Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #177
Rookie

GuideMe1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

For me, I thought that the latest/previous videos on 13 are not overwhelming, but they certainly are promising. The game won't be perfect (bcuz no game is) but the videos do point towards gameplay being improved & more realistic. I really hope that EA just takes out the Defensive/Offensive Adjustments feature...Pass/Run Committing, Auto ball stripping, and jumping snap counts is absolutely gimmicky & belongs on NFL Blitz. Though its not mentioned alot, that feature alone, has lead to quite a bit of NCAA disgust! I stopped playing in the lobby bcuz of it, & banned the use of it in my OD. EA would NEVER put that on Madden!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #178
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New Gameplay Video Maryland @ Michigan (5/24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I don't like that last pass play (throwing a WR open). The route was supposed to be a Go route, yet the QB throws a corner route to the sideline. How would the WR know the ball was going to be on him that quickly, and how would he just immediately react to that type of change?

To me, that's not realistic and is a play that can be exploited. I'm all for throwing guys open, but it should be part of the designed route combination. You can't call a Go pattern and then decide to throw a slant or corner route and expect the WR to react to that. Throwing a WR open, to me, means you throw the ball before they are open and lead them to a certain spot.

I also didn't like how on the Option Read play that the DE crashed in (that was good), but never changed direction once it was established that the QB had the ball. He should've peeled back and tried to go after the QB instead of just continuing to chase after the RB.
whats funny is when they said 'leading a player to space' and then showed the play art, i was sure Robinson was throwing to the post route guy on the left, because thats where leading the receiver is needed most. But instead he just inaccurately throws to a guy on a go route.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #179
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: New Gameplay Video Maryland @ Michigan (5/24)

After watching again. I think they need to just slow the animations down a little. The animations look good, but they aren't "blended" together as nicely as they could be. The DB back peddles then quickly turns to run with the WR. There is nothing wrong with it, it looks correct and there is no sliding or anything, but he should be a little slower in that transition. He goes from back peddling to full sprint instantly. There just needs to be that slower transition to get to that sprint. I want to see players try and gain speed.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #180
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
For sake of conversation, what do you think will change from that version and the final build? Sir, if you think something drastically will change from that video you may want to lower the expectations. If you liked what you saw in that video, you will like NCAA '13 because thats it. I don't expect to see too many game changing things this late in the game.

And if this is an old build, why not label it an old build? Or why not show this video when its still the "newest" build?
I am not expecting too much, many times I have said I am excited along with 57% of the people according to the latest poll. I am not nitpicking every little thing I see in the video due to the fact games do play different in person then through video. Maybe it seems the same, maybe it is, but you have no idea until you play the game yourself. Until you play a few full games or heck even a full game, you can not declare its the same thing. MLB the show 12 3 min videos will look like mlb the show 11 videos UNTIL you actually play, then you see how beautiful the ball physics are.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #181
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
I am not expecting too much, many times I have said I am excited along with 57% of the people according to the latest poll. I am not nitpicking every little thing I see in the video due to the fact games do play different in person then through video. Maybe it seems the same, maybe it is, but you have no idea until you play the game yourself. Until you play a few full games or heck even a full game, you can not declare its the same thing. MLB the show 12 3 min videos will look like mlb the show 11 videos UNTIL you actually play, then you see how beautiful the ball physics are.
Technically 68% are excited in the poll if you count the top two categories (that percentage has been rising over the past few days) and you just have to deal with that fact that some people just will never be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #182
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Its possible that these quick clips have been planned for weeks. That's why they are a WIP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #183
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Its possible that these quick clips have been planned for weeks. That's why they are a WIP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I am sure they were planned way ahead of time because they plan out what info they want to give and when they want to announce it. Technically anything is a WIP no matter what they show us and when they show us since the game is still being worked on.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #184
Banned

OVR: 0
EA IS GARBAGE

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »