Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #3153
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

what are matt 1.4 sliders set?

and important question, on the 1st page, what does it mean removed past patch update sliders set? should we go back to the set D from 11/06/15 ???

many thanks in advance
Old 12-01-2015, 09:47 AM   #3154
MVP

OVR: 0

So whats the most updated sliders atm for update 1.04?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2015, 10:09 AM   #3155
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
So whats the most updated sliders atm for update 1.04?

From what I understand there's not really a set yet. Matt still needs to explore line settings and see where that goes. The update kinda brought everything back to the beginning. It's frustrating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #3156
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleOfEden
From what I understand there's not really a set yet. Matt still needs to explore line settings and see where that goes. The update kinda brought everything back to the beginning. It's frustrating

Ahh yeah am trying it out now felt better before i think not sure yet tho ive only moved line length and sprint accel pass speed pass error that about it cpu feels even more op in passing than before annoying lol

Old 12-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #3157
Rookie

Sorry, this year still I can't have a good experience with these sliders (SET D patch 1.04).

I'm playing at WC with FULL manual (also the passes) and tactical defense.

I checked my players individually but every player can do every match 7/10 passes max, CPU's players can do 15/30 passes for match.

Every match I can do 5/6 shot against CPU that can do 20/30.

Most of my passes are stopped by the nearest CPU's player.

Can't make first touch passes because they are too slow.

CPU makes Tiki Taka and extraordinary precise passes in the area.

CPU always scores under the 7 with wonderful shots.

When I'm in front of the keeper, he always can stop the ball standing.

Maybe it's a my personal problem or maybe there is a very much difference playing full manual or with semi stuffs.

I know, probably it seems too lazy when I say that I can have good games just at PRO mode raising the power of the CPU (I mean that I see realistic games, as I watch on television, with a lot of holes, errors, strange things and else). I'm not the best of the players but I'm not also so bad. I play this game for years.

At WC I really can't see realism, I just see perfect players that make perfect everything. Perfect passes, perfect shots, perfect dribbling. In the reality most of the times real players make errors. What prevents every match to finish with goleada are the tactics, the strategy and the marking.

Not my intention to criticize, just I can't understand. I would like to understand if it is only a my personal problem or if someone else see the same things that I noticed.

Excuse me for my post but I think that every experience (from good one to bad one) and every though could be useful for making this game better.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #3158
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmiddyyy
Sprint Speed- 40/40
Acceleration- 49/48
Shot Error- 55/55
Pass Error- 55/55
Shot Speed- 51/51
Pass Speed- 40/40
Injury Freq - 66/66
Injury Severity- 40/40
GK Ability- 10/10
Marking- 50/50
Run Frequency- 10/10
Line Height- 50/50
Line Length- 45/45
Line Width- 55/55
FB Positioning- 50/50
FT Control- 50/50

So i think this works verky good for me. I play on Legendary Semi passing, manuell the rest with Tactical defendig.
This is what I'm going to post as the current test set.

Things to look out for, and adjust accordingly:
  • CPU Directness (forward passing)
  • User defense backing off/turning around
  • Overall chaotic pace of play
  • Defenders not meeting attackers at all.

I will update the OP.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #3159
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

12/1/15: SET D as a base will not work for this patch update. The patch update 1.04 has resulted in much more direct play by the CPU (like it did in FIFA 15 for legendary difficulty), which is going to take a bit of an overhaul.

Things to look out for, and adjust accordingly:
  • CPU Directness (forward passing)
  • User defense backing off/turning around
  • Overall chaotic pace of play
  • Defenders not meeting attackers at all.

SET F
Sprint Speed- 40/40 - Just following the consensus of the majority's enjoyment of lower Sprint speed, but not so low jogging animation dominates.

Acceleration- 49/48 - Early testing on this, but Reaper discovered that a discrepancy in favor of the User does not result in bursting, or dominating the CPU through dribbling. You will be able to get past the CPU with the proper players and their ratings - but no, do not take your CB and hope to shred the CPU's defense. The value of 50/49 works well as well. The only reason we are at 49/48 is simply for the fact testing is so early and it was noticeable that the user's players were more "within themselves" defensively. Meaning they were not over pursuing angles, and not over-committing positions throughout the match. The jury of course is still out.

Shot Error- 55/55 - Personal preference, but have not had many complaints. If I could sell this I would pay attention to the shot variety from the CPU and user. Before there was mention that the CPU doesn't use finesse shooting, well now you see it quite a bit - and some of the close chances are breath-taking to watch at times. No professional football player can strike the ball perfect, everytime. Look on youtube and find your favorite player, and you will find them with blooper reels a plenty.

Pass Error- 55/55 - Seems to be the majority's vote here as it still allows missed passes, but not so impactful on crosses. Does attribute, obviously, towards passing percentages being high - but it's tough call as without it the CPU does not seem to threaten the user.

Shot Speed- 51/51 - Relevant to the GK ability being lower, this allows a little bit more of a dynamic save mechanic with deflected balls versus just cushioned saves or even cushioned diving saves, etc. A hard shot should be met with a hard deflection, depending on shot location of course.

Pass Speed- 40/40 - Jury is still out on this, testing has not been done on higher levels for too long, so still wanting to explore a bit here. OP drilled passing is not as apparent this patch because the animation is much smoother than before (camera keeps up with pass), but the thought pattern is the lower pass speed may allows the CPU's direct attack to be contained slightly.

Injury Freq - 66/66 - No changes here, have not done any research/testing.
Injury Severity- 40/40 - No changes here, have not done any research/testing.
GK Ability- 10/10 - Found that 10 is right in the sweet spot of allowing shots to go in, but also allow the keeper to make reaction saves which are indicated by the animation of the ball not hitting their hands at times. In addition it makes the reactions look less predictable whereas on higher values before the keepers hands would come up the second the shooter made contact with the ball, before direction was even established.

Marking- 50/50 - Jury still out here. Trying to figure out what is the balance between proper pressure/coverage and the thresholds of ADD (Attention Deficit Defending, where the players are trying to mark those around them versus the ball carrier when needed).

Run Frequency- 45/45 - Still exploring here as well. Before the patch, the value did work towards the run amounts (frequency), but also the run types (check to the ball, runs away from the ball, streaks, diagonal runs, etc). This recent patch update, however, seems to only push towards the run amounts. This makes players looks more stagnant than before when the values are lowered. Again though, still researching - so these initial findings could be off the mark.

Line settings have to compliment several other values, from Sprint, Accel, Marking, Run Frequency and FB Positioning.

Line Height- 50/50 - Still researching here as well. The higher the height, the defensive line is still not meeting the attackers. This is public enemy #1 that creates a chain reaction of issues.

Line Length- 45/45 - Same here, still researching. Increasing the length has resulted in very large gaps that makes the matches heavily end-to-end based, without any proper build up. The CPU, for example, sends the ball up to the forward and the forward turns on a dime to face the defensive line that is still has 3-5 yards to make up to meet him. Lowering the value may be the answer, but there are some issues such as improper field coverage/pressure that can arise from there. It's all a matter of finding what is going to compliment these line values.

Line Width- 55/55 - Width is a tricky value as well because this patch update is bringing in the FBs to overlap even further than before. This is pushing the outside midfielders to the sidelines by default, and not tucking inside, or just slightly out, of the box properly. This creates a misleading amount of players defending inside the box - which just makes the whole experience slightly off because the midfielder seems to be oblivious to what is going on inside the attacking area.

FB Positioning- 50/50 - Still researching here as well. In the past we'd give a bump to FB, but with the way the patch is working - it may need to go lower. Of course, it's relative to run frequency and line settings, so it could be a sensitive value to adjust on its own.

FT Control- 50/50 - This patch update has created much more bad touches than before, even on 50. Increasing the value has always seemed to backfire as the CPU tends to play "hot potato" and the user end up having more Loose Ball ADD (where they continue running, despite the ball being an inch away). Jury is still out, but Reaper's finding to keep it at default has seemed to lessen the loose ball ADD. It was tested as well on values of 1/1 that seemed to have lessened the effect. Of course, this needs to be looked at as the patch has already, clearly, produced some forms of placebo effects

*PowerBar is personal preference*

Last edited by Matt10; 12-01-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:26 AM   #3160
MVP

Played afew games of set f and the passing of cpu is well op i think like every pass it will go to there player even if they miss hit it it still goes to them and my defenders just cannot keep up with them or get near the ball lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »