Home

NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 AM   #25
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

RTG has the potential to be the best My Player modes in sports gaming. I'm having a blast using my old HS team, as a QB and FS. Surprisingly, I have faired much better on defense thus far. The difficulty of it makes RTG so much more intriguing for me. Not to mention the awesome recruiting process.

Gameplay- Check
RTG- Check
Dynasty- Saving it for last, but with Coaching Carousel, I can't imagine being disappointed.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 05:12 AM   #26
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

Took a trip to two different wal-marts but I finally got home, downloaded the patch (PS3) and loaded up the game.

First thing I did was create a quick defensive PB, basically its the multiple with some extra 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 thrown in

I plug in the following settings:

Heisman - 8 Min - 20 speed threshold

All sliders default except

CPU/HUM QB ACC at 40
HUM pass block - 45
CPU run block - 55
CPU/HUM int - 35

I download the 11 high school teams I created (all from my former league in HS) and get goin

First game

CPU team - Clemsons roster B+ overall, Auburns PB, 3-4 D -(My team Temples roster C overall, pro style PB, custom defense)

Final score (CPU first)

37 - 17
Rushes/Yards - 26-216 - 34-91 (was sacked 6 times, keep reading)
Comp/Att/Yards - 17-22-204 - 14-22-128
Sacks - 6 - 1
TOs - 1 - 2

The game feels pretty great, I gotta admit. Heisman is the best. It feels awesome. Temples roster is weird to play with, you have two impact RBs but a 70 ovr QB with no speed.

My HBs stats

#30 - 21 car - 106 yards
#22 - 6 car - 33 yards

CPU

#23 - 15-139
QB #10 - 5- 38

I was sacked six times. I might move up HUM pass block to default 50, but maybe not, I mean, Temple is a C overall and Clemson is a B+, I was supposed to get beat.

I am definitely going to move speed threshold up to 30 next game. I felt at 20 the slower players moved a little TOO slow.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 8

I ran a test dynasty season after getting the game with some custom conferences to check on scheduling logic, etc.

I moved Notre Dame into the Big East(a 12 team Big East) and they scheduled Michigan, Purdue, Stanford and Navy for their OOC games...so it appears the CPU is attempting to still schedule OOC rivals or at least I hope so. I'm going to have to sim to the 2nd season today to make sure it was just not a first year thing. You will notice no USC...I'm assuming that's due to them not being able to get a date where they both had an open date on the schedule, but I'm sure they will try and schedule them most years.

Everything else worked well for the most part. The new 12 team conferences I formed had good scheduling logic, etc.

One small thing is that some week day games are scheduled at noon or 3pm lol just funny to me but could anger some.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 5

Love how you can run the wildcat in RTG this year!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #29
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

I love the RTG setup, custom opponents etc, but I have a huge problem. Alex Howell said stamina was turned off for HS because of Iron Man FB and also play calling was tweaked towards your player in HS. Wrong on both account, could be a glitch. I have to no huddle after a run play to get 20+ carries.

I love the recruiting...nice touch! Besides above issues, great job!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #30
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

A huge buzz kill for me. I went and recreated my senior season schedule of high school from a couple of years ago and while importing all the teams, during the first game two of the teams jerseys were mixed up.

Meaning half of the jerseys were the team I was suppose to play, the other half of the jerseys were the team I didn't play until week 10.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #31
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

wow, it's impossible for me to get more than a 1 star performance in RTG (WR/SS)

I mean, I made all my HS teams even, 5 catches for 58 yards with an avg of 14 yrds per reception...

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 13

I'm pretty disappointed with this mode. not as fun as I was expecting. the changes aren't noticeable over last years version. Also at the end of games if you skip plays, the clock doesn't run. even after runs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »