Home

Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

This is a discussion on Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
I've tried all these sliders and at the end of the day, the speed threshold at 0 makes the game a lot easier! Increase the speed threshold to about 65, and you are going to have to play a perfect game. Based on Oraeon's threshold testing, 65 gave the most realistic speed representation. Try any set with threshold at 65 and you won't be blowing the CPU out. I guarantee! As a matter of fact, I'm convinced that the speed threshold is the glue that holds EA games together.
Try my black set out on Heisman with the threshold at 0 and you won't be blowing out good teams.. You'll still blow out low rated teams if you are that good of a player but A-rated teams are tough to beat if you are the type of player who plays the game straight up with no cheesy tactics. Even the B-rated teams will give you a tough time sometimes..
Old 06-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #58
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Try my black set out on Heisman with the threshold at 0 and you won't be blowing out good teams.. You'll still blow out low rated teams if you are that good of a player but A-rated teams are tough to beat if you are the type of player who plays the game straight up with no cheesy tactics. Even the B-rated teams will give you a tough time sometimes..
I have tried your black set, they are very competitive. What I'm saying is you don't need to give the CPU such huge advantages in the sliders if you just up the speed threshold. Try your black set with speed threshold at 65, and report back your findings.

Last edited by jahswill; 06-03-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Adding words
Old 06-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I've tried all these sliders and at the end of the day, the speed threshold at 0 makes the game a lot easier! Increase the speed threshold to about 65, and you are going to have to play a perfect game. Based on Oraeon's threshold testing, 65 gave the most realistic speed representation. Try any set with threshold at 65 and you won't be blowing the CPU out. I guarantee! As a matter of fact, I'm convinced that the speed threshold is the glue that holds EA games together.
I think the speed threshold is only tied into the sliders as far player speed seperation on the field.

In terms of AI awareness, CPU play call logic and Team/Player tendencies the threshold sliders has no bearing on those things.

No matter how much we test sliders and go into practice mode to judge player speed over 40 yards the bottom line is EA has to step up their game on the field in order to capture the things outside of speed/player seperation that determines games.

They need to dig deeper into their own ratings and player/team tendencies otherwise IMO the sliders are becoming redundant in this series because all CPU teams will play the same no matter what on the field.

I've been stressing this for the last 3-4 years now....the basic 6-8 gameplay sliders they release every year with this series is played out now.

They need to add additional sliders that factor into both gameplay an team play much like like NBA 2K and MLB The Show.

Otherwise we only playing against the same CPU AI every single game and it doesn't matter if it's Michigan or Eastern Michigan the AI players will still all react and the do the same things.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
I have tried your black set, they are very competitive. What I'm saying is you don't need to give the CPU such huge advantages in the sliders if you just up the speed threshold. Try your black set with speed threshold at 65, and report back your findings.
I hear what you saying but I'm not a fan of making slower players become affective in running down faster players.. With how I have my sliders set up reaction and awareness plays a big factor in the CPU defenders pursuit angles and tackling when the USER is in open space.. Acceleration also plays a big factor in slower players walking down faster players in an angle or a 10 yard radius(and it has happen plenty of times) but if that faster player catches full speed he shouldn't be walked down by a player much slower then him and I believe that would happen alot with the threshold at 65.. I saw alot of that with the threshold at 50.. That's why I rather fix the AIs issues through sliders the best way I can so they can match up with my skill level..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 06-03-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #61
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I hear what you saying but I'm not a fan of making slower players become affective in running down faster players.. With how I have my sliders set up reaction and awareness plays a big factor in the CPU defenders pursuit angles and tackling when the USER is in open space.. Acceleration also plays a big factor in slower players walking down faster players in an angle or a 10 yard radius(and it has happen plenty of times) but if that faster player catches full speed he shouldn't be walked down by a player much slower then him and I believe that would happen alot with the threshold at 65.. I saw alot of that with the threshold at 50.. That's why I rather fix the AIs issues through sliders the best way I can so they can match up with my skill level..
I agree with what you and playmakers have stated. I'm simply saying if it's about making the CPU more competitive then the threshold will do it. I think your sliders are competitive but not necessarily realistic. I can win with them by the way, but I hate seeing very low rated linemen dominate more superior linemen. I played DE in college and I know the importance of having an advantage in the trenches. If the Oline doesn't block then the offense isnt going anywhere. If the Dline doesnt get off blocks then it's oing to be long day for the D. Superior teams have superior linemen. The skill positions are pretty even at smaller schools. It's the boys in the trenches that make the difference!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #62
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

I really think the reason SEC's sliders were so popular is that his Oline and Dline play was solid. A LB can run with a receiver for a decent amount of yards, but 0 threshold creates a unrealistic separation in my opinion. I've played with 0 threshold for the last 10 months. I just recently tried out Jistics theory of 65, along with Oreaon's speed testing. Higher threshold really makes the other ratings have a greater importance.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
I agree with what you and playmakers have stated. I'm simply saying if it's about making the CPU more competitive then the threshold will do it. I think your sliders are competitive but not necessarily realistic. I can win with them by the way, but I hate seeing very low rated linemen dominate more superior linemen. I played DE in college and I know the importance of having an advantage in the trenches. If the Oline doesn't block then the offense isnt going anywhere. If the Dline doesnt get off blocks then it's oing to be long day for the D. Superior teams have superior linemen. The skill positions are pretty even at smaller schools. It's the boys in the trenches that make the difference!
Some areas you have to give the CPU a boost just for them to be competitive(For me)... There's just too many flaws on the game. The Oline and Dline interaction is just bad along with the CPUs pass blocking being a little overpowered on Heisman but I was still leading the country with sacks by a WIDE margin so I had to raise the CPUs pass block like that just to tone down the stupid sacks the AI gives up because those dumb sacks killed alot of drives for them. If I had the pass blocking any lower just to make the battle in the trenches look a little better I would continue to easily win all the time which is boring for me so I rather get the stats corrected. The threshold wouldn't stop the dumb sacks the AI gives up..

But like I said earliar I see slower LBs make plays in space against faster players all the time with the threshold at 0.. Acceleration, and awareness plays a big part in that combined with how I have my sliders set up with the rush defense and tackling...
Old 06-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #64
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
how do you assign them a playbook, i have been trying but it always show up as default in play now games...

thx
You need to use two controllers

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »