Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2018, 10:12 PM   #4945
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Are there Custom Tactics that this group recommends we use with these sliders (i.e. ricardodc, etc.)? Or are we okay going with whatever is set as Default in the game for each team?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #4946
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophlin
Are there Custom Tactics that this group recommends we use with these sliders (i.e. ricardodc, etc.)? Or are we okay going with whatever is set as Default in the game for each team?

Thanks!

I've only seen the ricardodc thread in this forum as well, but I can't offer an opinion, as this year I've played the game only sporadically.

One really interesting thing though is Sam Rivera of EA talking about the new tactics system coming in fifa 19 and saying: "The approach we had for many years was the sliders on the custom tactics screen but we knew that they didn't have a big impact on the game".

So keep that in mind and maybe try for a handful of teams and see if it makes a difference for the better. Not sure if it's worth the effort based on that admission.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:53 PM   #4947
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, unfortunately CTTs haven't been as effective as last year. Really looking forward to seeing what works in FIFA 19.

In the meantime, still enjoying the game a lot with our sliders. So much fun right now. I'll have to do a tournament of some sort and get some content out. Always find it funny how I go over the sliders on the youtube channel, but rarely produce content of playing the game. Go figure! Hopefully that will change in FIFA 19. I'd start a CM now, but there'd be no point with 19 right around the corner.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:21 PM   #4948
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

These sliders have saved my FIFA 18 from being traded in for PES 18.
I played with them yesterday afternoon and each game was a contest and very enjoyable. I did tweak the marking slider but that is more to do with me being bog average on attack than anything else.

Thank you to all who have contributed to creating this set. Easily the best i have come across.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:13 AM   #4949
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
I've only seen the ricardodc thread in this forum as well, but I can't offer an opinion, as this year I've played the game only sporadically.

One really interesting thing though is Sam Rivera of EA talking about the new tactics system coming in fifa 19 and saying: "The approach we had for many years was the sliders on the custom tactics screen but we knew that they didn't have a big impact on the game".

So keep that in mind and maybe try for a handful of teams and see if it makes a difference for the better. Not sure if it's worth the effort based on that admission.

What huge suprise , I did not see coming?!, Lol.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #4950
Rookie

I know I'm a little late to the party but I have a question.
I find myself with a lot of spare time all of a sudden so have decided to start a proper career mode using West ham.
I started on World class which was too easy (beating teams like Man City 3-0 at the Etihad with ease) so bumped it up to Legendary.
I think Legendary is a bit above my skill, could beat some teams like Spurs, Swansea 1-0 but then lose 3-0 to Burnley at home only managing 1 shot...
So my question about these sliders is will it still remain difficult on Legendary but be much more realistic?

I'm not looking to make Legendary easier just more balanced, thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:43 AM   #4951
Rookie

Also in the interest of making it harder still should I connect a second controller to make sure that the teams field their strongest players?
I play on 6 min halves too, would these sliders still work?

Last edited by T1TANMONKEY; 06-28-2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Adding extras
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 01:38 PM   #4952
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1TANMONKEY
I know I'm a little late to the party but I have a question.
I find myself with a lot of spare time all of a sudden so have decided to start a proper career mode using West ham.
I started on World class which was too easy (beating teams like Man City 3-0 at the Etihad with ease) so bumped it up to Legendary.
I think Legendary is a bit above my skill, could beat some teams like Spurs, Swansea 1-0 but then lose 3-0 to Burnley at home only managing 1 shot...
So my question about these sliders is will it still remain difficult on Legendary but be much more realistic?

I'm not looking to make Legendary easier just more balanced, thanks in advance for any replies.
I would stick to legendary. Considering that you're playing with West Ham, your results actually seem pretty realistic. West Ham finished in 13th(in the relegation zone at some point?) and Burnley finished in 7th in real life.

You could also trying to changing your control settings to make world class more challenging.

Last edited by unitedred; 06-28-2018 at 01:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »