Home

Playoff option

This is a discussion on Playoff option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Playoff option

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
The series use to have that option and it was taken out, sure details aren't finalized, but we have the format down

This is the one option I am waiting to hear about, if we can have a playoff, I'll get the game, if not I'm waiting till next year....I will have a hard time getting engaged into a dynasty after year one when I know it isn't close to correct post season
I'm with you ...why buy the game for one year of crappy bsc?

Ill stick with the NCAA game I already have until next year if the playoff option is not in the game and save some money
Old 04-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyJackRanga
EA quotes, "If it's in the game", so they had better include this option.
Except they haven't used the full "If it's in the game, it's in the game" in years. Now it's just "EA Sports: It's in the game," which doesn't really mean or suggesting anything.

Chances this gets in are slim to none, imo.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #19
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

I mean it would make sense for them to add it in there and fix it up next year and re-sell it again next year by adding more than a 4 team playoff. I think that would be a great marketing move on their part. But then again with the way they've been running things I'm not going to bet on it.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack23011
I mean it would make sense for them to add it in there and fix it up next year and re-sell it again next year by adding more than a 4 team playoff. I think that would be a great marketing move on their part. But then again with the way they've been running things I'm not going to bet on it.
I hoping in that as well, and with the sales of college football going down every year. You would think they would give as many options and fact sheet stuffers to up the sales... We shall see
Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #21
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I always wonder if the playoffs were taken out of the older games because of wishes by the NCAA. I honestly didn't care so much about realism when those years were out as I was a teenager or younger. Now when realism matters more to me I just wonder how much is dictated by the NCAA for the game.

I wonder if there is no suspensions and discipline anymore, no playoffs, and a few other things because they NCAA says no.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I always wonder if the playoffs were taken out of the older games because of wishes by the NCAA. I honestly didn't care so much about realism when those years were out as I was a teenager or younger. Now when realism matters more to me I just wonder how much is dictated by the NCAA for the game.

I wonder if there is no suspensions and discipline anymore, no playoffs, and a few other things because they NCAA says no.
I am almost 100% that NCAA told ea to take out discipline. I do know they told them to remove rushing the field
Old 04-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #23
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

If I remember correctly, it was EA's licensing agreement with the BCS that resulted in taking the playoff out of the game. 1999 and 2001 (and I assume 2000) had an option for a playoff at the end of each season in dynasty mode, but it was taken out afterwards.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
I am almost 100% that NCAA told ea to take out discipline. I do know they told them to remove rushing the field
What? They used to have rushing the field?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »