Home

***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread*** within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #81
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

Ahh yes, bending is correct. My mistake and thanks for the continued impressions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #82
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks for the impressions everyone and glad to hear that there are injuries that last more than the current match. I hated when guys magically would heal for the next match.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Thanks for the impressions everyone and glad to hear that there are injuries that last more than the current match. I hated when guys magically would heal for the next match.
Extremely rare though. While playing games i certainly haven't had an injury that forced my player out of the game (nor an opposition player). And while simming my two full seasons in Manager Mode, my Man Utd squad only suffered two injuries. One to Berbatov was cured within a week, while the other at least forced Giggs out for two months.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #84
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
Extremely rare though. While playing games i certainly haven't had an injury that forced my player out of the game (nor an opposition player). And while simming my two full seasons in Manager Mode, my Man Utd squad only suffered two injuries. One to Berbatov was cured within a week, while the other at least forced Giggs out for two months.
Many thanks as always, but man that sucks.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #85
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Have you guys noticed any changes on the game speed from the demo? In the demo the change from Normal game speed to slow was subtle at best.
I've been playing on Slow, and I think it's around the same. At first I thought it was a little faster, but that was because I played my first few games with fast clubs, which weren't really present on the demo. I recently played a match with Australia, and the pace was really methodical since they had no one who could really blast through. Haven't tried the other speeds though since I really like this setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
Yeah, although the more you up the difficulty of the game, the more fouls/injuries you get. To start my second season on MM mode, Eto'o got injured two times, but he would always come back a week after. Xavi also was out, amongst others. They have happened quite frequently during my current season, but they are meaningless injuries, meaning that they only lose a week of matches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #86
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

I want to add to what calcutta has been saying all along about MM, it's complete bs how it is EXACTLY the same damn thing. I don't think anyone within reason was expecting a big change given that they have stated that they were concentrating on game play and online, but this is just absurd. I think this wouldn't be such an issue if they had fixed the fatigue problems, or at least let us change the lineups of the other team, but not even that. They literally didn't touch the code. They just changed the interface a bit, and even took out some minor things (you can't check the Champions League or UEFA Cup results if you're not participating). As you can see by my impressions, they have mostly been very positive, but there is no positive spin on this.

End rant.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:08 AM   #87
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

Sorry to triple post, but apparently the video feature on easportsworld.com is working now, so I uploaded my first video:

Xavi, to Messi, cross to Eto'o, enjoy.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:44 AM   #88
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Yeah, although the more you up the difficulty of the game, the more fouls/injuries you get. To start my second season on MM mode, Eto'o got injured two times, but he would always come back a week after. Xavi also was out, amongst others. They have happened quite frequently during my current season, but they are meaningless injuries, meaning that they only lose a week of matches.
well, i do not know the actual injury code program, but here is to hoping that it just depends. i have seen a lot of injuires. i have had one where he was forced to sit (eboue). it was actually quite ridiculous... i started walcott on the right wing/RM and was getting burned on defence. so i subbed Eboue, increased his defense work rate (so awesome) and increased his defensive runs. about 5min into his action he was injured, forced out of the game (screen went dark and to the squad screen). i subbed super tom and had to go from there...

one suggestion. even when your players are injured and it does not force them to sit, go ahead and bench them. every time i do this they are out at least a week. nasri was out for 3 weeks. alternatively, one time i just left super tom in the game. he was doubled over between play, but he eventually healed to full strength. it sucks to resort to house rules, but might as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »