Home

International Jobs

This is a discussion on International Jobs within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: International Jobs

so when you guys manage international teams... how do you go about picking your squad? Do you usually stick with younger players or go with the best options, or sort of mix it up?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0
I first decide how many players of each position I need (for example 2 LB 2 RB 3 CB etc.) and pick the best. If the best candidate is a youngster then so be it. When playing friendlies against low star teams, I pick the players that are good but not as good as the best. That way I can try everyone out and see who's playing style I prefer. I manage the Mexican team and even though I have 2 forwards that are rated over 80 OVR, I keep one of them on the bench and start a striker that is rated 70. The reason being that that guy terrorizes the other team's defense even though he's rated lower than others
Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 4

I guess another question is, when do guys usually stop playing internationally? I just took over Portugal, and Nani, Ronaldo, Pepe and a couple other guys are into their 30's (I think Nani is 29) so i'm really ambivalent about whether to select them or not. Ronaldo is a no brainier, and i'll still select Nani from time to time, but the other guys i'm not so sure about since I have a lot of younger players who i'd rather roll with.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterX1918
I guess another question is, when do guys usually stop playing internationally? I just took over Portugal, and Nani, Ronaldo, Pepe and a couple other guys are into their 30's (I think Nani is 29) so i'm really ambivalent about whether to select them or not. Ronaldo is a no brainier, and i'll still select Nani from time to time, but the other guys i'm not so sure about since I have a lot of younger players who i'd rather roll with.
When they no longer play at international level. Meaning its not about their age but more about if they still have the talent to compete. Zinedine Zidane was 34 when he played the 2006 World Cup and he was starter and captain with the French team
Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 8

I took the Ireland job at the end of January 2013 (halfway through the first season) ... I have two questions ...

(1) - I am not able to select the players on the roster. I thought that one of my jobs as an international manager was team selection. I can go to the "team management" area ... but this only shows me the current pre-selected roster. Are there time windows when I am allowed to make changes to the national team roster?

(2) - I have taken over as manager midway through the "World Championship" qualifying process. My group is [ England / Portugal / Turkey / Finland / Bulgaria / Ireland ] ... four (out of ten) matches have already been played, and Ireland are tied for second place (with Portugal) on 7 points (England are top of the table on 10 points). Do only the top two teams in the group advance to the World Cup (meaning that I would need to beat out either Portugal or England) ... or does the 3rd place team go to a home-and-home with another UEFA nation (like in real life)?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #62
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I took the Ireland job at the end of January 2013 (halfway through the first season) ... I have two questions ...

(1) - I am not able to select the players on the roster. I thought that one of my jobs as an international manager was team selection. I can go to the "team management" area ... but this only shows me the current pre-selected roster. Are there time windows when I am allowed to make changes to the national team roster?
I forget right now if there's a separate screen for you to do it, I think there is, because I put one of my youth squad players on it. If not, the game will prompt you to make national team selections prior to the cutoff date and will take you to the screen to do it.

Quote:
(2) - I have taken over as manager midway through the "World Championship" qualifying process. My group is [ England / Portugal / Turkey / Finland / Bulgaria / Ireland ] ... four (out of ten) matches have already been played, and Ireland are tied for second place (with Portugal) on 7 points (England are top of the table on 10 points). Do only the top two teams in the group advance to the World Cup (meaning that I would need to beat out either Portugal or England) ... or does the 3rd place team go to a home-and-home with another UEFA nation (like in real life)?

Thanks
Not sure, but I know I somehow made it into the top 2 with Spain finishing 3rd in my group, didn't see any headlines about their WC roster pop up either.

Hope that sort-of helps.

EDIT: My question would be, the more prestigious teams you coach, does that mean the better opportunities out of the gate for International positions? I coached 2 seasons at Celtic, and the best offer I ever received was from Scotland, which was after my first season and I took. I got bored real fast because their style and formation doesn't fit with how I play the game. Granted, sure it was Celtic, but I mean I did lead them to the final 4 of the Champions Cup my first year, then won it in my second.

Last edited by FSanchez12; 01-08-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
Has anyone gotten the US job yet, or any other big job. I simmed a few seasons in career mode and the best I have come across was the Columbia or Ireland job. Then again I was in the lower English leagues so definitely not complaining about it. Just wondering what it takes to get a higher job.
Somehow the US job was the first International position that was offered to me. I (Bob Marley) gladly accepted their offer. I was earlier being considered for the Egypt or Ireland position, but the US made the first offer.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:

!
It should be the option right on top of team management it will say team selection I think. I manage Mexico, so we don't have qualifiers for Mexico in FIFA 13, but if its handled like all the other tournaments, you can have to choose a set roster for that whole tournament. Once the tournament is over you can choose a different roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »