Home

FIFA 11 Ultimate Team discussion

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 Ultimate Team discussion within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #17
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: FIFA 11 Ultimate Team discussion

50 bid tokens yesterday, 500 coins today. Need one more CB to round out my starting XI for my EPL team. Can't wait to maybe get a match or two in tomorrow night if I can. Looking forward to this big time.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 11-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

How do you earn points to buy packs? From Ranked online matches? Or only by playing other people's UTs? Even though I didn't use UT in 09 or 10, am I still earning points by playing online matches now? Or should I just wait til it releases tomorrow?

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #19
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Are you able to play with this "Dream Team?" I'm not seeing how to do that.
when making your FUT generations team, you can see a little note that says something "this web-based only squad..." meaning it's just for show. You'll have to build up your FUT from the ground up again.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #20
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
when making your FUT generations team, you can see a little note that says something "this web-based only squad..." meaning it's just for show. You'll have to build up your FUT from the ground up again.
Didn't know that. thanks.

Also, did anyone download it yet? Looked last night but didn't see it.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #21
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Downloaded it this morning. Being a rookie to FUT, I have a lot of work to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #22
Rookie

Downloaded it last night, played a few games and am now at work playing around with the web app. I wish there was a more seamless way to look at players assigned to the 'club' without already knowing who you want to swap out of your squad. On the console, you can look at the club but it's a tedious interface with many sub-menus that makes it hard to navigate effectively.

Also, how do contracts work? It says 7 when I get a player, what does that mean? 7 games? Is that only online or single player as well? Doesn't seem very long. I got one contract extension in a pack but still seems like a tough way to keep players around. I've played fifa offline for years but this is my first foray into the online modes.

edit: I'm really diggin the app but there are a couple things that are missing (or I'm missing). Is there no way to buy packs while using the web app?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #23
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooz
Downloaded it last night, played a few games and am now at work playing around with the web app. I wish there was a more seamless way to look at players assigned to the 'club' without already knowing who you want to swap out of your squad. On the console, you can look at the club but it's a tedious interface with many sub-menus that makes it hard to navigate effectively.

Also, how do contracts work? It says 7 when I get a player, what does that mean? 7 games? Is that only online or single player as well? Doesn't seem very long. I got one contract extension in a pack but still seems like a tough way to keep players around. I've played fifa offline for years but this is my first foray into the online modes.

edit: I'm really diggin the app but there are a couple things that are missing (or I'm missing). Is there no way to buy packs while using the web app?
yeah, a 7 contract means 7 games, whether they're offline or online it doesn't matter. Once that player plays in 7 games his contract is up.

I've not seen any way to buy packs with the web app, right now I think you only trade/buy/sell and set your lineup. It would be sweet if we could buy packs through it though.

I haven't downloaded FUT yet because I'm trying to get some work done here, but I am trying to flip a few players to boost my coins. I bought Michael Bradley for 450, hoping to sell for at least 750. Also bought Bocanegra for 650, and hoping to turn him around for at least 800. I have higher buy now prices on them, but even a mild return on the investment would be nice. With the two starter packs I got my squad is already 3-stars and I've got three 75 or higher rated defenders, a 79 goalkeeper, two solid midfielders and one good forward.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
yeah, a 7 contract means 7 games, whether they're offline or online it doesn't matter. Once that player plays in 7 games his contract is up.

I've not seen any way to buy packs with the web app, right now I think you only trade/buy/sell and set your lineup. It would be sweet if we could buy packs through it though.

I haven't downloaded FUT yet because I'm trying to get some work done here, but I am trying to flip a few players to boost my coins. I bought Michael Bradley for 450, hoping to sell for at least 750. Also bought Bocanegra for 650, and hoping to turn him around for at least 800. I have higher buy now prices on them, but even a mild return on the investment would be nice. With the two starter packs I got my squad is already 3-stars and I've got three 75 or higher rated defenders, a 79 goalkeeper, two solid midfielders and one good forward.
When the contract is up, do you automatically lose them? or do you still have them but just can't use them til you re-sign them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »