Home

Grass Textures Missing?

This is a discussion on Grass Textures Missing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #65
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Grass Textures Missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Well, my TV doesn't have the Game Mode or Sports mode. It has things like Livid, Standard, Energy Savings. What I like though is to generally have the color saturation near maxed out if not maxed out because I like for everything to pop and I also like everything to look as bright on TV as it does in real life. When I play Red Dead Redemption I actually have to squint when facing the sun because of how bright it is on my TV. I also like my shades of black to be noticeable, so not everything looks deep black. That helps shadows look better, especially in games and movies. The more shades of black you can see, the better dark scenes, or parts of a shot can look, IMO of course.

With my TV like this, day games look like they're actually under the real world sun, the lights in the stadium are very very bright, and the colors on uniforms and the grass all pop and just look like the real things. Is it perfect? No. But it definitely looks a lot better than when looking at comparisons on this PC monitor.

Nice everyone should try this out. This is just like the atmosphere problem we have, since there basically is none all you have to do is upload a ton of stadium sounds and boom, atmosphere.

So your saying I should tweak the color setting upwards and what else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

In order to get a dynamic sidelines we'd see a hit in the graphical department. If you think NCAA 12 has ugly grass, then I'd hate to see what you'd say about 2k8's. I'm all for taking a hit in the graphics department to get dynamic sidelines and crowds in, but EA won't go that route I'm afraid.

It'd be cool to see a video of what it would look like, but would ultimately be a waste of EA's time to go through the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Nice everyone should try this out. This is just like the atmosphere problem we have, since there basically is none all you have to do is upload a ton of stadium sounds and boom, atmosphere.

So your saying I should tweak the color setting upwards and what else?

I can't really tell you what to do, just toy around with your settings until you find a set up you're happy with.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-03-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:22 AM   #67
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I know I'm going to be in the minority here but I really didn't even notice this until I saw all the threads and comments about it.

And even after all the comments I still don't think it looks that bad. I guess I'm just focused on other things during the course of the game

I was sortof the same way. I did notice it but not enough to really have TOO much of a problem with it. I only had a problem because the Carrier Dome looks nothing like it should IMO and that is the team I play with and go to all the games in real life (sadly).

Once these threads came out I pay more attention to it and if we can make enough noise to get this noticed and changed for future versions then it would be great. It is a win-win for everyone because if it is done correctly, everyone on the side that it is bothering will be happy and everyone that didnt really care will be treated to a more realistic looking game! They might not notice it right away but a few games in it might start to click in peoples heads that something is looking a lot better in the game. Yep, thats the grass. (not marijuana)
Old 07-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #68
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Quote:
In order to get a dynamic sidelines we'd see a hit in the graphical department. If you think NCAA 12 has ugly grass, then I'd hate to see what you'd say about 2k8's. I'm all for taking a hit in the graphics department to get dynamic sidelines and crowds in, but EA won't go that route I'm afraid.

It'd be cool to see a video of what it would look like, but would ultimately be a waste of EA's time to go through the trouble.

I personally prefer colors to be as colorful as possible, so I do turn my color up all the way, but your TV may be different. Just mess around with NCAA and other games. It took me awhile, but I finally have it where all my games pretty much look how I want. I want something very bright(the sun, snow in the daylight) to be like that in my game, so that is how I set it up with my TV.

I can't really tell you what to do, just toy around with your settings until you find a set up you're happy with.

Right, got it. Thanks for this!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:25 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

It's not even really about the graphics, bro. Just have the colors right... Is it
really that hard? I think the APF2K8 grass is fine. It's flat, but at least the color
is right...

The thing I have always liked about 2K, regardless of the graphics, is the
presentation... It has always kicked BIG TIME ***. ****, NFL 2K5 (gameplay
was amazing at the time) not so much now, but look at this ****....

Just to remind you guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbecEziE4E

And look at the crowd in 2k8... can you say, "holly ****?" Looks freakin awesome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVjgfIy4HHI

Last edited by topzzz; 07-03-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:27 AM   #70
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by topzzz
It's not even really about the graphics, bro. Just have the colors right... Is it
really that hard? I think the APF2K8 grass is fine. It's flat, but at least the color
is right...

The thing I have always liked about 2K, regardless of the graphics, is the
presentation... It has always kicked BIG TIME ***. ****, NFL 2K5 (gameplay
was amazing at the time) not so much now, but look at this ****....

Just to remind you guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbecEziE4E

Correct. Some stadiums are actually not bad at all, in fact the color of the grass looks almost identical. However some do have an off-shade that looks almost turquoise, which makes the game feel awkward.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #71
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by topzzz
Thank you very much.

Lol.... you're the only one, man.

You really think that "this" is acceptable?

Here's what it SHOULD look like... Screen taken from Madden 2005!!!!!!!

It's pretty bad when Madden 2005 looks better. hahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEZMWddqpVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6yc7...eature=related

Just looking at these two videos....it looks nothing like that fsu field. Looks green to me. It doesn't look perfect...but it doesn't look as bad as people are making it out to be either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #72
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7

Madden 2005 looks so much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »