Home

FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2018, 01:00 PM   #865
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
It can be seen a lot on all difficulty levels, even on WC. Obviously much more on higher difficulties and even more when facing top players (maybe player traits play a significant role, not sure). I played a full season in bundesliga 2 and I didn't think it was an issue so there's that to consider.

Now, crossing is not uncommon in football of course but there are a few issues with it. First one is that the crosses themselves are too accurate. Most of the time the ball trajectory is perfect, it's rare that a cross will be played in open space and an attacker or a defender will have to chase the ball. I "solved" this on my end by switching to manual crosses. If we can introduce some error for the cpu as well that will be great.

Second issue is how good players too often finish from a cross with perfect headers/volleys/bicycle kicks without even having to control the ball and no matter the angle. It's goal of the season material but all too common.

The trouble with those two issues is that you can only do so much to block/prevent a cross, when that fails it's just a matter of hitting a button to clear it and hope that you have a strong CB in place to do so, and hope that the game will switch to him (there are issues with this as well!), so I can see how it's frustrating. I'm pretty sure there's bad finishing from the cpu as well, but I can see why it's an issue for many. A case of the rare becoming the norm.

If there's a pass error value that improves this, I'll take it, as I am not one who finds the game too easy.
I'm not sure I agree that accuracy is the issue but I completely agree about the second bit, that players are just crazy good at reaching those crosses and the headers are too powerful and accurate.

Biggest issue for me is just how powerful attackers are with their jumping for those crosses. If you watch replays, it's really as if they've given everyone the CR7 jumping animation, where they jump with a vertical that Air Jordan would be proud of it. It's ridiculous.

That and there's the issue with defenders far too often barely jumping at all. This is a common complaint reported to the devs this year so hopefully it'll get fixed in the upcoming major gameplay patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #866
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankertonian
What type of players are you doing the long dribbles with? I have found in basically every edition of FIFA going back to 07 that players with high sprint/accel values can break the game. If you want to stack a team with a bunch of 90+ sprint/accel guys you will crush the AI most of the time by just running around. I find this to be true on OFF and DEF actually, where guys with kind of crap defensive ratings are fantastic defenders as long as they are fast and agile.
I would agree with you about pace essentially breaking the game in past versions but this year is markedly different.

But no, the long type of the dribbles I'm talking about is not when getting behind the CPU defense, but actually in front.

It reminds a little of the issue in PES, where you can sometimes dribble too far without the CPU stepping out to pressure. I've sometimes watched my CMs dribble long distances while a CPU defender marks them but just doesn't attempt a tackle or pressure. This is on Ultimate.

It's seems to really on be a problem with non-elite teams. Top teams are more aggressive in defense, but lower quality teams are giving way too much space.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #867
Pro

OVR: 1

Tested V2B1 sliders, they played really well even in full manual, but have to put the power bar up to 85, otherwise, manual passes are too weak.

After several matches:
- fouls are each time around 5 for cpu and 5 for user
- aerial and ground balls, construction set from cpu is very diversified but put a lot of pressure once we scored
- we can penetrate defense really easier if we are in semi or assist passing but in manual passing, it just plays very well.
- error passes at 58 is just great, I also tested 55 but in this case, there is no real difference between star players and average players

If we put run frequency to 25/25, I didn't notice a huge difference, maybe less aerial balls but it seems logic because people run less. But the biggest point is the lack of fouls if we decrease run frequency. Every matches testes with run frequency gave around 1 foul for cpu and 1 for user without any yellow cards
Old 10-12-2018, 03:22 PM   #868
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Have had a hospitalized wife the past few weeks. FIFA time has been minimal at best. Only been able to play a handful of times.

Hope to be back to normal in the next few days...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Hope she's OK
Old 10-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #869
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am blown away by you guys. Just with your slight tweeks I have a brand new game. I need to send a few $ to you next payday and buy you some lunch. How do I go about that? You are amazing. I played two games in my Arsenal season (that have already been played in real life) and it was so lifelike and realistic. I would love to learn how you do it but I am a dad with 2 hellspawn and I indulge in the midnight nug a little too often on the weekends. Thank you! BTW-World Class 10 minutes

Last edited by Njock08; 10-12-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: adding
Old 10-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #870
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njock08
I am blown away by you guys. Just with your slight tweeks I have a brand new game. I need to send a few $ to you next payday and buy you some lunch. How do I go about that? You are amazing. I played two games in my Arsenal season (that have already been played in real life) and it was so lifelike and realistic. I would love to learn how you do it but I am a dad with 2 hellspawn and I indulge in the midnight nug a little too often on the weekends. Thank you! BTW-World Class 10 minutes

I agree 100% with everything you said lol! Ive been following and using these sliders for years and this year I decided to take it up a notch and sit in on streams and do my best to give feedback I even streamed once( poorly)lol. Learned so much and still learning but watching these guys bring this game to life step by step is simply amazing. They really put in massive effort to help us enjoy the game as a community and get our monies worth out of it. Can’t thank you enough.

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Old 10-12-2018, 07:00 PM   #871
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Have had a hospitalized wife the past few weeks. FIFA time has been minimal at best. Only been able to play a handful of times.

Hope to be back to normal in the next few days...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Wishing you the best man, really sorry to hear that.

We will be waiting for ya, whenever that can be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #872
Just started!

I've been playing around 15 post-patch games with 15 min halves on world class with V2B1 and adjusted version with FT error at 60/60, goalkeepers at 60/60 and shot error at 60/60.

I see no difference in fouls whatever the FT error is. I get fouled around 3-5 times per match, whatever the FT error.

At the moment, the only thing that pisses me off is the accuracy of headers that the opponent does, and scores effectively every time, especially when playing against stronger teams. I played as Juventus vs. Valencia in CL several times, and defenders such as Chiellini and Bonucci had no chance to win headers against Rodrigo, from which he scored nearly on 100% accuracy. I think the only way to avoid this is to prevent the crosses at any cost, which is a bit annoying. Increasing FT error, GK ability or shot error seems to have no impact on header accuracy, let alone the free space the strikers find in the box against top defenders.

Should we increase marking substantially to prevent free headers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »