Home

Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

This is a discussion on Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2012, 02:19 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
That's not an option for us that play dynasty for several years. Unless you want to spend hours and hours editing players every year... I know I don't. So some of us are forced to never schedule an option team and that's a shame because the option is a thing of beauty when executed properly.
agreed.....

this is why i said it's up to EA to fix the Option the attack in this series once and for all.

There should be no reason why we should edit ratings to get them to run or simply avoid playing games all together vs Option Teams.

In NCAA 06 on the last gen system the CPU had QB's who knew how to execute the Option play. They didn't even have all the ratings that today's QB's have in the game and yet they still made plays.

EA needs to really get back to the basics of football. It's pretty sad when we are in year 6-7 on this gen system and we are hoping that the CPU can run a real Option offense.

Then i look at Madden at the two games are like night and day because in Madden sliders can atleast fix half your gameplay problems without editing players.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

I played a game with s.o.s sliders last night , Ohio-20 Alabama-14 , I used Ohio's sad playbook on offense , but you guys were right , I didnt thrash them like I thought
Old 05-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #51
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

If you also take the time (which sucks) and create CPB's for the opponent where you remove the garbage plays...it also makes a difference.

Stupid playcalling KILLS CPU drives quite often with regular playbooks. I eliminated almost all designed QB runs and no longer let teams run the option (I just couldn't get it to flow right).

Then on defense I eliminated the easily exploited defenses (cover 2 zones and all out blitzes) by giving the CPU CPB's.

When the CPU doesn't kill their own drives, they can be nasty. My next game is at home vs #5 Alabama who is probably the most talented team in the country.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
That's not an option for us that play dynasty for several years. Unless you want to spend hours and hours editing players every year... I know I don't. So some of us are forced to never schedule an option team and that's a shame because the option is a thing of beauty when executed properly.
Try out my black or blue sliders and you'll see a good option attack from the CPU without having to edit rosters.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #53
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
If you also take the time (which sucks) and create CPB's for the opponent where you remove the garbage plays...it also makes a difference.

Stupid playcalling KILLS CPU drives quite often with regular playbooks. I eliminated almost all designed QB runs and no longer let teams run the option (I just couldn't get it to flow right).

Then on defense I eliminated the easily exploited defenses (cover 2 zones and all out blitzes) by giving the CPU CPB's.

When the CPU doesn't kill their own drives, they can be nasty. My next game is at home vs #5 Alabama who is probably the most talented team in the country.

how do you assign them a playbook, i have been trying but it always show up as default in play now games...

thx

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 06-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Very humbled by the props for my slider set. Sadly, the patch killed Varsity level. I must also give thanks to Playmakers - it was his prompting that led me to the Varsity level, and I worked hard to find a set that was both challenging and fair. I'm using DJ's All American set - highly recommend them!!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Very humbled by the props for my slider set. Sadly, the patch killed Varsity level. I must also give thanks to Playmakers - it was his prompting that led me to the Varsity level, and I worked hard to find a set that was both challenging and fair. I'm using DJ's All American set - highly recommend them!!
That's good ol EA for you....

Now days it's best that you try to avoid patches because they usually end up just breaking the game more than they help the game.

I skipped creating sliders last year in NCAA 13 and this year i just might do the same again because sliders are starting to become a headache for me.

It's a shame to because i think that level is the most underated level in the game if you nail the sliders to give SIM Results.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #56
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

I've tried all these sliders and at the end of the day, the speed threshold at 0 makes the game a lot easier! Increase the speed threshold to about 65, and you are going to have to play a perfect game. Based on Oraeon's threshold testing, 65 gave the most realistic speed representation. Try any set with threshold at 65 and you won't be blowing the CPU out. I guarantee! As a matter of fact, I'm convinced that the speed threshold is the glue that holds EA games together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »