Home

***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread*** within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2008, 04:47 AM   #89
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
I want to add to what calcutta has been saying all along about MM, it's complete bs how it is EXACTLY the same damn thing. I don't think anyone within reason was expecting a big change given that they have stated that they were concentrating on game play and online, but this is just absurd. I think this wouldn't be such an issue if they had fixed the fatigue problems, or at least let us change the lineups of the other team, but not even that. They literally didn't touch the code. They just changed the interface a bit, and even took out some minor things (you can't check the Champions League or UEFA Cup results if you're not participating). As you can see by my impressions, they have mostly been very positive, but there is no positive spin on this.

End rant.
i agree with you 100%. i wish we had a fleshed out version of manager mode. but, i will argue against the conclusion that manager mode is ruined. with the different tactics, you really are getting a new game every week, not just a new line up. i think the manager mode is saved, in part, because of the new tactics. i am not trying to start a fight, just saying that it is a MUCH better mode than last, even though the mode itself is 99% unchanged. it is still fun to go for the silverware, and now you really have to pay attention to your opponent and think tactically.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #90
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
i agree with you 100%. i wish we had a fleshed out version of manager mode. but, i will argue against the conclusion that manager mode is ruined. with the different tactics, you really are getting a new game every week, not just a new line up. i think the manager mode is saved, in part, because of the new tactics. i am not trying to start a fight, just saying that it is a MUCH better mode than last, even though the mode itself is 99% unchanged. it is still fun to go for the silverware, and now you really have to pay attention to your opponent and think tactically.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. The mode IS playable. It just sucks that something so obvious wouldn't even be addressed at all. In fact, the fatigue issue only came up for two matches during my first season and only for one club. Nevertheless, I'll keep enjoying it for the sake of having some kind of progression in my games.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 14

Found a way to bring defenders up for CKs w/o having to continually pause the game!!!

When you win a corner, press right on the D-Pad to change your team's attaacking level to Ultra Offensive. You'll see both your fullbacks and one centre back come up INTO THE BOX for the corner, while the other CB stays back. So with Man Utd, Ferdinand, Evra and Brown ventured up, while Vidic stayed back. For Newcastle, Taylor, Beye and Jose Enrique came up, while Coloccini stayed back. It would be better if both CBs came up and one of the FBs stayed back instead, but i'm ok with this for now. Coloccini and Vidic were the LCBs in my formations, so maybe they are designated to stay back.

It does cause a CK-taking issue though...every time i've done the above, when i take the corner, i can't see my kicking power bar!? Even if i wait until the strategy option disappears, the power bar doesn't come back. TBH its pretty easy to still kick it into the group of players w/o it, especially with a highly-rated kicker, but it might make it a bit difficult for some players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 14

Why can't EA get official licenses for the GK kits? It also results in some kit clashing at times...i played Spurs yesterday in MM, they were wearing their blue kits, and the GK Gomes was also wearing the same light blue kit. Minor issue but annoying nonetheless.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #93
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
Why can't EA get official licenses for the GK kits? It also results in some kit clashing at times...i played Spurs yesterday in MM, they were wearing their blue kits, and the GK Gomes was also wearing the same light blue kit. Minor issue but annoying nonetheless.
It is bizarre. I also find it quite annoying that even with all the power that FIFA has in terms of licenses and sponsors, they can't at least try to include some non generic ad boards. It gets tiring looking at the same damn thing every game. At least the scoreboards are stylish, even if they are generic.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:52 AM   #94
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

good and bad:

good: i just wanted to pass along a quick note on how much more responsive the controls are this year. first off, i will never have one of those youtube videos with all the different tricks and moves. i am a passer, who has rarely used the tricks. i just never found them very accessible. well, not this year. in my arsenal MM i have been pulling off a lot of skills with fabregas and nasri. the best was last night with fabregas...

i took the ball about 10 yards out side the top right corner of the box with cesc. i hit L1 to face the goal, immeiately holding down L2 (using PS3, btw). while standing i did on single step over. then with no fancy exit move i knocked the ball on, split two defenders, then put it the left side of the net with a shot off the outside of the foot that curved back to the right!

bad: the through ball bug is starting to wear on me. the reason it is so aggravating is because it happens more frequently when you are on a good break. this really needs to be fixed! lets hope they patch it.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:01 AM   #95
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

more on penalties and injuries:

in my arsenal MM, i played a match v West Brom. i clearly over match them, and every time i had it in the attacking third, they got sloppy agressive. in the first 30 minutes of the game, i had two penalty shots. one was a definite penalty; like the play in 2008 when as gamers we would just throw are hands in the air. the second one was questionable. i rarely got PKs in 2008 and have already had atleast 4 in my arsenal MM and we are in the middle of november.

injuries are there... i lost adebayor for two weeks last night. i am playing on WC, so that may make a difference. once again, sub them out once they get dinged and they should sit for a game or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 AM   #96
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm not real up-to-date on the happenings of this game but have it preordered in the U.S. Was really intrigued by the 10 on 10 online mode. Is that running yet and how is it? One of the things I'm really looking forward to doing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »