Home

Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

This is a discussion on Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
IMO that last scamble/pass highlight was perfectly legit. If you're going to call that cheese you're going to call everythiing cheese. That was hardly an unstoppable play. He made a nice move out of the pocket. The defense had some bad breaks which he exploited, but not unfairly so. It wasn't any more cheesy than that 74-yard counter run by Stanford.
Like I said, he didn't get booted for that one play. It was for him arguing about all sorts of stuff. The dropping back 20 yards was more of a problem than that play. I'll admit it, I didn't pay it that much attention when I first saw it and yeah, that play wasn't that big of a deal. I wasn't really even mad after that play and hearing about everything. I was just intending to send him a warning to watch it but then he started arguing and telling me that he's going to scramble if there is any sort of opening at all. I just got tired of it frankly.

lhinds I've never quit a dyn. I'm in 5. I've been in all of them for a long time and have lost my fair share of games by lame incidents. In my dynasty with Western Kentucky, my team was all C-, I played Georgia who was all B+. I scored with 2 seconds left to go down 1 (had lots of dropped INTs and a few errant throws straight to his guys for INTs to keep him ahead). I decided to go for 2 to win. I call the perfect play, my guy is wide open on a pick play going to the corner of the end zone, my QB overthrows him by like 4 yards on a 3 yard pass and I lose. I didn't rage quit. Did I fall to my knees and yell NOOOOO? Yes. Did I rage quit? No. Next year I play him again, I'm up 24-7 nearing the 4th. My starting RB and QB get hurt. My backup QB can not run designed runs like my starter so that takes out some of my offense and he is like a 71 accuracy. He throws 5 picks (two were getting hit while throwing and it flopping completely to the opposite side of the field from where I was throwing to the DT who runs it back for a TD and 3 were errant throws straight to his safety) and the guy comes back and wins like 35-24. Do I quit? No. I'm not like that. As I said, It's a culmination of the dropping back a long ways, the scrambling and just the way he described it and argued for 2 days that got him the boot. I've only booted maybe 3 people out of my dynasty in 2 years (2 titles).

Anyway, Gator and I apologized and squashed it all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #42
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

I'm not saying that you quit. But when something doesn't go your way, or the way you wanted it to go, it sounds as if you just kick that person out. You saw Gator as a threat to your dynasty. The way I see it, if you can't stop someone on either side of the ball, change something up. If I get 5+ yards on a running play, guess what? I'm gonna keep running it until you stop it. That's just common sense football. If your QB gets hurt, run the ball more with the HB and FB and play conservative.

tl;dr IMO "sim" dynasties are dumb. It's a video game. People who complain about this game not being like real life are no better than people who complain about getting killed in some "cheese" way on Call of Duty
Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #43
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinds7
I'm not saying that you quit. But when something doesn't go your way, or the way you wanted it to go, it sounds as if you just kick that person out. You saw Gator as a threat to your dynasty. The way I see it, if you can't stop someone on either side of the ball, change something up. If I get 5+ yards on a running play, guess what? I'm gonna keep running it until you stop it. That's just common sense football. If your QB gets hurt, run the ball more with the HB and FB and play conservative.

tl;dr IMO "sim" dynasties are dumb. It's a video game. People who complain about this game not being like real life are no better than people who complain about getting killed in some "cheese" way on Call of Duty

I knew I would get support from the users on here... It's like I was supposed to downgrade my play just because he refused to try and stop it. It wasn't like I was running a cheap play that confused the AI I was just running what was working because of the way he was playing...

And the guy ran that counter play more than once but I didn't go and cry to the commish about it, I simply ran through my Defense playbook and try to stop it.

And commish you didn't give me a direct warning at all. You just wanted to call me a cheese that couldn't win with a normal Qb. You expect people to just let you call me them wrong and not defend there self. I wasn't just gonna let you call me wrong and then bow down to you on the dynasty... You didn't even say one thing I said was right all you ever said was how i was wrong. I have the messages to prove it to..

As you can see most of OP users have my back on this one :-)
Old 03-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #44
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

Alfa definitely seems like the type of control freak described in this thread. So because it isn't "sim" in your eyes that is grounds to boot Gator? As others have said the other user ran an ace counter, one of the easiest plays in the game yet no mention of that by the commish. More often than not when someone starts a "sim" dynasty and try to dictate what other users do it never works. The only thing I have a problem with is when someone will come out in shotgun, snap the ball and sprint 20 yards backwards to avoid the rush. That and coming out with 5wrs running fade patterns then running with the qb due to the cbs being dropped back into coverage. Alfa if the only thing that mattered to you was the opinion of you dynasty mates then why did you come onto OS and attempt to defend your irrational actions? Gator you're better off not being in that league.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #45
Rookie

darkkmano Did you ignore the part that I stated about 20 times that said he didn't get booted for not being sim, he got booted for continuing to argue. He just kept repeating himself when I'd address his issue. Gator, yes I did warn you. I said to watch the dropping back 20 yards and excessive scrambling because it was a sim dyn and that's not allowed. You started saying if there is a hole, you're going to run and this and that and then started passively insulting me. That is when I started calling you cheese. Shortly after passively insulting me is when you got the boot. No I don't think ace counter is cheese because I can stop it with relative ease 4 out of 5 times. Plus, ace counters are ran in real life. As I stated dark, he was dropping back 20 yards to avoid the rush on occasion. That was quite a big part of the argument but he never addresses it, he always switches it back to running through a hole the DEs leave. Apparently my continuous comments about him dropping back 20 yards have fallen on his AND your deaf ears.

The only thing that matters with my dynasty rules are my dynasty mates but when he's on here only telling half the story and dissing me, I kind of feel like defending myself and telling the rest of the story which is him also dropping back 20 yards and not getting kicked because of cheese but for insulting me and dragging on a needless argument.

Last edited by AlfaRomeo164; 03-15-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #46
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

I don't care what you cry about the 20 yards drop back. I don't even think a full on cheeser would do that..

1. Already in shotgun 5 yards back
2. You say I I dropped back 20 (Or you heard) That's 25 yards
3. Passing icons disappear after so many yards
4. Stanford user blitzed almost ever play in the first 1/2 so that's 2 extra LB's in my face
5. My Qb has average THW ACC.
6. I would be throwing off my back foot sense he had 2 LB's running full speed at me most of the time.

I could go on and on.. Your story don't check out. And the counter is a easy play I don't care what you say..
Old 03-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #47
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkmano
Alfa definitely seems like the type of control freak described in this thread. So because it isn't "sim" in your eyes that is grounds to boot Gator? As others have said the other user ran an ace counter, one of the easiest plays in the game yet no mention of that by the commish. More often than not when someone starts a "sim" dynasty and try to dictate what other users do it never works. The only thing I have a problem with is when someone will come out in shotgun, snap the ball and sprint 20 yards backwards to avoid the rush. That and coming out with 5wrs running fade patterns then running with the qb due to the cbs being dropped back into coverage. Alfa if the only thing that mattered to you was the opinion of you dynasty mates then why did you come onto OS and attempt to defend your irrational actions? Gator you're better off not being in that league.
I agree. I was gald to go out a winner though, I mean really why would I be lying I'm already out of the DYN. I've play these games for years and have seen many cheesers. But dang I've never seen a OD or a commish act like this
Old 03-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #48
Rookie

Oh, hello everyone. I am one of the users in this dynasty, and I think I have a solution to this argument.

Alfa probably kicked you because he only wants dynasty users with a certain mentality, and users with these priorities, in this order:
1) Don't piss off other users
2) Play to win

I was in a similar situation during the season in question, where the Iowa user thought I ran the infamous 4 verts (3 WR on one side) play too much during my last drive. As a user safety, I think this is one of the easiest plays to defend, but guess what?

I'm not going to run it anymore. Why? Because it pisses other users off. From my point of view, I'm seeing a user who plays to win first and foremost, and doesn't really care about how the other users feel. When I look at the stats and see 30 passes and 19 runs from Florida, with 14/19 runs from quarterbacks, who do you think I'm going to believe?

I know that personally, I hate having to call the exact same defense (spy, contain) to beat people. I don't know if Twist called enough spies, and I don't know WTF the looping DE was doing O_o, but when, for instance, our Maryland user scrambles on me (rarely), I can rest assured that he's not going to keep doing it until I stop it, stating "LOL U CAN'T STOP IT SPY MOAR". I understand that you have a scrambling QB, and you shouldn't be limited in your offense, but if you're calling plays because the other user has to bend over backwards to stop them, then it doesn't seem like you're a fit in this particular dynasty.

If Twist ran ace big counter most of the time (his run/pass amounts were 16 and 35, respectively, so it doesn't seem that way), then he's at fault, too. It seems that you don't care about other users enjoying themselves. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but this is what I'm seeing. More stats go a long way.

And I know people are going to point at this post and yell "LOL FEELINGS", but IMO, if both people aren't having fun, then there's no point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »