Home

***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread*** within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #121
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

I called up best buy and gamestop I was told by both the game will be in their stores on the 15th. I haven't called circuit city yet, but looking on their website it looks like the game might be available tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #122
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

When will EA realize that there are fouls in soccer? 1 or 2 fouls a half doesn't equate to the real game. And when there is a foul you need to pray it's not a red card, they are horribly overdone imo (cards in general). That's my only complaint so far, everything else seems pretty good.

Did the Adidas Live season download for the EPL, and the squads were up to date, and Spurs' crappy form in check! No White Hart Lane still stinks when it is in the old gen versions, but oh well. At least they have the cmon you Spurs chant.

The controls seem more responsive than in the demo and the graphics look very sharp!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 6

I like the live season idea, but I would like to play with Spurs online and be able to compete.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #124

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagnant
I like the live season idea, but I would like to play with Spurs online and be able to compete.
You can turn it off. I forget where, but I saw it buried somewhere in the menus.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #125
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

With the adidas live rosters I am a little confused, can you save them for offline use? I did it for EPL and I was just wondering.

I only played one game so far and I really like it so far. The controls are responsive, but I just have to learn the controls. Still trying to decide on what camera angle to stick too.

I was also prompted for a game update when i went online, I was online about 20 minutes before with 2K9 and was not prompted for an update. Anyone know what this was for?

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

Last edited by BIG CAROLINA; 10-15-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #126
MVP

OVR: 15

After one game there are some things that I am already loving about this game. Number one? The pacing. I feel like the game is moving at the correct pace. There is a lot of time spent passing in the midfield and attacks are definitely built up (so far).

The ball reaction is very natural. I feel like it goes off of defenders and plays really accurately off of the feet of the players and there are little animations that help this. I LOVED that a ball was heading for the corner flag and before it went out I kicked it high in the air (behind my head) and kept it in play downfield...

It's way to soon to make a statement like this, but I think this may be the best sports game released this season. It's WAY better than Madden, NCAA, NHL 09 and NHL 2K9, but that's after a game and after a game I was also REALLY into Madden.

For some reason, I think because I've played FIFAs before, I know what to expect and they've improved upon a system that finally started to work last year.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #127
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Ive played a few unranked matches online and have gotten sodomized by people who have been playing this game for weeks. Thanks EA.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #128
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
With the adidas live rosters I am a little confused, can you save them for offline use? I did it for EPL and I was just wondering.
No, you cannot save the live rosters. When in the screen where they are purchased, it says that they are downloaded through the EA servers when in use and can't be saved...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »