Home

Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures

This is a discussion on Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by drews0322
Simmed it over 25 times, lost every time. Absolutely absurd.
Really can't believe that, sorry. There's an issue with the User-CPU gameplay, yes. But with sim engine as well? I highly doubt that.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #74
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I have to lol at the success of this thread, not something I would have anticipated when I originally posted it.

Bravo, FIFA-OSers.

Anyhow, I'm also curious if there's anything written in the code to give the Super Franchises more likelihood for success within Career Mode. I'm currently in my 6th season as Cardiff City and there have been times where I've thought, "No way would I be dealing with this crap if I had picked Arsenal for my career!"

Then again, I've got plenty of hardware. I've won each domestic cup once, been EPL champ once, and Champions League champ once.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Really can't believe that, sorry. There's an issue with the User-CPU gameplay, yes. But with sim engine as well? I highly doubt that.
You don't have to believe me, I understand why you wouldn't. But I assure you it happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

For every game that is fixed against you, there seem to be 2-3 that are fixed for me. I get irritated during the game and feel like throwing something. I usually keep an empty soda bottle near me or something so I can chuck it when the occasion calls for it. But once it's over, I'm glad that I had the challenge. Just yesterday, I inexplicably couldn't beat Sunderland even though I outshot them 12-3. They ran right by me every time they had the ball. It was pretty obvious I had no chance of winning. But I'd prefer that happen than what I experienced today where I started a new career as Dagenham & Redbridge and ManU couldn't do anything right in a 2nd round cup match and I won 2-0. Part of that was the awful cpu logic in winner-take-all cup matches where they go super aggressive the instant they get down a goal, but it was before halftime when I realized that I probably couldn't have lost that game if I tried.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #77
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
NHL 13 has something similar going on. In the final minute it is almost impossible to stop your opponent from scoring.

As for FIFA. I can not say I have seen this too much. Matter a fact the most disappointing game of the year for me so far was against Man U. I play as Manchester City but Mario was out injured. I ended up beating Man U by 4 goals!!! The largest margin of victory all season. They were horrible.
I still play FIFA 11 but I have a career mode as Hercules in the Spanish League and I beat both Real Madrid (on Legendary) and Barcelona by 3 or 4 goals every time but got destroyed by bottom feeders and have horrendously difficult games vs teams in the bottom half of the league.

This is an old problem and FIFA has had this since 11 I am pretty sure of it.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I've simmed enough games to know the sim engine is somewhat off, and that sometimes it gets a bit ridiculous and it seems a bit "predetermined" as opposed to being a true simulation. I've experimented by re-simming some of those games, and it may take me 6 or 7 times to win a match that a team would normally win 4 or 5 times out of 7 in real life.

Also, certain formations don't play nice when simming (for example the 4-3-3- false 9 I use when I play matches, it seems like it simulates like a 4-3-1-2 where the CF rarely scores, even if he's Messi - which that is exactly who it was. But when I switched to 4-3-3 with Messi as ST he scores buckets of goals when simulating)

And I've noticed when playing matches certain ones are a lot tougher to win, the game decides to give you a tough match for whatever reason. I play on world class (not sure if that matters, it's probably even worse on legendary). I wouldn't say they are "unwinnable", but you get cheap deflection goals go against you and balls bouncing miraculously to the CPU in threatening positions and stuff like that. You will hit the post a few times and the opposing GK will continue to make diving saves on shots that normally are in the back of the net.

Apologists will say "maybe your 12 shots are bad", but it will even happen when the majority of your shots are on target and are well placed where the CPU GK makes ridiculous saves (Ok 1 or 2 is believable, 7 or 8 of them in the same match is absurd)

And I've noticed it go the other way as well, where for some reason the game seems like a breeze and I dominate, my GK makes all the ridiculous saves and what not.

I still love career mode and I love the game, but there is definitely a lot of "funny business" going on sometimes.

Last edited by burth179; 05-31-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: adding a point
Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've been having a really bad problem with this all of the sudden. I'm playing as AS Roma, a 5 star team, and i'm playing a Europa league qualifier game against some team of nobodys from Switzerland, or Poland, or Belgium or something. I can't win this game. It's a must win game to make europa, and I can't win. I've played it about 4 times and I always get the same result: I lose 3-2, or I lose in penalty kicks. I try everything, but it's like the cpu is geared for me to lose this game despite my greatest efforts.

-I get about a dozen great looks, but the other teams GK plays phenomenally and the defenders make miraculous blocks, or my players just make bad shots for no reason (I play on WC with no assists). I've personally played some of my best offense, and it's never enough. I convert maybe 15% of my shots, and they're always good shots that are right in front of the goal with little defending. My players blow 100% of my breakaways, and the only time I score are on freak situations such as rebounds or catching players out of position. I can rarely generate a goal despite my best efforts.

-Through balls and crosses always fall flat, stray wide/long, or get wrapped up by the keeper.

-Corners and PKs never result in goals. Oh wait, that's right. The referee never gives me those calls. I've had instances where I get demolished with the ball and penalties are called againstme. It's baffling.

-I keep possession about 64-70% of the game. The few times the CPU manages to get the ball (usually because of dirty play or a freak erroneous pass), they go berserk. Their pace and strength go way up, outrunning my fastest players (Lamela) and out-muscling my biggest defenders (De Rossi). They execute about 90% of their shots and my keeper will never make a clutch stop.

-my players suddenly forget how to tackle. It's either my tackles miss completely, or my attempted tackle results in a heinous foul. If I try to tackle in the box 9/10 it will result in a PK.

-If I score a goal, they will find away to score, no matter what. I cannot stop them. The ball will glue to their feet, they will make miracle passes, they score goals from the strangest of angles... it's game over if it's 80+ minutes and I only have a 1 goal advantage. In 3 out of my 5 games they managed to score 2 goals in the last 10 minutes to take the victory. Every single time they at least tied and pushed the game to PKs.

I give up with this, it's insanely aggravating. I've tinkered with formations, tactics, styles of play, sliders, lineups, everything but game difficulty and nothing matters. I've been playing FIFA for about 3 years and i've never seen anything like this.

Last edited by MasterX1918; 06-04-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #80
Just started!

OVR: 10

Quote:
In the worst case this is very possible. Yesterday i had to sim ~ 7 times before i could West bromwich although my team was in form. though i hadn't beat them the 2 times i faced them in competition. i always lost by one goal difference too... until i finally beat them 2-2 and 5-4 in penalties

Thinking back i should've lost the game and done the Npower champ once more since i could really use a better team for the premier league but i really wanted to go up yesterday... Until i saw what management wants, first season in premiere league and it wants me to go to the champions league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »