Home

Playoff option

This is a discussion on Playoff option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Just started!

OSAggie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playoff option

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I'd give 50-1 odds against in a heartbeat. There's no way they'll add it a year early when they can make you buy another game next year to get it.
Exactly. In a franchise that's all about selling next year's game, they will almost certainly not "future-proof" any single iteration.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyJackRanga
EA quotes, "If it's in the game", so they had better include this option. I intend on playing more than one season in Dynasty mode, and therefor expect to be using the playoff system by the second season.

Get it right EA!
But it ISN'T in the game. This isn't NCAA football '15. It's NCAA Football '14 and in 2013 there is no FBS playoff system.

Then you add to that the fact that I'm sure the NCAA wouldn't allow EA to add a playoff option this year.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8
There are details about the playoff system that STILL haven't been worked out (locations, etc), so how could EA implement a feature that isn't even set in stone yet?

That said, I did read that certain new features in the dynasty mode won't show up until after the first year. While this could be referencing something completely unrelated, it does give a slight hope... probably false hope, but hope nonetheless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
Rookie

Doubt it. Stuck with the B(C)S for another year. Or rather, many years since it'll be in Dynasty.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
Rookie

BucksFan5Covers's Arena

OVR: 2

I would really enjoy this i hate the bcs
Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan5Covers
I would really enjoy this i hate the bcs
The worst part is that the BCS is even worse (somehow) in the game than in real life.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
I highly doubt it an i don't know if they would even be allowed to as of yet since its not this year
The series use to have that option and it was taken out, sure details aren't finalized, but we have the format down

This is the one option I am waiting to hear about, if we can have a playoff, I'll get the game, if not I'm waiting till next year....I will have a hard time getting engaged into a dynasty after year one when I know it isn't close to correct post season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #16
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

it is a legitimate possibility to have playoffs in the game. Like i said in an earlier post, There is only one year of the BCS left, and with the playoffs having a GENERAL format, that should be enough. Furthermore, for those of you who subscribe to the logic that NCAA football will not come out after this year, I think that strengthens the possibility of adding a playoff, just because this is the last year it could happen. I dont really believe that, but its just a thought. I do think though, that there is a relatively good chance of having a playoff option.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »