Home

Dirty Disc Errors

This is a discussion on Dirty Disc Errors within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Dirty Disc Errors

Are these dirty disc errors or just game freezes, where the game just completely freezes up and you dont get an error message?

Mine started freezing on me the day after I got it, I took out the disc and it had been scratched up, in a ring of scratches now appeared on it when I put it under a lamp and inspected closely. So I took it back and got a new disc, within 3 hours that one began to freeze, so I took out the disc, which was in perfect condition before playing, it now had the same scratches on it. So I figured that this was a problem with my Xbox, so I called and they told me to send it in, its been 2 weeks now and I figure I have another 4 weeks to go I guess. I did have the Xbox always flat on the ground, which the Gamestop guy told me was a no-no, because he said that the "game runs really hot" whatever that means, that you have to elevate your Xbox off the ground. I never got a chance to try though b/c I got a new copy of the game and didnt want to waste yet another as the box to ship off my 360 was already on its way. So now Im kind of wondering if I just wasted 100 bucks on trying to get my 360 fixed, the guy told me to try other games, but I dont play 360 nearly as much I used to play my old Xbox, so I only have 2 other games for it and I dont want to have to replace either of them.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #74
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdtarheeler
Are these dirty disc errors or just game freezes, where the game just completely freezes up and you dont get an error message?

Mine started freezing on me the day after I got it, I took out the disc and it had been scratched up, in a ring of scratches now appeared on it when I put it under a lamp and inspected closely. So I took it back and got a new disc, within 3 hours that one began to freeze, so I took out the disc, which was in perfect condition before playing, it now had the same scratches on it. So I figured that this was a problem with my Xbox, so I called and they told me to send it in, its been 2 weeks now and I figure I have another 4 weeks to go I guess. I did have the Xbox always flat on the ground, which the Gamestop guy told me was a no-no, because he said that the "game runs really hot" whatever that means, that you have to elevate your Xbox off the ground. I never got a chance to try though b/c I got a new copy of the game and didnt want to waste yet another as the box to ship off my 360 was already on its way. So now Im kind of wondering if I just wasted 100 bucks on trying to get my 360 fixed, the guy told me to try other games, but I dont play 360 nearly as much I used to play my old Xbox, so I only have 2 other games for it and I dont want to have to replace either of them.

What does elevating the xbox mean? I dont have mine on the floor, I have mine in an entertainment center. The front glass stays open. But it sits on top of a DVD player that rarely gets used? Is that ok. Like I said before I got my 1st DDE 3 days ago, so can someone tell me if the Xbox 360 being in an entertainment system is bad? and also what does elevate your system mean?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
What does elevating the xbox mean? I dont have mine on the floor, I have mine in an entertainment center. The front glass stays open. But it sits on top of a DVD player that rarely gets used? Is that ok. Like I said before I got my 1st DDE 3 days ago, so can someone tell me if the Xbox 360 being in an entertainment system is bad? and also what does elevate your system mean?
You definitely need to get it off that DVD player. That's bad to stack electronics, they feed each other heat. I guess you could leave it on there if the DVD player is completely unplugged or off though if you have no other option. As for getting it elevated, what that means is you should not just have it sitting on something, it needs air flowing all around it. Get yourself 4 erasers at an office supply store and put each eraser at the corner of the 360 to elevate it. Or those little yellow notepads work too, just be sure they are all brand new so they are the exact same height.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #76
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You definitely need to get it off that DVD player. That's bad to stack electronics, they feed each other heat. I guess you could leave it on there if the DVD player is completely unplugged or off though if you have no other option. As for getting it elevated, what that means is you should not just have it sitting on something, it needs air flowing all around it. Get yourself 4 erasers at an office supply store and put each eraser at the corner of the 360 to elevate it. Or those little yellow notepads work too, just be sure they are all brand new so they are the exact same height.
Thanks ODogg ill try those things. What about a Tivo on the bottom shelf, not really near the xbox but in the same entertainment center.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:37 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Thanks ODogg ill try those things. What about a Tivo on the bottom shelf, not really near the xbox but in the same entertainment center.
so long as you don't have it in a glass case like where free air isn't moving around then I wouldn't think that'd be any problem

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 08-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #78
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
so long as you don't have it in a glass case like where free air isn't moving around then I wouldn't think that'd be any problem
Good deal thanks.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:48 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 12

Well I dunno if NCAA 08 is a 360 killer, but the one time I popped it into my 360 my 360 gave me the RROD 15 seconds into my NCAA '08 career.

So now I'm 360less. . And NCAA 08-less.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidGaminMachine476
Well I dunno if NCAA 08 is a 360 killer, but the one time I popped it into my 360 my 360 gave me the RROD 15 seconds into my NCAA '08 career.

So now I'm 360less. . And NCAA 08-less.
Does the sun rise in the morning because a rooster crows? Heh, NCAA isn't a 360 killer. It is quite possible however that something in the programming is revealing a pre-existing condition in the 360 that would have been discovered eventually anyways.

Sorry to hear about your 360 btw. That really sucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »