Home

Draft, Transfer, W editor help

This is a discussion on Draft, Transfer, W editor help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2019, 12:50 PM   #25
Rookie

sithberg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Draft, Transfer, W editor help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchamp
Actually i have figured out the transfer process, but all transfers will have to set out a year. Is there any way around this using the db editor that way transferred players can play immediately? Thanks
I think I just figured this out. Once you get to the start of the next season (I think it will work during preseason) go back into Unknowns, TRAN tab and set TRYR (transfer year) to 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2020, 10:01 AM   #26
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkpride04
IN the offseason save it at the screen after coaching changes before u advance the week put it in the editor and make the changes u want

its in the unknwn tab located under the tran sub tab

I made the changes for transfers but the players are not showing up in PLSS tab or Trans Tab. What could I be doing wrong?
Old 01-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #27
Rookie

big09's Arena

Thought I had it figured out but I cannot find where to input the team they are going to?
Old 01-27-2020, 10:15 AM   #28
Rookie

big09's Arena

So I can get transfers to go to a school of my choosing if they have already decided to transfer, but not if I choose to have them transfer. Also if you change the number from 0 to 1 then they do not have to sit out a year with their new team.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:20 PM   #29
Just started!

Sorry to hijack the thread but I recently ordered this game online and it will be arriving in about a week. I would like to realign the conferences - likely to 2 tiers with promotion/relegation. I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to answer. I'd like to finalize my plans by the time the game arrives . I don't want to use any third party programs so just want to make sure that I can achieve my aims using the in-game editor or whatever. Just like to make a few small changes that have no chance of messing the save up.

1) Can I change the number of teams in a conference? Like adding 4 teams to the Big 12 or removing teams from Ind?

2) I see people talk about "protected rivalries". Can anyone explain what they are? I assume you can change teams' rivals in game?

3) Can anyone foresee problems I might have with bowl games or whatever with 5 stronger conferences and 6 weaker?

4) Anything else a newb should know before making any edits to the game?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-10-2020, 02:32 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuullddoogg27
Sorry to hijack the thread but I recently ordered this game online and it will be arriving in about a week. I would like to realign the conferences - likely to 2 tiers with promotion/relegation. I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to answer. I'd like to finalize my plans by the time the game arrives . I don't want to use any third party programs so just want to make sure that I can achieve my aims using the in-game editor or whatever. Just like to make a few small changes that have no chance of messing the save up.

1) Can I change the number of teams in a conference? Like adding 4 teams to the Big 12 or removing teams from Ind?

You can do this in the game. In fact, you should. I believe there are several elements in the Conference aspect of the game that are hard-coded, such as a conference must have at least 12 teams to have a conference championship game. Even when you configure the data tables to conduct a CCG, it is ignored.

A Conference must have at least 4 teams and cannot exceed 16. You must have at least 1 Independent.

Quote:
2) I see people talk about "protected rivalries". Can anyone explain what they are? I assume you can change teams' rivals in game?

No. You can change their cross-division rivalries. Assuming your handle means UGA or Mississippi State, UGA's protected rival is Auburn and Mississippi State's is Kentucky.

Quote:
3) Can anyone foresee problems I might have with bowl games or whatever with 5 stronger conferences and 6 weaker?

There are 10 conferences in 14. Independent is not a conference. They aren't scheduled to play each other and don't have bowl designations.

Quote:
4) Anything else a newb should know before making any edits to the game?

Thanks!!!

If you are staying within the game, editing is fool proof. An external editor? Make a copy of your file before you do anything. I have a directory named "Original" on the flash drive I copy my game data to and I copy the files to that before I copy them to my computer for editing.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:16 PM   #31
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
snip
Please don't hijack unrelated threads to ask your question. If you had used the 'search' feature you would have seen that there are multiple 'Conference realignment' threads in which you could have asked this question. I'm only going to leave your post because someone already answered your question

With that, back on topic

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2020, 01:06 AM   #32
Rookie

Did anybody ever figure this out?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »