Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #4497
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
How's the unnecessarily long time which the winger takes realistic at all? when he's patiently awaiting to take action with a wide perimeter of free space around him, as if he's being closely marked?

Right after having controlled the ball, he should've bombarded forward!

Seriously, are you going to pretend that you have no clue of how wingers generally will react in such scenarios?

That baffles me.

How many metres is the defender removed from him?
3?
And yet he stays in his place until the defender meets him?
What's that all about?

Aren't coaches always vehemently stressing how important it is for defenders to stay close to their man?
Unless it pertains to other situations in which zonal marking is a necessity of course.

in the second clip, around the 15th second, the winger had become entirely free to speed towards the backline yet he didn't, once more exemplifying the programmed tendency of AI to not capitalize on the user's mistakes, as even though you had been defending quite well up to then, around the 15th second you definitely did make a mistake in marking which should and would've been punished by a winger's sprint pastcha.

(mind you, i also often make such mistakes in defending, so i'm not hypocritically working with double standards here)

Again, third clip, any sensible winger (even of League 2) who would be allowed so much free space to make an action would either run towards'ya and attempt to make a dribble pastcha, or he would at a slow pace close the distance in order to either break away in a fast-paced turn, or would come atcha in order to lure you out of position so as to create free space behind your back.

All these examples which you've provided that are supposed to testify to the 'right behaviour' of the AI are actually quite counter-effective and to my amazement demonstrate a blindness on your behalf which i would not expect of such an expert in this field.

If they see an opening?!
How's 3 meters in between the attacker and defender?
How's that for an opening?

Djeeez.
It's not perfect, but seeing more animations like that are good. Yes, the CPU can attack a bit more aggressively, but it's a start. The 3rd clip is the one that makes the most sense to wonder why they are giving that much space, the other 2 are fine because there are defending players in good positions.

Again, it's just animations that we are looking at. More animations like these, and it's on the right track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendinho58
No worries Matt. Keep going. I've not got time to do much testing so I just like to grab them and play for the couple of hours the wife and kid are out and then the next time I get back and play I totally forget about slider changes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Operation Sports mobile app
My kids finally passed out (been a sick weekend for them), so I've got some time to test. Will be streaming here on Twitch shortly as well.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #4498
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Streaming now actually:

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Old 02-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #4499
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

@bigdawg1690

Tried the possession tactic against Atl. Madrid, and Griezman. Before the switch, he was constantly just dribbling right at 1 or 2 of my players, getting tackled the majority of the time. He had teammates open, but just wanting to keep dribbling right at my players. Made my tackling quite easy. At one point, I switched the CPU to the possession tactic and instantly he started to pass the ball off more often. He took my players on, but only one player, and when support showed up, he passed it off.

I only had a little bit of time to try to isolate the Tactic value that may have been helping this, so went with "speed" at 1, and that didn't help. The reason I'd want to look to see if the CTT's could still be used is because the defensive attitude of the Possession Tactic is a bit contained for Atl. Madrid.

Eitherway, for those that are seeing this constant dribbling by the CPU, the possession tactic works, and according to @bigdawg1690 the other ones work as well, except for actually customizing the default tactic (CTTs).

Something to look at, but good find nonetheless. Hopefully more can try it out as well, and report back. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #4500
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

A big part of the frustration I'm having with the "feel" in this game is public enemy #1...the ball size:

Thanks to @dmendenhall for the screenshot

Old 02-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #4501
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone else having massive injury problems with latest update/slider set? Sprained ankles every game :C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2017, 10:58 PM   #4502
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman19
Anyone else having massive injury problems with latest update/slider set? Sprained ankles every game :C
Who are you playing with?

Just curious because I haven't noticed any difference with my Arsenal career, but started a Cheltenham one as well and have had quite a few injuries.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-20-2017, 01:36 AM   #4503
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
A big part of the frustration I'm having with the "feel" in this game is public enemy #1...the ball size:

Thanks to @dmendenhall for the screenshot

Found a personal workaround for this: use a different ball such as Glider or Derbystar. Any ball that shows the true rotation of the ball seems to be key. With the balls that are more white, the engine blends them in anyways, so the fact that all the balls are so small, gets even more apparent when those white balls are in motion. Makes it look like a size 4 ball.

I find the glider and derbystar look great and I can actually appreciate the game a lot more than before. So, if anyone has the same annoyance, try that out and let me know what you think.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:03 AM   #4504
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Found a personal workaround for this: use a different ball such as Glider or Derbystar. Any ball that shows the true rotation of the ball seems to be key. With the balls that are more white, the engine blends them in anyways, so the fact that all the balls are so small, gets even more apparent when those white balls are in motion. Makes it look like a size 4 ball.

I find the glider and derbystar look great and I can actually appreciate the game a lot more than before. So, if anyone has the same annoyance, try that out and let me know what you think.
I've been using the Adidas Torfabrik, You can see it on my streams from last night

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »