Home

Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players and disappearing FA's

This is a discussion on Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players and disappearing FA's within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players and disappearing FA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjv3
I tried something similar to this today and I THINK I FOUND AN ANSWER.

All of my promoted youths were listed as "for loan", naturally. Seeing as how it was May, and there was no reason to have them as such at this point of the season, I changed their statuses back to normal and went about my season. Once the season ended and I came to the "player's contracts are expiring" phase in June I went in to do some renegotiating and, lo and behold, all of my promoted youths were able to negotiate. I signed another guy to my Sr squad to see if that triggered anything but he was just a normal "contract accepted" and the youths I signed prior still held "N/A" and were able to be extended. The ability to negotiate also carried over into the subsequent season (meaning: they didn't somehow revert to "contract accepted") so no issues there.

Conclusion: Don't list your youths for loan right away (especially if you're already past transfer windows) and by the end of the season (at least for me) they will be ready to negotiate new contracts.

I really, really hope this helps you, DStokes.
Awesome! I will keep trying to run some tests tonight to see if I can verify this, but it looks like we might have a winner.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #50
Rookie

rjv3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
So... based on what doubldragon and rjv3 found, it appears the cause of the contract accepted bug could possibly be due to a "For Loan" status when the contract re-signing period begins, correct?

Taking that a step further, is it possible disappearing free agents could be related? Perhaps a player having "For Loan/Sale" status when their contract expires causes them to disappear...
I mentioned this in an earlier post but in case it was missed:
I found that if one of my players was on loan at another club and his contract with my club was set to expire at the end of the loan spell, he would be removed from my club at the end of that spell. Since you are unable to negotiate contracts with players not at your club, you can't negotiate with the player that is on loan. So the only way to keep him from being removed at the end of the season is to recall him early, pay the fee, and negotiate an extension.

This happened to me with Paloschi. After his loan spell he was placed into the FA pool because he contract with my club was up. I haven't had any experience with a player being totally removed though so I can't speak to that scenario.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

so whats the official workaround?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterX1918
so whats the official workaround?
I would try renegotiating the contract of each youth clubber before you list them for loan/sale. rjv3 has said that taking them off the loan list and when the year resets in the summer, it should clear them, but I have yet to observe that (haven't gotten there yet). The last option seems to be to release them shortly before a transfer window and then re-sign them as a free agent.

I think those are the three options out there right now.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 0

can't we just ignore youth academy and play like it doesn't exist? does this bug affect other contracts?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
can't we just ignore youth academy and play like it doesn't exist? does this bug affect other contracts?
without a system that injects new and younger players into the game teams would grow old after a couple seasons. I guess if you only plan on doing career mode for a couple seasons its not a big deal but anything longer a youth squad is integral unless you plan on buying all of your players.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #55
Rookie

I think you guys are on to something. Try putting your youth player on season-long loan status, but then don't actually send him on a loan. Take him off the status after the transfer window ends and sim a day or two.

On two of my youth players, this cleared the contract message that had been locked on them since I signed them (and I only tried two, so we're two-for-two) I was then able to renegotiate their contracts.

Now, I tried this before I went to sleep last night and I did not check to see whether the status returned to its old form if I don't resign them immediately, but at this moment, we may have a workaround. Great idea everyone!! Let me know where to send the beer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverarity
I think you guys are on to something. Try putting your youth player on season-long loan status, but then don't actually send him on a loan. Take him off the status after the transfer window ends and sim a day or two.

On two of my youth players, this cleared the contract message that had been locked on them since I signed them (and I only tried two, so we're two-for-two) I was then able to renegotiate their contracts.

Now, I tried this before I went to sleep last night and I did not check to see whether the status returned to its old form if I don't resign them immediately, but at this moment, we may have a workaround. Great idea everyone!! Let me know where to send the beer.
I also was able to confirm that if you do extend their contract before putting them up for loan/sale, they don't get "infected." I have had some that were infected but not now, and maybe the above helped. I'll keep an eye on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »