Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 07:48 AM   #1521
Rookie

Valisen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
I have more info, Patch has been released on PC.....PlayStation 4 and Xbox are due at a later date:

Addressed the following in gameplay:

A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance.

A rare situation where the penalty shootout should have ended earlier.

Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.

An issue where players sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move.

Increased the chance of error from ground crosses (triple tap).

Improvements to ball physics where shots off the goal posts lose too much speed.

Goalkeeper positioning for corner kicks.

Improvements made to player switching from corners and free kicks.

An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.

Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.

General fixes for player controlled celebrations.

Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.

Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.

Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.

n Career mode, we:

Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/di...pdate-1#latest

Potentially a decent update. Some of those fixes could really improve gameplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 07:50 AM   #1522
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Non-slider post (sorry)

Is anyone having trouble with clearances? specifically crosses into box, from the wings or corners, My trouble is this... ball whipped in > hits my defender in the chest > tap in for the CPU

It's happening every game, I've tried using different buttons for the clearance or timing it better but no such luck, My defenders are obsessed with chest control. Any help appreciated!
Yes, i complained about it a few times here, although not really slider related. In my case, im even seeing a lot of own goals.

But look at the PC patch notes:

An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance

I think itīs exactly the problem we are facing! Itīs (hopefully) solved with the patch!

A couple more things it caught my eye in the patch notes:

- Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.

Itīs a very "generic" fix, doesnīt really go on to detail, but if it means CPU shooting more, perfect!

- Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks

I seem to score a lot of goals from corners, in 8 CM games Smalling alone has 4 goals from corners and i scored a couple more with other players, so maybe this will tone it down...

- Improved the general responsiveness of shooting

Never felt this was a problem, but if itīs more responsive itīs ok i think.

- Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench

This alone will make me start my CM again. Hated to play against teams and see, usually, the best CF on the bench and being subbed at the 70th minute...

Many good things, but not a single word about the bursting problem... this actually surprises me a bit.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:03 AM   #1523
Rookie

The patch...

someone already called Matt on the red phone ?
Old 10-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #1524
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

Spoiler

An own goal actually prompted me to post, and I know I aimed it in the opposite direction!

I agree, Many good things in the patch notes and hopefully implemented correctly, EA have a habit of changing the gameplay and not mentioning them in the patch notes, so I'm still hopeful re: the bursting

The PC guys hold all the cards currently
Old 10-14-2016, 08:22 AM   #1525
Rookie

Feedback from a Player Lock player...

Using Set 3 with most recent tweeks being tested plus a couple tweeks of my own to encourage scoring. This is by far the best set yet. Much more dynamic play from AI (both for my team and opponents). Driven passes, crosses, lobs, backheels, slide tackles, diving headers.

All while keeping the aggression of the opponent. In fact, it's amped up the speed of play and the exertion of the players. I always used to be the most tired guy on the field at the end of the game - now most everyone else is more fatigued than me. So extreme fatigue now becomes a factor. The game is now free flowing back-and-forth, so it feels more like a hockey game, but that's not a bad thing in a compressed 30 minute match. Keep up the great work to Matt and all testers.

Last edited by emmydogud; 10-14-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: edit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #1526
Rookie

Quote:
Non-slider post (sorry)

Is anyone having trouble with clearances? specifically crosses into box, from the wings or corners, My trouble is this... ball whipped in > hits my defender in the chest > tap in for the CPU

It's happening every game, I've tried using different buttons for the clearance or timing it better but no such luck, My defenders are obsessed with chest control. Any help appreciated!
It might be that the patch notes will help with the challenge you are facing but as I am not experiencing this, I can only advise you on what I do.

You need to hold down L2 for positioning and press the clearance button (Circle on PS4). Pressing clearance after the cross is shot is important for responsiveness. Sometimes you need to release and press again quickly the L2 if you've noticed the opponent has got better position and is keeping it easily (this comes with practice). You can also pass of course, if you spot a teammate and you have this mastered.

Of course you have to look at the opponent to see when they are about to cross but I don't think they are able to do the animation and cross THAT fast that you don't have time to react. Basically, the moment you see (or even hear) the ball being kicked for a cross, L2+Circle (Left stick towards the ball helps a lot too)

If none of this helps, then maybe you are experiencing a bug that I haven't seen, sorry.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:14 AM   #1527
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

A patch update? Great. Good thing I didn't post any tweaks to Set #3 yet.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:22 AM   #1528
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
A patch update? Great. Good thing I didn't post any tweaks to Set #3 yet.
G..d..., here we go again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »