Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2016, 01:45 AM   #3305
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

2 games in, here's some detailed thoughts. (Both of these games were pre-season tourney, which we know can be a bit different, but still...observations)

Speed: I feel like the speed at 50 is certainly better than it used to be, but it feels too fast to me. There's not enough start/stop, just whenever either team gets the ball it's a lot of forward/forward go go go.

Shooting: Speed of the shot is fixed/better...they all feel dangerous. The CPU has shot the ball a LOT so far in my 2 games (49 shots/16 on target in 2 games...lost by a combined score of 4-0). Not all the shots are on target, as is obvious by the above, but they just don't stop shooting. There are way too many shots outside the box too, like the last patch, which may be inflating the total since the CPU isn't actually working the ball into the box.

Passing: 48 feels okay, but I still feel like the speed of the passes could go down. I'm still noticing the driven pass, and I think this is connected to how fast the game feels in general. Pass accuracy is better, though.

Fouls: Mixed bag in my 2 games. Game 1 had just 2, game 2 had 17 (!!!!). Physicality is certainly there, though, and that's great.

Goalies: Animations look generally better, but still feel like they are a little bit too good. They dive at weird angles occiasionally.

Marking/tackling: Holy cow, it's suction cup tight. This is my biggest worry, tbh, as I have had literally NO SPACE anywhere on the pitch. I had chances on goal, but only 2 of them felt dangerous in 2 games. Their tackling is even more perfect than before because of just how perfect their marking and positioning is. Clearly they are still committing fouls, but most of the time they are dispossessing me at an alarming rate.

Positioning/Shape: I'm not great at noticing these things, but seems good to me. Still noticing the striker slipping too far back behind the midfield but this isn't as bad as it used to be. Definitely noticed the FB's going a bit too far up, especially the FB I told to 'stay back while attacking'. I don't play with a CDM so I can't tell you how his positioning is.

Injuries: on 50/50, I had 1 injury for 4 weeks (knee sprain), and 1 injury that he walked off and was fine.

Overall: It's HARD. I'm certainly happy with a lot of the small changes...a lot of it feels a few tweaks away from being right. I think sprint speed, pass speed, and MAYBE acceleration can use with a bit of a decrease. I think shot error and pass error can both go up slightly. Not sure on shot speed/GK yet...and I kind of think marking could go down a bit too. I want to get more games in with the near default settings to truly see, but those are my thoughts from my first 2 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 03:02 AM   #3306
LS6
Just started!

Started a new CM with Liverpool last night and played a pre-season tournament, all on default bar Pass Speed 48/48.

Really enjoyed it; beat Roma and Villarreal with late goals and got to face Barça in the final. Went 1-0 and 2-1 up but they really came at me late on to equalise. Lost on penalties after missing them all

On the injury front, lost Henderson to an ACL injury and is out for 8 months!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2016, 08:17 AM   #3307
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Sounds like, overall, the reviews are mixed. The main stand out is the speed of the game?
Old 11-16-2016, 08:18 AM   #3308
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Sounds like, overall, the reviews are mixed. The main stand out is the speed of the game?

Yeah pretty mixed lol speed and fullbacks in my opinion and cb over marking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2016, 08:19 AM   #3309
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Hello, I have a short question become injuries as in real jetz, also in Fifa 17 Considered if one kader actualization makes, and new career begins or counts only for online .... ??
Old 11-16-2016, 08:29 AM   #3310
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I figured you were lurking--taking in all the feedback. I would agree in that the reviews seem mixed.

My (single--mind you) game had 7 goals. But, it's real life fixture had the identical scoreline. I had a bit of everything. 13 total fouls, a red card, 2 missed penalties, 1 made penalty. Good crossing (not OP). Overall good positioning (again, not the most trained eye on this).

All in all, it would be easy for me to say that it played well enough to wrap up my testing and start a CM.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:55 AM   #3311
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityy
2 games in, here's some detailed thoughts. (Both of these games were pre-season tourney, which we know can be a bit different, but still...observations)

Speed: I feel like the speed at 50 is certainly better than it used to be, but it feels too fast to me. There's not enough start/stop, just whenever either team gets the ball it's a lot of forward/forward go go go.

Shooting: Speed of the shot is fixed/better...they all feel dangerous. The CPU has shot the ball a LOT so far in my 2 games (49 shots/16 on target in 2 games...lost by a combined score of 4-0). Not all the shots are on target, as is obvious by the above, but they just don't stop shooting. There are way too many shots outside the box too, like the last patch, which may be inflating the total since the CPU isn't actually working the ball into the box.

Passing: 48 feels okay, but I still feel like the speed of the passes could go down. I'm still noticing the driven pass, and I think this is connected to how fast the game feels in general. Pass accuracy is better, though.

Fouls: Mixed bag in my 2 games. Game 1 had just 2, game 2 had 17 (!!!!). Physicality is certainly there, though, and that's great.

Goalies: Animations look generally better, but still feel like they are a little bit too good. They dive at weird angles occiasionally.

Marking/tackling: Holy cow, it's suction cup tight. This is my biggest worry, tbh, as I have had literally NO SPACE anywhere on the pitch. I had chances on goal, but only 2 of them felt dangerous in 2 games. Their tackling is even more perfect than before because of just how perfect their marking and positioning is. Clearly they are still committing fouls, but most of the time they are dispossessing me at an alarming rate.

Positioning/Shape: I'm not great at noticing these things, but seems good to me. Still noticing the striker slipping too far back behind the midfield but this isn't as bad as it used to be. Definitely noticed the FB's going a bit too far up, especially the FB I told to 'stay back while attacking'. I don't play with a CDM so I can't tell you how his positioning is.

Injuries: on 50/50, I had 1 injury for 4 weeks (knee sprain), and 1 injury that he walked off and was fine.

Overall: It's HARD. I'm certainly happy with a lot of the small changes...a lot of it feels a few tweaks away from being right. I think sprint speed, pass speed, and MAYBE acceleration can use with a bit of a decrease. I think shot error and pass error can both go up slightly. Not sure on shot speed/GK yet...and I kind of think marking could go down a bit too. I want to get more games in with the near default settings to truly see, but those are my thoughts from my first 2 games.
This sounds pretty much my same experience too. I've played about 5 games in different test CM's, lost 4 and drew 1. Overall the CPU in 3 games was nonstop pressure for the whole game and thru the 5 games they probably averaged 25 shots per game to my 7/8. I never felt like I had time or space on the ball and the games were just way too fast. I agree there are some great new animations and the deflections are certainly much better but speed, time and space on the ball and no 90 minute CPU pressure are the things that need to be looked at for me. Sometimes I read other people's comments saying how the game is great and I think oh well I must be a crap player but I don't think I'm THAT bad. Oh and as for penalties, I'm with JHedges, I've missed every single one with this new system!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 09:39 AM   #3312
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
Oh and as for penalties, I'm with JHedges, I've missed every single one with this new system!
Good grief mate they are so hard!

I either hit a dribbler that barely makes it to the GK, or send Row Z a souvenir. The 'stick' seems amazingly sensitive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »