Home

I'm sick of the computer cheating

This is a discussion on I'm sick of the computer cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #9
Rookie

pdandi1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I'm sick of the computer cheating

The hate of this game is getting a little out of hand. The computer doesn't "cheat" I mean come on, its the hardest difficulty of course its gonna be a little difficult

My suggestion is in your Online Dynasty is to change some sliders around to make things more even. I know its frustrating when the computer can seem to come back with 3 minutes left, but that's the challenge in the game. I love it personally. I don't think the game cheats. If it was doing this stuff on varsity, then we have a problem, but if you play on Heisman, its going to push you and cause you to have problems.

Just my $.02
Old 07-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhurricane266
This is one of the reasons I don't mess with heisman. I'd reccomend playing on all American and getting a great set of sliders. Base heisman is usually full of all of that bs. Back when I was younger I'd deal with it so If any one asked or wanted it play I'd be like yeah put it on heisman but I'm in the business of enjoyment when I play games so I'll put the game on whatever difficulty I enjoy most. I see your in an online dynasty though so it won't fix that problem
Yeah I'm thinking about asking them to change it. My other OD is on all American with adjusted sliders... We have done that the past 4 years and it plays much better.

I hope they don't have a problem with. Some of them have been getting murdered by the computer.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

The broken tackles upset me to no end.

Also the Linebackers with Jordan verticals and hang time.

DBs who mirror routes.

WRs who are wide open that slow down and let the ball go right past.

ONSIDE KICKS in close games. The CPU is 8/10 with me on those.

Robo QB has now been joined by Robo HB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

You guys haven't been playing NCAA very long, have you? This stuff has happened back to AT LEAST the PS2 days.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandi1
The hate of this game is getting a little out of hand. The computer doesn't "cheat" I mean come on, its the hardest difficulty of course its gonna be a little difficult

My suggestion is in your Online Dynasty is to change some sliders around to make things more even. I know its frustrating when the computer can seem to come back with 3 minutes left, but that's the challenge in the game. I love it personally. I don't think the game cheats. If it was doing this stuff on varsity, then we have a problem, but if you play on Heisman, its going to push you and cause you to have problems.

Just my $.02
There is a difference between the computer playing well and the computer forcing my players to be stupid. My blockers should at least attempt to block someone. Not stand there and watch the RB get tackled.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Smh.

So I'm supposed to be okay with the AI cheating cause its happened for years? Gotcha.

I'm supposed to adjust sliders to make a game better that's supposed to finished out of the box. Gotcha.

I'm okay with losing fair and square no matter the difficulty. If I'm throwing into double coverage or forgetting to protect the ball, that's on me.

But making the ai break 10 tackles on a 80 yard run. Or a DB decide to stare off into space for no reason is another issue.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13

If the computer didn't cheat I'd go 14-0 every season and never lose a game...I'd rather be frustrated and lose 1-3 games a season then just rick roll every team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #16
Banned

LastChanceAvalanche's Arena

Read and React = Read what play I selected and Intercept the ball

I agree, there are times when I throw the ball and I wasn't thinking and I get intercepted. That's fine. That's a poor decision and it's on me.

But when I lob the ball over the MLB and it floats right into his hands, that's when I get frustrated.

I've looked at replays of me trying to lob the ball over defenders and watching the ball change it's natural trajectory so that it will go to the defender instead. If there's a way i can post replay videos let me know because I would love to show what i've found in this game

I agree that this game is catching a lot of heat, basically for not being an absolutely perfect game. but I will say that some of the hate is merited.

the computer DOES cheat, and EA needs to fix this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »