Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #25
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

For you guys who need a winger, you should try Wellington Nem, from Fluminense. He is not that expensive, has a lot of potential and is very talented. In 12, there was a CB called Simone Benedetti, from Gubbio, or Gobbio... i dont remember, but is a team from Serie B. Kid became the new Hummels.

For those interested in scouting young players, in 12, i had great success finding new stars. For technical strikers, search in Brazil, Argentina and Germany. For defenders, Italy, Côte d Ivoire, Germany and Belgium. For fullbacks, Cameroon, Nigeria, England France and Netherlands. For defensive midfielders, Argentina, Poland, Belgium, France and Ghana. For creative and technical midfielders, try searching in Brazil, Italy, Spain, Uruguay, England and France. Good GKs are the easiest to find, but the best are in Italy, Germany, Brazil and Denmark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #26
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117
decided to do one with southampton. signed GK jack butland from birmingham city (69 ovr, 85 potential) and LB martin olsson from blackburn (73 ovr, 83 potential) as my only 2 signings in the transfer window.

im only 3 games in so far in the first season. i beat man city in the opener 2-0. there was no score and i decided to take a chance with a long shot and scored to my surprise in the 77th minute and added another one before the game ended. of the 3 games ive played so far, man city was the easiest to play. they barely had any scoring chances, while i was getting a lot. they did start sinclair and atsu (new signing from porto) over nasri and silva, rodwell over javi garcia, and nastasic over kompany or lescott, i cant remember. but those moves were puzzling to me.

in the second game, i drew wigan 2-2. i was winning the whole game then wigan scored in the 88th and the 90th minute to tie it up. they were a tougher opponent than man city.

the last game i just played was against manchester united. i dont know how, but i pulled off a 1-0 victory by scoring a 90th minute goal. man u had so many scoring chances, they hit the post a couple times and my keeper made at least 3 miraculous saves. i still dont know how i won that game.

i have arsenal up next. the career mode is awesome this year and im having fun with it so far.
How do you know the potential for those guys?

My Career hasn't gone quite to plan yet, but it's early. I'm sitting in 8th with Hertha BSC in 2. Bundesliga. I'm doing a CM dynasty page (link in sig) if you want more info.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC

Last edited by gerg1234; 09-28-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
How do you know the potential for those guys?

My Career hasn't gone quite to play yet, but it's early. I'm sitting in 8th with Hertha BSC in 2. Bundesliga. I'm doing a CM dynasty page (link in sig) if you want more info.
i found out the potential from fifa fanatic
Old 09-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #28
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Working my way up the Liga Polska standings. After a rough couple of matches I've surged to 7th with L. Poznan after knocking off our rivals. L.Warska.

I'm having a blast playing this game!

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #29
Rookie

natey2k4's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How is your FIFA 13 Career Mode going?

Horrible because I can't even get into it (PS3). Game freezes as soon as I try to launch my career.

Any ideas to fix it?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #30
Rookie

EvolutionSn1per's Arena

OVR: 0

I just recently started a Manager Mode as Chelsea, and haven't made it very far yet. I signed Mats Hummels from Borussia Dortmund to strengthen our defence, and then I went on to win the first three matches:

Community Shield
Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City (Chelsea win 4-2 on penalties)

Premier League
Wigan Athletic 1-2 Chelsea
Chelsea 3-0 Newcastle United

I have a Capital One Cup match coming up against Leicester City, which I should win.
MLB - Detroit Tigers
NHL - New Jersey Devils
F1 - Red Bull F1 Racing
Old 09-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #31
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

Start a CM with the seattle sounders moved them to the EPL and started them in the Npower2 which i am walking through im 15-0-2. i created (myself) as a 17 year old striker rated as 65 speedster. currently i he has grown to a 69ovr. if it plays out like last years game ill breeze thur year one and then the work begins in Npower1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #32
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Started my annual Career Mode with AS Roma.

Recalled Bojan, Angel, and Borriello from loans. Placed Osvaldo on the transfer list and got an offer from a Ligue 1 side. I countered and they accepted. A week later I received an email that they could not come to terms and Osvaldo was back in the capital city.

Received a message from a young LB named Dodo that he wanted to play in the opening friendly against Frieburg from the Bundesliga. Put him in and he ends up with 7.6 rating.

Finished the 3 friendly games at 3-0-0 beating Frieburg 1-0 but had to withstand a furious late game rally. Beat Everton at Goodison Park 1-0 on Osvaldo's goal in the same week he returned to the club. In the final friendly beat Grenada 2-1.

It looks as if I will have to go with more of a youth movement type of strategy as Totti will retire at the end of his agreement and I'm also getting plenty of offers from elite clubs for DeRossi. It would be tough to let him go, but I have a young Greek CDM and Michael Bradley from the USA is just a beast and can bump anyone off the ball. The future of the team will be built around Bojan, Lamela, Pjanic, and the Greek.

The three games brought a good variety of play styles with Frieburg playing a more ball control style, Everton, a long ball and counterattacking style, and Grenada a more quick paced ball control style as well.

I drew 10 fouls against a clearly outpaced and outclassed Frieburg and 7 fouls against Everton who did a lot of chasing as I went to a Long Ball strategy mid way through the match. Grenada provided the biggest challenge as the held a 63-37 possession edge.

Passing percentages(CPU pass error at 95/First Touch at 75):

Frieburg 75%
Everton 68%.......lots of long balls
Grenada 81%

It's early, but man this game is goooooood!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »