Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-11-2015, 05:17 PM   #1753
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Diving deeper into the ini strings proves one thing unfortunately: The global sliders of FIFA interfere big time with team tactics and cpu build up play. This means that the sliders are useless because they have big impact on how the cpu plays. These are not NBA2k sliders. They are poorly implemented by EA because any change on them completely bypasses team tactics AND player individuality.
I was playing only with the pass speed at 40 (that's not a major change) and I noticed that most teams started to play the same way. I then returned it to the default setting and BAM! All the teams have again their own style of play and build up. At 40 they were too cautious playing mostly with ground passes. Here it is again a poor slider implementation by EA. The pass speed slider mentions below it that it only affects ground passes. That's wrong. It affects the speed of all passes and unfortunately it bypasses team unique passing approaches because it also bypasses player abilities! That sounds crazy but it's the sad truth.
Matt and Orion are doing a great job but as it is the game should be played with default sliders until EA fixes the whole thing. This is my observation ofc and my opinion. If someone observes something different we can discuss it.
We knew this since last year, and that is the reason last year thread had 500 pages of trying to get the game playing right and the improvements were absolutely minor (as this year's thread can attest with the initial comments of "fifa 16 is so much better, last year never felt right even with the sliders").

Almost Default is the way to go to get the best and most varied gameplay this game can offer.

Even if this slliders could fix the fundamentals (wich never did and im not seeing this year too) we would have a fundamentally equal game with every single team.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:41 PM   #1754
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

OVR: 0

I too have tried this default makes teams play correctly, I played Man City vs Arsenal & it was really tight, but Arsenal (cpu) did have 94% pass rate!!!!. Then played as Newcastle against Villa, closer game to what we see in real lifem both teams had a man sent off. I then decided to do Man Utd (me ) vs Watford & this happened a halftime on World Class: IMG_0133.jpg

I also played Set C as well Matt, they are good, but I'm not seeing cpu attack much untill I bumped run requency up to between 43/45, not sure which was best, they then attacked me a bit more.

**** I have no idea how I got picture sideways ****
Old 10-11-2015, 05:46 PM   #1755
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I've had pass error as high as 65 and the CPU still hits high 80's and 90's in accuracy. In other words, ignore that metric. It's completely unreliable and misleading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2015, 05:58 PM   #1756
Rookie

I've been playing my CM on default sliders today for the first time and I have to say, I'm enjoying the variety of play from the CPU.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #1757
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0tten123
After reading a few of the posts regarding default sliders I thought I would try something I left CPU at default and changed my sliders to set b and the games I played were very interesting I played man city ,palace ,Barcelona and hull and I found that they did actually play as they should

this could be the key to unlocking the sliders. leave the CPU at default right across the board (except maybe goalies ability & injuries) and then adjust the user sliders to give little boosts here and there to nullify a bit of the CPU overpowered-ness.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #1758
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Lol. Default, huh? Imagine that. So many things are a problem on default. I think a lot are starting to buy into what they want to see versus paying attention to what is fundamentally incorrect. That's just my personal opinion. That train won't last.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:23 PM   #1759
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
As you know, I'm definitely in favor of this. Once we have a solid base for a particular style game, why not label it and then post it. For instance, 10/4 can be named say, South American style set and today's can be named Champions League style Set. Or something like that lol.
Hey dude, that's a great idea.seriously. Then you could sticky it.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #1760
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Alright here is the thing guys. There is only ever one (1, singular) reason that Matt will ever appear to "freak out", "take something too personally" or "yell" at people in this thread. That reason is because you are posting something that does not matter.

That sounds mean but it isn't. Fifa is not perfect, no sports game is perfect, there are many things wrong with each sports game that users will never have any control over. Matt knows that, most of us know that, and sliders will not change it.

The entire purpose of this thread is to find the best workable slider set possible. Discussing .ini files and various frustrations about that game that we cannot control are irrelevant and completely useless, because it has nothing to do with the creation of a slider set. Using fifa 15 as an example; the computer was programed to dribble, always. Dribble and only pass the ball when they couldn't dribble any further, they would absolutely never pass the ball unless they had been closed down first. It was the way they were programed, and you couldn't do anything about it. You know what? Knowing that the CPU did that, had absolutely zero impact on the creation of a slider set, because once again; all we are doing here is modifying the EXISTING game to make it play the best we can make it play.

Having long discussions about programming just derails the thread and adds nothing to the creation of a slider set. This is why Matt gets annoyed when people say they don't like something, without offering an alternative for people to test out. Even if you typed 2 paragraphs about why you didn't like that line height, those two paragraphs were the same as just saying "I don't like that line height, eat my shorts".

I am just being blunt because Matt is too nice of a guy to ever be as blunt as he probably should, and also because maybe I am a little bit of a douche? HAH, it's because he's a Chelsea supporter amirite guys?

Don't get me wrong, I have had my fair share of posts that don't contribute. But there is a big difference between making a random comment bashing Arsenal to Kreb or Onedrop (i.e.; someone who knows me and knows I am just messing around), or even making an Arsenal comment to somebody that DOESN'T know me and can't take a joke (because I am a jerk), doesn't derail the thread even a third as much as a thesis statement on scripting will. This thread is just about making a good set of sliders, nothing more.

So, if you are about to make a 6 paragraph post about momentum; the best thing you can do is actually not do that at all, and think of something else instead that will actually be useful and not make you look like a complete helmet. I love all of you guys, but sometimes you guys are helmets.

Don't be a helmet, just make a post about sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »