Home

Manual Fifa

This is a discussion on Manual Fifa within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #25
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Manual Fifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlon
I'm curious about the shooting as well. Maybe I'll give all manual a try tonight on WC.

I would love an all manual league. If they don't already, FIFA should have an all manual only lobby. That could help generate a nice little community.
I thought I had read that they were going to have manual leaderboards this year. That would be sweet if so.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 10

Wow this has me a lot more excited for this game if it were true. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #27
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlon
Wow this has me a lot more excited for this game if it were true. Can anyone confirm this?
From the EA Boards

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Old 09-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

When playing on full manual do you use the normal pass or the through ball, and can someone explain what the difference is and in what situations I should use each? I've heard it's better to use the through ball for short passes but I have no idea why.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I really like playing all-manual, but I've noticed something playing both FIFA10 & World Cup on both consoles... manual pass power seems to be more responsive on the 360. IE, I feel it takes less time to make a harder pass on the 360. I've only played the demo on PS3 and I still have the feeling that I can't get a good pass in a reasonable amount of time. I'm going to try the demo on 360 tonight to see if I notice a difference or to confirm that I am, in fact, off my rocker.
What did you find out? I've been a playstation gamer for a very long time but have heard that sports games are better for the xbox. I really enjoy bluray but the vast majority of games I play on console are sports games.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:28 AM   #30
Banned

Just played my first manual game in over a year. I was Spain against Brazil on Legendary. 10 minute halves. I won 3-0. Surprisingly easy. I'm gonna try playing as Paraguay against France.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #31
Banned

Definitely notice the difference between Spain and Paraguay. I lost to France 7-0. hah
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #32
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDanjo
What did you find out? I've been a playstation gamer for a very long time but have heard that sports games are better for the xbox. I really enjoy bluray but the vast majority of games I play on console are sports games.
To be honest, I felt the passes were underpowered on 360 as well. And this is with a nearly or even full power bar, so I'm not sure what to think. It's weird because I remember how good FIFA10 all-manual felt on 360 compared to 09... much easier to get a crisp pass and the 360 degree control really help with placement.

As for sports games being better on 360 in general... I think most of it is related to perceptions about the quality of online service of the two systems. Also, I think the 360 controller layout is better suited for sports games that require lots of dual-stick action, but I'm also biased because I played the 360 for several years before getting a PS3. And you can buy a 3rd-party PS3 controller that's nearly identical to the 360 controller, but I won't endorse it because the battery in mine went bad shortly after the 90-day warranty and they wouldn't replace it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »