Home

FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #17
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360)

I 99.9% play the Become a Pro mode. (or whatever it's called)

In 14, PS3, the match rating was all over the place. It made no sense why you received a low or high rating.

What have any of you seen on player match ratings?
Old 09-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

A videoed one of my goal and that's what I'm talking about:

Legendary, 15 min halves, slow gameplay, and I set the CPU's...
-...Line Height: 30
-...Line Lenth: 40
-...Line Width 50

Oh, and that happened after 57 minutes and I lead by 4-2. It's absolute unplayable.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:06 PM   #19

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Definitely plays more like 13 than 14. It's harder to stop the CPU when they counter-attack. They just kind do what they want, and rip your defense to shreds; regardless of the talent levels of the teams/players.

Last year you could contain the counter attacks somewhat realistically, but now it's ridiculously hard. I'm averaging 5-7 tackles per game so far this year. Last year it was 15+.

The game does look better, though. They've toned down the harsh colors, and the lighting looks great during day games. The player models look way better too.

And I also think the shooting is better this year. Last year the dipping shots were OP and too easy to hit the target.

Last edited by dubcity; 09-25-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:00 AM   #20
Rookie

Okay, a get another release for xbox 360 and it's completely different from what I've linked above, so the game is okay now. Slightly different from 14, but playable, so I won't be complaining.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #21
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by emark182
How so on the glitch? I haven't used it yet, so just curious.

Overall I think the game is a nice upgrade from last year. The gameplay is tougher for sure, graphics are better, and the stadiums are nice. I like playing with the less known teams. The seats are hardly full. I am hoping that as the team gets better I fill out my 15,000 seat stadium.

Last night, I was actually outshot by my opponent. That hardly ever happened in 14. Also, it was pretty tough to get a good shot off as well. I am playing with a League 2 team, Plymouth Argyle, but even so, I felt like I needed to work a little better to get a good shot. Won my first match in league play 1-0; but lost the second in the Capital One Cup 3-1 to Reading, who I beleive is in the League 1.
I too was outshot in a 1-1 draw. Granted I still am not the greatest even after 5 yrs of FIFA like a beast. I play on pro sliders slightly favoring the cpu. Although the fact of being outshot and not being so good could be attributed to my choice in teams lol.

15 tho is definitely superior to 14, at least i feel it was worth the upgrade. A patch or two wouldnt hurt to tighten a few gameplay things up. But I have no issue playing in its current state.

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I've only got a little time with the game, but from what I am playing, the PC version is absolutely fantastic. It's the nex-gen that I always knew belonged to the PC, and it's here. The graphics are superb, the smooth gameplay and replay - dynamite.

Game definitely needs sliders, but not as much as 13 or 12 needed. I think so far it has some things that were missing from 14. For example, the CPU clears the ball more realistically (long ball, down the sides) if they're pressured well. There is also more sense of build up that you as the user must do, no more just turning and going at it.

All in all, sliders will make this game incredible. I haven't been a "first day" buyer for FIFA in a while - but I'm glad I did.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

I just picked the game up this morning/afternoon. Love it. The one thing in particular that I love seeing is the CPU defenders start to clear the ball out of bounds more when I am attacking. Since I really started following soccer this year, I noticed that this happened a lot but had never really seen it happen in FIFA.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:34 AM   #24
Rookie

2KUte's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I just picked the game up this morning/afternoon. Love it. The one thing in particular that I love seeing is the CPU defenders start to clear the ball out of bounds more when I am attacking. Since I really started following soccer this year, I noticed that this happened a lot but had never really seen it happen in FIFA.
You really have to earn your goals in this game because CPU defenders really do go hard to clear the ball even on Semi-Pro difficulty. Some of my old tricks from Fifa 13 simply don't work because the defense is so much more improved at reacting aggressively to clear the ball. I like that about this game so far. Goal keepers reactions are better as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »