Home

Best PS2 year?

This is a discussion on Best PS2 year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Best PS2 year?

One thing that killed me about going back to NCAA 2004 was the lack of rotating conference schedules. As someone who exclusively plays dynasty mode, that was pretty much a gamekiller for me. The 55-man rosters were unfortunate, too.

NCAA 2005 and onward all have rotating conference schedules.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 12

One thing I liked about 06 was the tackling mini-game, sometimes when you run you'll get locked up with a defender and have to tap X fast and whoever wins that mini-game will either break the tackle or tackle the RB to the ground. That was awesome. sometimes you just get locked in that tackling struggle and wait for another guy to come in. 06 is really an amazing game. Awesome rosters too.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

So do you guys just ignore the qb sim stats when you play dynasty in 06? Just wondering because it tends to bother me when I play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #52
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
One thing I liked about 06 was the tackling mini-game, sometimes when you run you'll get locked up with a defender and have to tap X fast and whoever wins that mini-game will either break the tackle or tackle the RB to the ground. That was awesome. sometimes you just get locked in that tackling struggle and wait for another guy to come in. 06 is really an amazing game. Awesome rosters too.
I loved that feature as well.

I just wanted to get a feel for what you guys prefer between 06 and 09?
06 was always my favorite, but one thing i noticed was 06 did not have the trigger jukes. I thought the trigger jukes added a whole different level of control. It was so fun to combo trigger jukes with stick jukes. 09 had that feature, still had the historic rosters (i noticed 11 on ps2 did not).

The reason I'm trying to figure this out it because I plan on doing a very detailed Historic roster on one of the two games. I noticed a few guys said 09 had very good gameplay without issues like 07,08,10,11 did. If anyone can provide some input one what game is better from a gameplay standpoint I would appreciate it.

06- best presentation, better roster year.
09- Trigger jukes, No Deep ball issue?
Old 10-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 0

I never played 09. I did play 10 and 11, but they both seemed like backwards ports in the worst way.

I dig 06, but 07 will always be my favorite because it was the first one I played. The major things 06 has over 07 for me is that the USC-ND game didn't disappear after the first season and there was a hurdle button. 07 had more expansive playbooks for one thing. I love that game. I haven't played it in some time since my PS2 died (I bought a new casing on account of having to replace the disc rotator wheel, and it never quite worked right on the reassemble) and I'm waiting until the P4 drops to buy a new one (I figure the price will have to nose dive under $150).

The momentum meter on 07 is a pain in the ***, but I just have so much love for that game. I still have a dynasty saved where I'm like 18 years in. Built Temple into an ACC power, lost a national title (in overtime to Tennessee on a bull**** fumble that caused me to redo my sliders), won a national title (over Ohio State), moved to USC and have played in the Rose Bowl nearly every year. Before that, I had a dynasty where I kicked *** with SDSU and then moved to Bama. And another where I kicked *** with UNLV (Rocky Hinds FTW) and then moved to Mississippi State.

06 is definitely an awesome game, but 07 will always have my heart. lol.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 3

07 was the last year of any game play additions or improvements. 08 on were graphicall and roster updates.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #55
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Is it possible to update the 07 rosters to reflect 14? Easy way may be to export rosters to CSV in an Online Dynasty, if that is still possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
07 was the last year of any game play additions or improvements. 08 on were graphicall and roster updates.
08 had significant gameplay additions and new features that 07 didn't have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »