Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2016, 08:40 PM   #561
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
It's very hard to tell. How tall is the player? Plus what looks best is pretty irrelevant - it shouldn't be difficult to get correct ball size into the game.

#2 seems closer though ...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...pirlo_2014.jpg
You would think it wouldn't be difficult, but FIFA has gotten it wrong for the better part of 5 years now.

This is what I was talking about earlier. The women's game is aeshetically more appealing because the ball is just slightly bigger. The men's game have a ball size that is like a size 4.

It's the little things, but that's partly why PES has gotten proportions right, and a big nod to why their ball physics stand out.

With that said, FIFA has been playing great. I'm still working on some things, just not streaming yet.

I do have this video though....how anyone can use Sprint under 50 is beyond me. This was on 50. Jogging animation isn't an animation that represents fatigue, it's merely a threshold that determines how long a player is going to sprint or not. It's a joke. A mean joke at that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #562
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Sounds like you were playing as England
Nope, Germany

But I play Kick-off mode and I read that the tweaks do not apply the same effect of Kick-off compared to CM...
Old 10-02-2016, 09:02 PM   #563
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
You would think it wouldn't be difficult, but FIFA has gotten it wrong for the better part of 5 years now.

This is what I was talking about earlier. The women's game is aeshetically more appealing because the ball is just slightly bigger. The men's game have a ball size that is like a size 4.

It's the little things, but that's partly why PES has gotten proportions right, and a big nod to why their ball physics stand out.

With that said, FIFA has been playing great. I'm still working on some things, just not streaming yet.

I do have this video though....how anyone can use Sprint under 50 is beyond me. This was on 50. Jogging animation isn't an animation that represents fatigue, it's merely a threshold that determines how long a player is going to sprint or not. It's a joke. A mean joke at that.

Are you sure the ball is bigger in the women's, or are the women just shorter? It would be weird if they used different ball sizes!

I think the ball physics on PES is very good - I especially like how balls move through the air and curved balls - but I don't think this FIFA is so far behind. The body weight physics has always ruined PES a bit for me, and it's the same this year. Players feel really light and agile, almost like they aren't solid objects with mass, and they don't need as much time to build running momentum or change direction because of that. Just feels very arcade-like to me in comparison to FIFA . It's still loads of fun though
Old 10-02-2016, 09:04 PM   #564
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbol
Nope, Germany

But I play Kick-off mode and I read that the tweaks do not apply the same effect of Kick-off compared to CM...
I've tested in a big mix of both modes and never noticed a big difference, to be fair
Old 10-02-2016, 09:09 PM   #565
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Are you sure the ball is bigger in the women's, or are the women just shorter? It would be weird if they used different ball sizes!

I think the ball physics on PES is very good - I especially like how balls move through the air and curved balls - but I don't think this FIFA is so far behind. The body weight physics has always ruined PES a bit for me, and it's the same this year. Players feel really light and agile, almost like they aren't solid objects with mass, and they don't need as much time to build running momentum or change direction because of that. Just feels very arcade-like to me in comparison to FIFA . It's still loads of fun though
No, I don't think the ball is different for the women's. It's just because yes they're shorter and proportions, etc.

So instead of making the ball size bigger, they need to get the proportions right for the men player models
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 09:22 PM   #566
Banned

Quote:
No, I don't think the ball is different for the women's. It's just because yes they're shorter and proportions, etc.

So instead of making the ball size bigger, they need to get the proportions right for the men player models
Well, first scale the pitches and stadiums, then scale the players and balls according to that. I mean, that's the common sense way to do it. I don't understand how they could get something so basic wrong!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:23 PM   #567
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Well, first scale the pitches and stadiums, then scale the players and balls according to that. I mean, that's the common sense way to do it. I don't understand how they could get something so basic wrong!
Yeah good call too!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:28 PM   #568
Banned

Quote:
Yeah good call too!
So... Why First Touch at 65?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »