Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #553
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

So what is full sliders now what people use? Career mode with legendary difficult is too easy for me.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #554
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teukkari
So what is full sliders now what people use? Career mode with legendary difficult is too easy for me.

World class is harder than leg this year I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-01-2017, 04:32 PM   #555
Rookie

What is everyone's thoughts on custom team tactics this year? It seems like clubs (CPU) play more true to their real life styles when playing career mode.. Are they good to go out of the box or do you think adjusting those default CTT's will make it even more realistic? I was a big user of Krebstar's Custom Team Tactics last year, wonder if folks will be looking for again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #556
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I’m just a little concerned I haven’t scored a goal from open play yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When it comes to this, and being outshot by the CPU operating with a seemingly lesser qualitative team,
just as being dominated, crushed in general,
i'd always recommend to take some accountability for underdeveloped gameplay first instead of immediately seeking to lay the blame on the game's mechanics.

I want to add that my friendlist is mainly populated by manual players who've frequented the top 100 leaderboards along the last couple of years,
not to brag but to indicate the level of competitivity in the online friendlies i've been running throughout the years,
so that my capabilities have risen according to the level of the competitors i regularly face,
and even i struggle every single year at least for a month, usually 2 to 3 maximum, to get my gameplay back to the excellent level it was at in the year before.

Same with career.

This to say i just don't get how you can expect your incompetence to not be exploited by a damn clever AI that unfortunately has been showing itself to be too viciously exploitative of our inaptitude instead of taking a more realistic approach....
Although.... isn't it realistic for the AI to exploit the many defensive mistakes we, as amateurs, make?

Let's face t,
most of us are all amateurs after all,
certainly in the beginning phase of getting adjusted to a new year's edition of the game.

It would be nice if people in general would decide to take a little more accountability for their own inaptitude instead of immediately reaching out to sliders to compensate for their inadequacies,
cause i feel like, this way, the default mechanics receive way too much harsh criticism right off the bat.

Shouldn't all of us experienced players know by now that you need to give a new year's edition, along with your self, quite some time to get adjusted to the whole novelty of it? cayse even if you feel like the game hasn't changed much over a year, i still find it specious to argue that it's pretty much the same since last year.

With all due respect.

Just my perspective,
hope it can be insightful in a way.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #557
Rookie

hawksfan509's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingsantander
What is everyone's thoughts on custom team tactics this year? It seems like clubs (CPU) play more true to their real life styles when playing career mode.. Are they good to go out of the box or do you think adjusting those default CTT's will make it even more realistic? I was a big user of Krebstar's Custom Team Tactics last year, wonder if folks will be looking for again?
I dont think they make much of a difference this year, i dont have any on right now and teams play like they really do.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #558
Rookie

Well after quite a few games I still can't find a perfect balance. One thing I figured for myself is Slow speed is no good, and manual passing is crap. In 17 I play on manual no problem, here it's impossible without messing with PowerBar. I'm not really liking 18 so far not gonna lie but I think it will grow on me
Old 10-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #559
Rookie

Yeah, I've played manual passing since Fifa10 or so--not sure what to make of this year's offering. The positives are that it's now possible to neatly lay the ball off to teammates and there does seem to be a bit more freedom compared to previous versions where I could feel my passes being pushed/pulled counter to what I was inputting. That said, the passing power is a mess--I've fiddled with the power bar sliders, but nothing has worked. I'm not sure what the developers did (or why they did it), but it's weird. It shouldn't take full power to play a ten yard ground pass.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #560
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan509
I dont think they make much of a difference this year, i dont have any on right now and teams play like they really do.
The custom tactics work this year. As long as you deselect live update they'll stick. Used Kreb's Leicester tactic and they had me under siege.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »