Home

FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
Well said! People that say it’s to easy most of the time they are playing assisted controls which is pointless with fifa as you don’t even have to look at what your doing and will end up at the other end having a shot!! And don’t play to cheese the CPU if you know you can bypass them on wings etc try not to etc
Well I would prefer a balanced game that I could play even on default settings as I'm neither a fan of balancing a game or making it harder by making the controls harder or using house rules. You can also play more realistically with assisted as long as you don't spam the pass button and play ping pong, and ideally sliders would inject some much needed passing/first touch errors. I fully expect that sliders will make ultimate difficulty even easier in the end for people who find it easy now though, lol
Old 09-23-2018, 01:12 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaxarta
Been using the sliders in my Leeds CM and results have been pretty interesting.

Playing on Ultimate, slow game speed, 8 minute halves. Last two games ended up 5 - 5 and 9 - 1. Most of the previous ones have been pretty resounding wins for me but at least within the realm of possibility, e.g. 4 - 1 or 3 - 0.

The CPU's build-up play is generally poor and it loses possession in the midfield either due to basic tackling or interceptions. I see very little cross-field play, they tend to try to force things down the middle and only use the wings if I have an excess of defenders there.

The CPU's defending is atrocious. At least 50% of my goals come from bombing down the wing and putting in a simple cross, which my (always) unmarked forward nets in.

Not really sure what values I should adjust to make it better, as in more challenging. Whilst my form is emulating Leeds' real-life form, I am finding scoring far too easy.

Are we sure that Ultimate is actually hard? I played WC in FIFA 18 and it was tougher than this.
I know jc was playing Ultimate and having good matches. If the CPU is not marking, then that could mean the marking value at 40 doesn't correlate the way it does for World Class.

Like I said earlier, Working on finding adjustments for each specific difficulty.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I know jc was playing Ultimate and having good matches. If the CPU is not marking, then that could mean the marking value at 40 doesn't correlate the way it does for World Class.
I have a feeling this could have something to do with tactics too... Full game seems improved, but in the demo Man City had 4-5 players running after one opponent which quickly translated to me scoring 5 against them on legendary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2018, 02:51 PM   #92
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Well I would prefer a balanced game that I could play even on default settings as I'm neither a fan of balancing a game or making it harder by making the controls harder or using house rules. You can also play more realistically with assisted as long as you don't spam the pass button and play ping pong, and ideally sliders would inject some much needed passing/first touch errors. I fully expect that sliders will make ultimate difficulty even easier in the end for people who find it easy now though, lol
Exactly. We shouldn't need to play on different pass/shot settings for it to be challenging.

And even if you play on all manual, that doesn't make dribbling more difficult, doesn't make marking and tackling CPU attackers more difficult, etc.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:55 PM   #93
MVP

OVR: 12

6-0 Win vs Cardiff
4-3 Win vs New Castle
5-2 Win vs Groningen
2-2 Draw vs Hudd’field
0-0 Draw vs Watford
6-1 Loss to Everton
3-2 Win vs Hearts
4-0 Win vs Fulham

I used world Class until I think the Groningen game then I bumped to Legendary. Everton killed me. One goal came from me trying to clear the ball and my LB decided to slide instead. It was frustrating but they’re like deadly in my CM. They’re currently 6-1-0, 19 GF, 5 GA.

I’ve got a good amount of yellow cards and fouls. I use skill moves a lot. If anyone is c/o not drawing fouls, try using a basic skill move to draw the defender to make a poor challenge.

Aubameyang is my leading scorer with 9 goals. I’m running 2 up front so Lacazette can play, too so my defense gets exposed at time. When I go to a defensive adjustment it actually drops a striker back which I thought was cool.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:40 PM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Exactly. We shouldn't need to play on different pass/shot settings for it to be challenging.

And even if you play on all manual, that doesn't make dribbling more difficult, doesn't make marking and tackling CPU attackers more difficult, etc.
Yeah don't get me wrong, I agree. I would kill for a balanced version of this game, I don't know at which point an unbalanced sports game became acceptable, but at the absence of one suggesting that semi may help if someone finds ultimate easy should be made. I would definitely not want to play on manual against the ultimate AI though. That sounds like a nightmare! I'm hopeful that semi vs WC will be good enough for me.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:48 PM   #95
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

that's troubling that goals are coming so easily and the CPU is so easy to break down.

Is Artaxarta using the slider set from here?

even if he's using default, sliders can't cover poor code logic, like freewheeling down the flanks for a cross to an open forward. Fifa has always been more easy to get up and down the flanks than it's been hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2018, 03:54 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 4

People who find it easy on legendary , which team they use ? And what camera ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »