Home

***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread*** within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #73
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Lastly, I hope that EA fixes the bug where the players lose track of the ball and become confused. It happens to both human controlled players and the AI, and it can really break the experience in some situations. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's quite annoying. It's weird that this is in the final release because it didn't seem to be present on the demo, so hopefully the community makes an issue of it so that the developers take notice.
i have to agree here... while this does not happen all the time, it does happen enough to make you hold your breath. when van persie/adobayor are breaking to goal or the wing with a good through ball coming from cesc or nasri... i start holding my breath for the dread two step shuffle!!

otherwise, the tactics work great... you have to play the to the tactics, however. for instance, i play with arsenal and they use short quick passes, usually to get to the wings. once on the wing, mid fielders start cutting... if you try to cross it in, your players tend to be out of position. but, if your goal is to "walk it in" you will see teammate AI open up.

Last edited by southernbelle; 10-06-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #74
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

this may have been mentioned, but i think they have done a good job with young reserves. for instance, jack wilshire for arsenal... he is fast and quick! why he is ranked lower is because of his skills, which you can develop over time. its a great improvement.

Last edited by southernbelle; 10-06-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:24 AM   #75
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
otherwise, the tactis work great... you have to play the tactics. for isntance, i play with arsenal and they use short quick passes, usually to get to the wings. once on the wing, mid fielders start cutting... if you try to cross it in, your players tend to be out of position. but, if your goal is to "walk it in" you will see teammate AI open up.
Aye, I love it how the midfielders in teams like Arsenal and Barca fill the middle in attack once the wing play starts. I've had quite a few goals with midfielders cutting this year, whereas in years past it was all about the strikers and wingers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #76
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Have you guys noticed any changes on the game speed from the demo? In the demo the change from Normal game speed to slow was subtle at best.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #77
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
this may have been mentioned, but i think they have done a good job with young reserves. for instance, jack wilshire for arsenal... he is fast and quick! why he is ranked lower is because of his skills, which you can develop over time. its a great improvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Aye, I love it how the midfielders in teams like Arsenal and Barca fill the middle in attack once the wing play starts. I've had quite a few goals with midfielders cutting this year, whereas in years past it was all about the strikers and wingers.
Those are both good to hear. I hated how young reserves would be in the 60s across the board. Guys with pace should have it from the start, but be lacking in areas like strength, awareness and certain skills. Hopefully they will be usable this year.

I'm was hoping that the custom team tactics would make it possible to see teams play in this manner. I always hated that MFs wouldn't run into the middle. Does this mean that we can finally expect some diagonal and curved runs by the AI?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #78
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Those are both good to hear. I hated how young reserves would be in the 60s across the board. Guys with pace should have it from the start, but be lacking in areas like strength, awareness and certain skills. Hopefully they will be usable this year.

I'm was hoping that the custom team tactics would make it possible to see teams play in this manner. I always hated that MFs wouldn't run into the middle. Does this mean that we can finally expect some diagonal and curved runs by the AI?
first yes you will be able to use the yougnsters, but you wil have to develop skills AND strength. strength is a huge deal this year and just because some youngster has heels, does not mean he can mix it up with premeirship back line.

you will see diagonal runs, not sure about curve... one thing that is awesome is early crossing... play the spurs... those guys are sending early, low crosses in like you wouldnt believe. very life like...

also i wanted to mention injuries. happening a lot more frequent in my arsenal mm. every week i seem to lose a starter for a week or two. nothing serious. but without nasri this week, eboue the following, etc.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #79
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

When I referred to curved runs, I meant when an attacker runs at the backline at an angle while trying to stay onsides. Announcers often refer (I think AG does in the game as well) to a striker "curving" his run to stay onsides in this situation. I know in 08 you really only saw straight-ahead runs, making it difficult to play someone through the line unless you went over the top and could win the race to the ball...
Old 10-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #80
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
When I referred to curved runs, I meant when an attacker runs at the backline at an angle while trying to stay onsides. Announcers often refer (I think AG does in the game as well) to a striker "curving" his run to stay onsides in this situation. I know in 08 you really only saw straight-ahead runs, making it difficult to play someone through the line unless you went over the top and could win the race to the ball...
oh, i think AG actually says "bending" his run, but i get what you mean. yes, this year is definitely more angles on approach. and the fun "cheat" is to hit the through ball right when the striker drops his hand for a call... it wont necessarily get through the D, but he is telling you he is going to break off the "bend" and gun it. not really a cheat, i know.

and both van persie and adebayor bend their runs for wing play.

Last edited by southernbelle; 10-06-2008 at 01:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »