Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #641
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
FIFA 16 AI: pass pass pass pass, out wide, pass, SPACE FOR A SHOT ! ...pass pass pass pass, SPACE FOR A SHOT! ... pass pass pass, Human defending error, AI SHORT RANGE SHOT! GREAT SAVE BY THE KEEPER! AND AI SCORE THE REBOUND TAP IN!!!
This made me laugh.. So true. Even with how good we tuned this game up last year, this was still 80% of my goals conceded.

Pretty eager to try these updates. It is so strange how my fouls have dried up seemingly out of nowhere. I LOVE to take free kicks, and BVB have a number of great options for this. Tackle numbers are excellent for both teams, that dang ref just won't blow the whistle!

One question, while lowering shot speed, should we consider a GK reduction as well? Maybe even just for the human user. It seems the CPU does need a little boost in their attack... They are getting chances, creating beautiful attacks but just not putting it in the net. I do need to consider I am using BVB who are head and shoulders above almost every opponent. I think a 49/50 ACC change will help them out also. Too many instances of me tracking down speedy wingers with Bender/Bartra/Sokratis at CB.

The passing has been sublime. I know for certain the % at end of game are off. It seems they are correct at half, then not at the end. Almost every game I have the CPU in the 60's 1st half yet they finish at 80%. And I know they weren't completing the 15-20 passes in row consistently that would increase the % by that large a margin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #642
Just started!

OVR: 0

* Player Career Mode / Player Lock sliders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasnake
Can you post the slider set for this one? Sorry if you already posted, i just don't remember seeing it

Yeah man of course. I find the hard part is balancing the abilities of the user cpu and opposition cpu players, it took me a long time last year to get it as good as I could and I'm sure it will be the same this time!

I tend to follow the settings posted on here for the positioning sliders and over time tweak the other settings to get it as enjoyable as I can. It would be great to have more people's opinions on Player Lock mode this year!

These are my settings today...

10 min halves, World Class

Sprint Speed 47/47
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 47/47
Pass Error 52/52
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 45/45
Injury Freq 20/20
Injury Sev 50/50
Goalkeeper 40/40
Marking 45/76
Run Freq 50/50
Line Height 68/68
Line Length 40/40
Line Width 70/70
Fullback Pos 60/60
First Touch 65/65

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 01:25 PM   #643
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Spot on. I CAN play with it--but feel at a definite disadvantage due to depth perception.

It does look so good though, lol.
Yeah there's less pitch coverage too, so you get blind spots. Coop is much better for playing I think. If only you could play in coop and record in broadcast?
Old 10-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #644
MVP

OVR: 6

FIFA 16 default, Height 3 Zoom 20 works quite well. Its a bit closer than the COOP cam. Just wish it'd zoom a bit closer when the ball is on the far side, but overall gives me a good look of the players/skill moves, but also allows me to see the majority of the pitch.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #645
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySizzler

Yeah man of course. I find the hard part is balancing the abilities of the user cpu and opposition cpu players, it took me a long time last year to get it as good as I could and I'm sure it will be the same this time!

I tend to follow the settings posted on here for the positioning sliders and over time tweak the other settings to get it as enjoyable as I can. It would be great to have more people's opinions on Player Lock mode this year!

Sprint Speed 47/47
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 47/47
Pass Error 52/52
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 45/45
Injury Freq 20/20
Injury Sev 50/50
Goalkeeper 40/40
Marking 45/76
Run Freq 50/50
Line Height 68/68
Line Length 40/40
Line Width 70/70
Fullback Pos 60/60
First Touch 65/65

Oh forgot to add, I'm currently playing The Journey, I've no idea if this plays exactly the same as Player Career Mode or not!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #646
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
Finally got to play some games with the full Set 2 (lower sprint/acc setting) today and as I expected it was mostly favourable.

Playing as Everton my first game was home against Stoke and I was able to move the ball around nicely with plenty of time on the ball and use a nice patient build up. Certainly felt nice being able to spray the ball around and pressing wise was quite realistic as the cpu just let me play sideways and backwards passes as much as I wanted but pressed hard as soon as I started moving forwards. Stats were pretty realistic although there was still too few fouls and offsides. Game ended with a 1-0 win.

In the next game against Sunderland I was away and this time I wasn't given nearly as much time on the ball as you'd expect so there are certainly signs that teams are playing different styles. Game finished 2-2, I led both 1-0 and 2-1 and Sunderland played more directly when behind. Incidentally both Sunderland goals were headers from crosses so I am not seeing any problem with cpu crossing.There were no fouls or offsides though.

During the course of the two games I became aware of a couple of things. I felt the teams had a bit too much width and it was difficult to take on the full backs on the outside and it left a little to much room to cut in. Everton have very quick wingers and fullbacks so this may not be so pronounced with other teams. The teams also seemed a little stretched width ways and I wondered if this was not helping the foul count. Also I felt the FB was too close to the winger on occasions, especially when defending. This may though be due to the player instruction being set to always overlap.

Other than that things felt ok.

In a bid to rectify this I dropped the width down to 65 and also reintroduced the 1pt discrepancy for line length from the early tests meaning USER is on 40 and CPU is on 39. I also increased the FT error to 70.

My next two games were at home to Middlesbrough where I was surprisingly beaten 3-1 but there was a lot more physicality and fouls got into double figures. Both sides registered offsides.

The possibly most interesting results though were my next game which was once again against Sunderland away in the EFL Cup. This time CPU received 4 yellow cards and one red and also gave away a penalty. I received 2 yellow cards. There were numerous offside calls. Remember just 2 games ago the same 2 teams in the same conditions (night game/rain) had produced 0 fouls, cards or offsides. Of course this may be down to the referee but it might be worth looking at.

Injuries wise I have no idea .... 5 games into the season I have already has 2 broken ankles. a couple of 3 week injuries and numerous matchday ones. In the game against Middlesbrough I had to make 2 substitutions for injury before halftime and Boro made one.

Will test some more later and try and fire up Twitch. Hopefully will be able to see Matts stream this time !!!
The length discrepancy of 40/39 would make sense actually, considering line height has a discrepancy. I will add this to the "next things" section in the tweaks and OP.

The 2nd Sunderland match sounded cracking. I've yet to see the CPU get sent off. Will definitely try your suggested adjustments. Good stuff, ES. Yes, get the stream going.

Btw, the black screen on twitch may be happening because of their new HTML5 beta player. There is a way to turn it off and revert back though, just click the settings in the video player and turn the switch to off.

Not sure if that's the issue or not, but just thinking out loud
Old 10-03-2016, 01:36 PM   #647
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Updated to include EvertonianSteeler's recommendation of 40/39 Length.

Sliders Status: Set 2 - Tweaks

Test Number: #1 (10/3/16)

Difficulty Level: Pro, World Class, Legendary

Slider Values:

- Decrease Sprint from 50 to 47 (Orion, EvertonianSteeler, Danielz)
- Decrease Pass Error from 60 to 57 (Danielz)
- Decrease Shot Speed from 50 to 49 (Matt10 + Velocityy)
- Decrease User Injury Frequency to 1 (Matt10 + Velocityy)
- Decrease User Injury Severity to 1 (Matt10 + Velocityy)

Purpose:

- Better CPU passing, attacking threat
- Better CPU crosses
- More dynamic shooting, ball gradually rises vs a blast with dip
- Decrease injuries, but also helping the DAA (Defensive Angle Animation) which creates bursting chances. Not completely eliminated, but better.

Things to Look into/Possible areas:

- Width discrepancy 62/65 (Velocityy), increases chances of offsides and keeps midfielders tucked in defensively. Also much more variety. Needs more testing.

- Length discrepancy 40/39 (EvertonianSteeler), sounds like this may keep the CPU more in front of the ball and allow players to "match up" to increase the physicality. I'm all for this, so let's test this one for sure.

- FT Control 99 (Rachel93), more realistic touches dependent on skill level, more stand out by stand out players. Personal preference, but something to look into as it is gaining momentum.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:47 PM   #648
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySizzler

Sprint Speed 47/47
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 47/47
Pass Error 52/52
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 45/45
Injury Freq 20/20
Injury Sev 50/50
Goalkeeper 40/40
Marking 45/76
Run Freq 50/50
Line Height 68/68
Line Length 40/40
Line Width 70/70
Fullback Pos 60/60
First Touch 65/65

How have the games been with your settings? I use Player Lock also and I've been using Set #2 on the original page on World Class with 15 min halves.

The only changes I made are:

I lowered Marking from 78/78 to 50/50 and and I had upped Run Frequency to 30/30 but I eventually lowered it back down to 5/5. Still iffy about it. I found that I was still beating the CPU alot even with Player Lock on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »