Home

How's Your FIFA Career Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your FIFA Career Mode Going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #1857
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your FIFA 14 Career Mode Going?

So one of my starting CB's demanded a transfer but I got no offers for him in before the window so it will have to wait until the start of next season.

But as of now I need a replacement CB once I do have to sell him (He's my best CB unfortunately and young so I thought I'd have him for a while).

Anyway so this will be the start of the 2014/2015 season and I will have about 2M starting transfer budget if I had to guess, and he is worth about 4M as well so I should get close to that for the sale. I'm looking to maybe spend about half of that total budget at most on a new CB so that way I can still get some other targets.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking:
Enzo Andia (Strong and a great aerial threat for set pieces)
Jherson Vergara (Solid Columbian youngster with room to grow, I took management job with Columbia so I figured bringing in a player or two would be nice)

And then I'm also looking for more options if anyone has a suggestion beyond those.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #1858
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyb314
The first full season after the perk incident, I won the capital one cup (for our back to back titles), lost in the semi-finals of the FA cup, lost in the Qtr-finals of the euro league, and came in 10th in the PL. This season I'm half way through and I am 4th in the PL, lost in the semi-finals of the capital one cup, and still in the euro league and FA cup. I also have a solid attack in Neymar, Eden Hazard, and a youth player I got up to 90 overall and 97 speed. I got Neymar and Hazard through their expiring contracts. That's also amazing that you got an offer for a national team still in league 2, I didn't get an offer till my first year in the PL and it was for Bolivia. It's so annoying because at this point I just want to play international matches so that it gives me another thing to look forward to in CM.

Hmmm... The only thing I could think of is that the morale of your players affects receiving offers, so if you have any "unhappy" players that could be the reason why you're not getting offers. Other than that I don't know what to tell you :/

Yea I was surprised I had received an offer too. It's the only I've ever received in this career mode (currently in 1st season January) but it was a low level team. Can't remember which it was, something like India/Egypt/etc.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #1859
MVP

Becoming the Best

After a successful season for newly promoted Herta BSC the manager who got them to 11th place, Jos Luhukay has left his job to join Hertha's rivals Hamburger SV. The news were shocking for every Hertha supporter. The club got recently bought buy Kohlberg Kravis Roberts who will pump a bit of cash in their new investment. Their objective is to get the capital's club to challenge the best teams of Germany and then of Europe. The new coach however isn't a big name. Die Blau-Weissen have appointed the Bulgarian 36 years old Símeon Ganchév as their new manager. Ganchév's only coaching experience is from the Bulgarian champion Ludogorets.

"For me it is a great honour to be the manager of a team like Hertha BSC. Their fans are amazing and Berlin is a beautiful city. Even without the football. Ofcourse I will do my best and try to challenge BVB and Bayern München as fast as possible. Our target for this season is to qualify for Europa League. And it is possible with our great attack featuring Lasogga, Ramos and Ronny. The midfield is really capable and the defence is strong. Also the board has promised me about €60m to spend on transfers. I'll be probably mainly looking at young German talent."

The Stadium

Olympiastadion, Berlin

Since 1963, Hertha BSC has played its matches in Berlin's Olympiastadion, originally built for the 1936 Summer Olympics. As of the most recent renovations, the stadium has a capacity of 74,228 (extended: 77,116),[10] making it the second-largest stadium in Germany behind Borussia Dortmund's Westfalenstadion (82,932, including ~67,000 seats). The stadium underwent major renovations twice, in 1974 and from 2000 to 2004. In both cases, the renovations were for the upcoming World Cup. In the 1974 upgrades, the stadium received a partial roof. It underwent a thorough modernisation for the 2006 World Cup. In addition, the colour of the track was changed to blue to match Hertha's club colours. In addition to Hertha's home games, Olympiastadion serves as one of the home grounds for the German national football team, and it hosts concerts, track and field competitions, and the annual German Cup final. It was also the site for six matches of the 2006 FIFA World Cup including the tournament final. It will also host the 2015 Champions League final.

Notable rivalries:
Union Berlin
Hamburger SV

The Squad

Goalkeepers:

1. Thomas Kraft
22. Rune Jarstein
21. Sascha Burchert
35. Marius Gersbeck
37. Philip Sprint

Defenders:

28. Fabian Lustenberger
25. John Anthony Brooks
15. Sebastian Langkamp
6. Christoph Janker
3. Levan Kobiashvili
23. Johannes van den Bergh
32. Fabian Holland
2. Peter Pekarik
8. Marcel Ndjeng

Midfielders:

7. Hajime Hosogai
18. Peter Niemeyer
13. Per Ciljan Skjelbred
17. Tolga Cigerci
13. Jens Hegeler
12. Ronny
9. Alexander Baumjohann
34. Hany Mukhtar
10. Anis Ben-Hatira
26. Nico Schulz
14. Valentin Stocker
11. Sami Allagui

Strikers

20. Adrian Ramos
27. Pierre-Michell Lasogga
33. Sandro Wagner

Wow, that's a long post. I hope you enjoy the career! Feedback will be appreciated!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #1860
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
Hmmm... The only thing I could think of is that the morale of your players affects receiving offers, so if you have any "unhappy" players that could be the reason why you're not getting offers. Other than that I don't know what to tell you :/

Yea I was surprised I had received an offer too. It's the only I've ever received in this career mode (currently in 1st season January) but it was a low level team. Can't remember which it was, something like India/Egypt/etc.
Yea ill try and sell all my slow youth players that have high potentials (which consist of all of then because it seems that no youth players ever do sprints haha). Did you end up taking the job offer?
Old 06-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #1861
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbum06
Looking forward to watching this tomorrow. I love your video updates. I always watch them during work haha.
Thanks, means a lot!

Quote:
So one of my starting CB's demanded a transfer but I got no offers for him in before the window so it will have to wait until the start of next season.

But as of now I need a replacement CB once I do have to sell him (He's my best CB unfortunately and young so I thought I'd have him for a while).

Anyway so this will be the start of the 2014/2015 season and I will have about 2M starting transfer budget if I had to guess, and he is worth about 4M as well so I should get close to that for the sale. I'm looking to maybe spend about half of that total budget at most on a new CB so that way I can still get some other targets.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking:
Enzo Andia (Strong and a great aerial threat for set pieces)
Jherson Vergara (Solid Columbian youngster with room to grow, I took management job with Columbia so I figured bringing in a player or two would be nice)

And then I'm also looking for more options if anyone has a suggestion beyond those.

What do you guys think?
Take a look at John Anthony Brooks from Hertha Berlin, if it is early enough in your career mode he may not be too expensive yet and is really good with solid potential.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #1862
MVP

Good suggestion, I've bought him before in past careers and he is definitely solid on that back line. Plus I'm an American manager so it wouldn't hurt to bring some American players onto the team either.

That gives me 3 options now. I've decided that I might try to make a run at Suso for a RM so that will take up a lot of funds so I might end up with taking the cheapest of the bunch here.

It all remains to be seen how much I get from starting budget, sale of Insua, and any other players who may be sold. Next season is still 3 months away, but it's good to start planning now!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #1863
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Good suggestion, I've bought him before in past careers and he is definitely solid on that back line. Plus I'm an American manager so it wouldn't hurt to bring some American players onto the team either.

That gives me 3 options now. I've decided that I might try to make a run at Suso for a RM so that will take up a lot of funds so I might end up with taking the cheapest of the bunch here.

It all remains to be seen how much I get from starting budget, sale of Insua, and any other players who may be sold. Next season is still 3 months away, but it's good to start planning now!
you're doing a Deportivo career currently in Liga Adelante, right? If so, is it safe to assume you're looking for players rated in the high 60's, low 70's?

Spoiler
Old 06-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #1864
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
you're doing a Deportivo career currently in Liga Adelante, right? If so, is it safe to assume you're looking for players rated in the high 60's, low 70's?
Correct.

I'm sitting 2nd in the table right now so there is a possibility I may be playing in La Liga next season so I should of said that my pursuit of Suso will be dependent on that.

But as for CB I'm looking for guys in the range you described that have some room to grow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »