Home

FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #57
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

Anybody have any luck scouting guys for more than 1 month without having them scooped up by other clubs? I have not been able to scout anybody for more than a month as ALL of them get scooped up before the next scouting cycle.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 09-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #58
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

So it seems that if you loan players out, their skills actually increase?

I had a big problem with that in 12. I would loan young players out and get them back with seemingly no increase in attributes.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #59
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
Anybody have any luck scouting guys for more than 1 month without having them scooped up by other clubs? I have not been able to scout anybody for more than a month as ALL of them get scooped up before the next scouting cycle.
havent had that problem. i have some brazillian guys im looking at for past 4 months and nobody has jumped in yet. their projected overall seems too high to be true, so im assuming the scout is wrong. gonna wait till they are fully scouted before i decide.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #60
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

i just signed a 16 year old with 5 star skill moves. only 2 star weak foot though. came in as a 57 overall striker. also signed a 4 star skill move / 4 star weak foot LB as well.

this is definately interesting.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #61
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

So far, I have 2-3 star rated scouts and they're turning out the sort of recruits that I was getting from 4-5 star scouts last year.

I'm left to wonder: does the rating of the scout make all that much difference? Do they all end up finding the same players, but maybe the 4-5 start rated scouts are just a bit more likely to find them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #62
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

after i got that 5 star skill move striker, i signed another 5 star skill CAM. then my game locked up and i didnt save like a moron. oh well at least we know players can come in with high skill moves and weak foot ability.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #63
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
after i got that 5 star skill move striker, i signed another 5 star skill CAM. then my game locked up and i didnt save like a moron. oh well at least we know players can come in with high skill moves and weak foot ability.
What are your scouts like? 4-5 stars I assume?

Hopefully, it will prove just about impossible to get that kinda player out of a 2-3 star scout. Else, what's the point of hiring the better ones...
Old 09-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #64
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

yeah they were mixed. all of them were 5 star judgement, but two were 3 star experience and one was 4 star experience. also the two players were from brazil if that matters at all. the 4 star LB was from france. my last scout was in england and didnt turn up anyone great as of yet.

one thing i have notice, is that my scouts will highly rate some players even though their projected skills were in the 70's. i didnt really think about it till now, but i wonder if the scout is scouting the skill star moves too even though we cant see them.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 09-26-2012 at 06:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »