Home

FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

Sorry if this may have been posted in another thread somewhere, but can someone tell me if there is a way to simulate without having the email messages constantly pop up interrupting the sim? It's really slowing down my MM progress. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #74
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub1014
Sorry if this may have been posted in another thread somewhere, but can someone tell me if there is a way to simulate without having the email messages constantly pop up interrupting the sim? It's really slowing down my MM progress. Thanks!
Some of it can be avoided by going to the "Calendar" view instead of just using "Advance" at the top of the CM page.

Still, you'll get quite a few interruptions (now it's mainly international duty questions) and transfer offers. Haven't found a way to get rid of these yet.
Boston Celtics
Old 09-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #75
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

well after not saving. i was able to re do my sim. i still have the 5 star striker and 4 star LB. instead of getting the 5 star CAM i got a 5 star LM instead. i have not seen another 5 star skill player since. i have seen the cpu get some 4 star guys though. after i sim my second season, ill look into the cpu roster to see what kind of players they have been getting.

oh yeah forgot to mention. so far majority of the 14 year olds that looked to be insanely good have almost all dropped off significantly. it just might be a random thing, but it is kind of reassuring. i was almost sure i was going to have a full team of superstars in the next few seasons.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 09-27-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #76
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
well after not saving. i was able to re do my sim. i still have the 5 star striker and 4 star LB. instead of getting the 5 star CAM i got a 5 star LM instead. i have not seen another 5 star skill player since. i have seen the cpu get some 4 star guys though. after i sim my second season, ill look into the cpu roster to see what kind of players they have been getting.

oh yeah forgot to mention. so far majority of the 14 year olds that looked to be insanely good have almost all dropped off significantly. it just might be a random thing, but it is kind of reassuring. i was almost sure i was going to have a full team of superstars in the next few seasons.
this is good stuff... keep us posted
Old 09-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #77
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

ok so i was able to pickup another 5 star skill cdm. that makes a total of 3 in two seasons. i peaked into epl team rosters to see what they have been getting. blackburn has gotten a 5 star skill guy and a couple 4 star guys. with the exception of goal keepers, only the mid to lower tables have been heavily recruiting players. i saw a few 4 star players. *edit* actually i forgot someone released a 5 star winger and since havent had any luck finding one i signed this guy. so that actually makes 4 in two seasons. also saw two 4 star skill guys as free agents in the past two seasons.

i am willing to bet you cant get 5 star skill players without a 5 star judgement scout. unless someone else has a lower level scout and has been able to find them. let us know.

one big improvement i am seeing is that your players worth isnt based entirely on potential. so i cant sign all these guys and sell them for big money like i could in last years game.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 09-28-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #78
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

so im about 20 games into my manager career. im noticing that player growth is different. IMO both good and bad. so in the first almost half i almost all my starters have gained atleast 2 OVR with my youngest starter (my created player) 17 gaining 4. i am looking at this and hoping that player growth doesn't keep going up like that or i feel like it will cause to much high rated players.

anyone else seeing this.

Also im playing with the sounders in the EPL npower2 and they have some good young players and that could be part of it. sorry if its been discussed
Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #79
Rookie

harrisonial2992's Arena

OVR: 9

Noticed something today that makes sense logically but I had never looked for it before.

I scouted a 14 yr old goalkeeper from the Czech Republic with great potential but he was only 180 cm tall(only 5'9).

Well I just signed him to my senior squad when he turned 16 and he had grown to 200+ cm(6'8!!!!).

Obviously thats a massive growth spurt but it was a very small and gratifying aspect of player growth.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #80
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisonial2992
Noticed something today that makes sense logically but I had never looked for it before.

I scouted a 14 yr old goalkeeper from the Czech Republic with great potential but he was only 180 cm tall(only 5'9).

Well I just signed him to my senior squad when he turned 16 and he had grown to 200+ cm(6'8!!!!).

Obviously thats a massive growth spurt but it was a very small and gratifying aspect of player growth.
thats a nice observation

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »