper ratings for Option teams to be effective.

Sliders alone is just one of out of several steps that is needed IMO to make the CPU OPTION ATTACK work.
I think you nailed it on the head here. There are three steps to having the CPU run the option correctly of 1) re-rating the rosters and like you noted, specifically the offensive linemen and wide receivers, 2) a good solid set of sliders, and 3) the way the option is programmed into the game. Obviously we can only do anything with the first two and absolutely nothing about the third one.

As for re-rating rosters, I did it last year and it took forever since we don't have a global editor in the game. I will re-edit rosters this year again since I have a year under my belt and have a better understanding of how the ratings work, but how many rosters out there are taking the time to rate the players correctly when you have people complaining about John Doe's overall rating?

By tweaking sliders to make the option oriented teams actually dangerous in the game, you run the risk of making any team who runs a pro-style offense into an offensive behemoth because of everything you have to make up for in the lack of correct programming towards the CPU running the option. With really good sliders you can make teams like Oregon or Georgia Tech actually dangerous, but make teams like Stanford or Alabama impossible to defend.

As playmakers has stated, until the option game is fixed, there is only so much we can do; rosters or sliders, to make the option a weapon in the CPU's hands.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 05-31-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
I think you nailed it on the head here. There are three steps to having the CPU run the option correctly of 1) re-rating the rosters and like you noted, specifically the offensive linemen and wide receivers, 2) a good solid set of sliders, and 3) the way the option is programmed into the game. Obviously we can only do anything with the first two and absolutely nothing about the third one.

As for re-rating rosters, I did it last year and it took forever since we don't have a global editor in the game. I will re-edit rosters this year again since I have a year under my belt and have a better understanding of how the ratings work, but how many rosters out there are taking the time to rate the players correctly when you have people complaining about John Doe's overall rating?

By tweaking sliders to make the option oriented teams actually dangerous in the game, you run the risk of making any team who runs a pro-style offense into an offensive behemoth because of everything you have to make up for in the lack of correct programming towards the CPU running the option. With really good sliders you can make teams like Oregon or Georgia Tech actually dangerous, but make teams like Stanford or Alabama impossible to defend.

As playmakers has stated, until the option game is fixed, there is only so much we can do; rosters or sliders, to make the option a weapon in the CPU's hands.
That's not an option for us that play dynasty for several years. Unless you want to spend hours and hours editing players every year... I know I don't. So some of us are forced to never schedule an option team and that's a shame because the option is a thing of beauty when executed properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »