Home

***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread*** within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
My one and only concern is the lack of goals by CPU players OTHER than forwards and attacking midfiielders.
One problem here is that CPU teams don't bring their defenders up for corner kicks. Even in late game situations where they might bring up their keeper, their CBs are still at halfway. I have seen a few DMs score headers on CKs though - i remember Cristian Poulsen doing so in my very first game against Juve, but i can't recall if his role was a DM or CM.

And i'm still not seeing CPU fullbacks join the attack enough - they might recover a loose ball on the wing and cross it in first time or pass it forward, but they always retreat once that task is performed. I recall playing Arsenal and Chelsea where in both games i had a 2-0 lead, but even then the LBs and RBs barely joined the attack in and around the box, even though i had a single striker up front (so they had all 4 defenders back marking a lone forward). Similar thing against Wigan (at their stadium) where it was goalless and i went down to 9 men early in the second half, they didn't do anything different to when they were playing against 10 or 11 men, and the game finished 0-0, with my team dominating shots and possession despite the player dis-advantage.

This is all on Professional.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 7

Game is awesome. I use to be an avid PES player but I think FIFA 09 is as good as any of the PES games from the Ps2 days. Really like the team tactics. I played my first game with U.S. against Mexico and Mexico tried to beat me with their speed by running down the flanks with Dos Santos and Guardado. It was really cool to see. i then won 1-0 with a Michael Bradley goal who when I clicked on to celebrate did a "shush" celebration to the Pro-Mexico crowd.

I've played the 10v10 game. We lost 5-1 but I scored with Kaka. Too many people quit. It's annoying.

Online play is as fun as ever.

It's been pretty awesome thus far.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:39 PM   #147
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Leagues are still screwed.

I can't believe EA still hasn't realized that in most leagues in the world, teams play 2 games against each other, but the EA league setup is still odd numbered...1, 3, 5, etc.

I mean, how hard would this really be to correct?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #148
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

I'm loving this game a lot more than the demo.

I just had Denilson pass the ball to Vela at the top of the box who backheeled it first time to Walcott who was all alone in the box at a tight angle.

I didn't score, but it was still ****ing sick.
But we all live in denial
Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #149
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11

On that note Acid, I must say I absolutely ****ing love playing with Arsenal in this game. There's no better feeling than scoring on a perfect team give go give go give go goal, just like you'd see in real life.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #150
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnutz6
On that note Acid, I must say I absolutely ****ing love playing with Arsenal in this game. There's no better feeling than scoring on a perfect team give go give go give go goal, just like you'd see in real life.
I completely agree. I feel like I can actually play like the real Arsenal squad in this game.

So much fun.

2-0 over Spurs, woooooo.
But we all live in denial
Old 10-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #151
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11

Ha, I beat them 3-0 in my BAP with Fabregas. I scored on a PK, one really beautiful goal by Rosicky, and an own goal that looked so real it was scary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #152
MVP

OVR: 15

I am 5 games into manager mode with Westham and loving it. I haven't lost, but my games have been INCREDIBLY tight and tense (and right now on professional which I slaughtered last year).

I can't say enough about the pace of the game. 8 minute halves (will up it to ten at the end of my first season) and the game flows nicely. More time spent in midfield and the passing game is lovely...

REALLY the first time I can say in a while that I'm enjoying a FIFA game more than PES (and that includes last year).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »