Home

Playoff option

This is a discussion on Playoff option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Playoff option

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
it would be stupid to keep a playoff out simply because all the details havent been hashed out. super bowl sites arent contracted out 10 years in advance are they? yet you still can have a 10 year dynasty/ccm right? the only legit reason to not having it in the game is the ncaa saying they cant. problem is thats bs on the ncaa's part. or the conference commissioners or whomever.

we know the basic details that are actually important, the only problem is going to be coming up with a formula for a "committee". that problem would likely be the same going into ncaa 15 where they would have to have the playoff in the game.
Actually the formula could be real simple for the game ...have a top 25 poll , top 4 teams at end of season go to playoffs, again it doesn't have to be perfect as they will probably have another game next year, to get it exactly right, but for those of us that love dynasty a top 25 poll ;top 4 go to playoff would be more realistic than playing the bcs in year 2016
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11

Well looks like I will be saving some money . Unbelievable .... No playoff option for essentially what makes a one year dynasty video game. Smdh
Old 04-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #51
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
Not really, for the past three years college football sales have decreased year by year. Putting in things like the playoff option could help increase sales
Most people dont complete more than one year of a dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #52
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Really? Seems kind of odd to me.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #53
Rookie

Jeremy.Horne.SC's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What makes you say that? I go at least 5-7 seasons before I start considering a new dynasty. Know quite a few people who do the same.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #54
Rookie

TuscanSota's Arena

OVR: 2

(I'm going off information that I've read about recently. May be somewhat accurate, but unsure)

Realistically, I think adding the playoffs to Dynasty mode in the game will take a lot more effort than we think, because you would be basically rehauling the way dynasty is ran. YES, EA has the resources to put this in the game, but I doubt that they had the information about the playoffs, before any of us did, in time to make it accurate and realistic in the game.

How long have we had the new information on which bowls we're going to be implemented for the semifinal rounds? Its obvious that the Rose bowl, Sugar bowl, and Orange bowl we're going into the mix; but it wasn't determined if the Fiesta bowl, Cotton Bowl, or the Chick-Fil-A [Peach] bowl we're going to be in the rotation. Along with that, we didn't know the locations as well!

YES, we do know more information now about the rotation and the location of the playoffs for the first year of the system; but time-wise, I don't think EA has enough time to overhaul dynasty mode to a playoff system, to activate after one year of play in the BCS system. If they end up putting in a playoff mode into Dynasty Mode at this point in the game's development, I think I would be impressed.

TD;LR (or to summarize)- If EA had the information on the playoffs earlier in the game's development phase, the playoff system would have been added. Since they are in the same boat as us, in concern with how often we are getting information on the College Football Playoffs, I don't think they would meet the game release deadline, to add the playoffs after 1 full BCS season in Dynasty mode.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 1

Where in the world are people getting that the NCAA cares whether they put a playoff in or not? It's the new 'left off because of disk-space' excuse. Has EA came out and said that?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #56
NCAA Football 13 Technical Director

OVR: 3

There won't be a playoff in NCAA14:
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/04...st-season-play

Even now, the NCAA hasn't finalized the format of the playoffs. If it was added now, it would be purely speculative.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »