Home

Playoff option

This is a discussion on Playoff option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 05:08 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
100% bet it is not in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #26
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Playoff option

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormisbruin
What? They used to have rushing the field?
It never made it into the final build.
There was a beta version with it in there and when the NCAA saw it they made them take it out before the game hit the shelves.

They also made them take out the discipline feature as well, because it gave the NCAA and its athletes a "black eye"
Old 04-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #27
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

I highly doubt that it will be in the game, but I really wish it would be. It would make online dynasties much more authentic and exciting. With there often being multiple talented and possibly undefeated users in online dynasties, the 4 team playoff option would be a great way to crown a true champion.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #28
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
I hoping in that as well, and with the sales of college football going down every year. You would think they would give as many options and fact sheet stuffers to up the sales... We shall see
Exactly. Something as simple as that could def increase sales.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

Just read up on the playoff format for next year. All they need is to eliminate one more place and they're basically set. Since we have some NFL stadiums in the game why not add them in there for the championship games. Just rotate it in. Anyways I'm sure NCAA told them no to add it in there because the BCS would sue the NCAA and EA for using them in the game for unknown reasons because the BCS is incapable of getting anything right.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #30
Rookie

erod328's Arena

OVR: 2

Although I doubt the playoff would be in this year, including it would serve how some fans react to the system playing out in a video game. Hell, maybe EA could use it as research to try and prepare for the inevitable argument of a deserving team getting left out of the playoff.

But let's be honest with ourselves, the NCAA is not going to let EA put the playoff in their game until they absolutely have to.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod328
Although I doubt the playoff would be in this year, including it would serve how some fans react to the system playing out in a video game. Hell, maybe EA could use it as research to try and prepare for the inevitable argument of a deserving team getting left out of the playoff.

But let's be honest with ourselves, the NCAA is not going to let EA put the playoff in their game until they absolutely have to.
They let us make insanely unrealistic conferences and bowl tie ins that to me it just doesn't fly on why one year out and a dynasty that can go on for years you would put some type of playoff option or custom playoff in the game
Old 04-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #32
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm not so sure it's the NCAA telling EA they can't have one or the other. It has to be the BCS. The NCAA has no say over the BCS and it's actually the BCS committee putting the playoff format together that starts next season. I think it has a chance to be included for that reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »