Home

Orion523 FIFA 15 Full Manual Sim Slider Set

This is a discussion on Orion523 FIFA 15 Full Manual Sim Slider Set within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #25
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Orion523 FIFA 15 Full Manual Sim Slider Set

I've played 5 games with your sliders so far. I'm yet to see a single injury occur with them? Have you seen any?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #26
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrost32
Also i forgot to mention im playing on 15 minute halves.
15 min. halves I've found is just too long with this game.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #27
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv25man
Orion, we must be miles apart on skill level in FIFA 15. I'm getting drubbed with these. I can't hold Burnley, let alone a mid-level or top team.

I just quit a game Everton/Burnley down 3 at the half, outshot 9 - 1 and Burnley had 89% passing.

I'll give it another go tomorrow, but I might be begging for tips!
The game is just so much different than 14. At first the same thing was happening to me, finally though it clicked. Defending is now about angles, cutting of passing lanes, and patiently trying to get the ball back. Bad tackles are punished severely, as is getting out of shape. Its a much less forgiving system than 14 which IMO went too far the other way. Keep at it, watch how the CPU defends on replays, that's what helped me.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #28
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I've played 5 games with your sliders so far. I'm yet to see a single injury occur with them? Have you seen any?
We'll dial that in with time, no worries.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've seen players hurt, but no one forced to leave due to injury.

Also not seeing nearly as many fouls than what I'd seen on default pro or world class. Although, I do think that might be a function of how you play. I've been breaking the wings a lot and playing wide. Have seen a few fouls called on a shirt tug in those instances, which is very cool.

This is a good slider set. My issues going forward are the CPU marking and reactions jumping into passing lanes are really quick. Seems like every team is aggressively pressing. Makes it tough to kick it around the midfield or work it through the middle. Getting the ball wide to a quick winger is still far and away the best way to breakdown the defense.

With the CPU going forward, I love that they take chances, but the passing might be too high. I'm getting good possession stats, but the CPU is losing the ball through ill advised dribbling, rather than loose passing. Too often, lesser teams will put 8 to 10 ridiculous passes together to get a chance.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #30
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
15 min. halves I've found is just too long with this game.
Ya this is the first fifa im probably going to be playing 10 minute halves
Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #31
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

I am going to try these tonight. Been going full manual except shooting. Starting to get the hang of the passing, now we will see if I can get a shot near the goal when shooting manual lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #32
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Overall I love the pace of the game. After playing my first 5 games with about default, I couldn't go any longer doing so which made me happy that these sliders were released so soon. My issue is this. I am allowing massive shot totals. Teams, no matter what their rating is, are getting 20-25 shots off on me with 11-15 ending up on target. I know my defense needs work and I definitely feel the difficulty level is harder this year, but as the poster above me said it just seems like the weaker teams can move the ball around at will. I just feel like that's a ton of shots to be giving up to weaker teams.

Example 1: I was Chelsea playing at Newcastle. They had 24 shots with 11 on target. That just seems like a ton. I was up 2-0 about 35 minutes into the game due to some luck. They ended up tying it early in the 2nd half. Towards the end of the game all of a sudden Newcastle started playing for the tie (which is freaking awesome btw). They stopped their offensive pressure and started dropping their players back. That's when I started taking control of the game and it felt like how a real Chelsea vs. Newcastle game would play out. We ended up tied and I chose classic OT. I ended up scoring twice in OT due to Newcastle inviting pressure. The game just felt more realistic because the game was playing out how you'd think the two teams would play. I probably dominated too much but it was better than being out possessed and chanced to a team with way less skill. I know it can happen but Newcastle should beat me on the counter attack or by capitalizing on the few opportunities they have.

Newcastle isn't the only team to do this to me either. I've played worse teams than Newcastle and had the same results. Those games were not with these sliders though. Still it shows the direction of the game and how offense is the mindset of the teams you play.

To me I just think the strategies and tactics in this game play a massive role in how the CPU plays. All of the teams are so attack oriented which causes the string of passes that even less talented teams can pull off. Then based on the situation the CPU will adjust their strategy which is awesome to see. Don't get me wrong I love the challenge of the game, but at times it just seems like too much with the way the CPU plays. I've yet to try Pro difficulty but I just think that could be way too easy. World Class is ultimately the difficulty for me. The problem is I just don't really know enough about soccer to create custom tactics, but I do believe tactics would put this game over the top.

BTW I have never played on full manual because I'm just flat out not good enough. I play on Semi assist for passing and shooting and manual for lobs, crosses, etc. I can only imagine how good you full manual guys who use these sliders are. It blows my mind.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-24-2014 at 10:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »